Britney Makes It Into Billboard's 100 Greatest Song Bridges of the 21st Century

6 minutes ago, TakeYourHand said:

Yeah wtf! Driver’s License being number 3? How do you even compare HIAM’s bridge alone to that entire song? This is trash lol. And I’m really not trying to hate on the girl but I don’t understand her popularity. She’s SO boring. 

I’d also like to add that her artistry is fine but to think THATS the popular trend right now?! All I can see and hear in my head is Regina George saying “what’s happening to the world? 😳

HIAM was kind of experimental for its time and I applaud that, but it doesn’t mean it had the best bridge out of Britney’s whole entire discography. The best are from OIDIA and 3! Those should have been on that list. I don’t even like “3” that much, but that bridge...Everything!!!!  

On 5/15/2021 at 3:30 PM, MathCarmignani said:

I was hoping to see the Toxic bridge being honored? But it's great to see HIAM getting the recognition it deserves :yeahhh_britney_oops_red_fist_cheer_yeah_smile_happy:

right? It's a scream that gets repeated twice with a stylistically autotuned line right after, it's ******* great

On 5/14/2021 at 3:47 PM, Strongest said:

I like the idea of honoring the bridges of pop songs!

It's nice that HIAM's mainstream influence is recognized by Billboard. That style was a bit of a risk at the time, especially for a first single, but Britney brought it

(I was half expecting a song like Oops, which has a dramatic bridge that ends on that held high note and overlaps the chorus at the end - I think called a polyphony - which was a style unique to Max Martin at the time)

Nothing is unique to Max Martin. He is an old HACK, who needed to retire 20 years ago and doesn't even write his songs, he only produces then and takes 50% of the writer's share. 

28 minutes ago, Goten21 said:

this is such a **** list tbh :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

I agree, it sucks. The cream of total s**** is all included. And you'd think that Billboard were being paid to include some of these songs, like a brand new song Olivia (Payola) Rodrigo.