Ally Brooke reveals Fifth Harmony were mentally and verbally abused

In her first episode of her YouTube podcast, Ally Brooke reveals that despite the success and the hits, Fifth Harmony was a tough time for her and her bandmates (minus Simon's and Sony Music's favorite, Camila Cabello).

Saying that the other 4 had to fight for solos or back up vocals if lucky, and Ally was extremely depressed when she rarely got picked, she even states the day we were told by Demi to be more like Camila Cabello, and simon and La agreed, we knew who was going to be the Nicole of the group.  

They were right, Most leads and solos, in the middle and purposely standing out..

Even though Diana was in the middle of 7/27 album cover, once again it was mostly a Camila album with them providing additional leads and back up..

She thought once Camila left, it would be better, sadly it got worse, they weren't giving a budget, or any creative control, and their 2017 VMAS performance with the infamous shade to Camila, the album was out, but no surprise, behind closed doors Simon and Sony fired us that Monday night and we were told, the tour will end, and you girls will break up and with Simon owning the name, they legally had to separate..

As for a group reunion it's unlikely as none of the girls enjoyed it, and Camila leaving made it worse..

And she spilled most of us are independent cos we've been blacklisted by the big wigs. 

Sony made sure we would fail as solo acts. ally-brooke-podcast.jpg.7f6e6503d74dad97bd74f9fcfc72a5e9.jpg

• Love 6

Granted, I’m was never a huge 5th harmony fan, but I felt like their songs I knew always sounded pretty split up vocally. I mean if you listen to NSYNC it was pretty much always Justin or JC on lead, BSB was usually Nick or Brian, sometimes AJ, Destiny’s Child was mainly Beyonce on lead, *****cat Dolls was Nicole Obviously, with S Club 7- a lot of the songs I knew by them Jo had a lot of lead vocals, and there were 7 of them! Maybe the problem is, if I remember correctly, they all went on that show to be solo artists and they put them in a group. 

I dunno, it sucks they were treated that way. I’m not a huge fan on any of them, but they all seem pretty talented. But I just feel like that’s the way pop groups work usually, one or 2 singers get pushed to the front, and this was a group of girls who all wanted to be the Beyonce, and they all can’t be that. 

• Like 1

Damn i don't have time to watch 60minutes of her haha, but from your overview it sounds like she was in such a rough place. I really hope she feels better and also im glad shes talking out about it, i understand Camilla being front line and center would stifle anyone's creativity.

Not to be shady but what did Simon and LA Reid like of Camila? It defintley wasnt her personality :lostney_britney_what_confused_huh_who_looking_around_glory:

• Like 2

This is so sad.

It was quite obvious their lable was sabotaging them from beginning.

At one point they were overworking them whilst the girls saw no money at all. There is a audio recording where Lauren is crying and saying they are literal slaves.

It was most obvious when Camilla left. They had no budget and they have pulled most promo performances based on their management connections.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, rr_174 said:

wow, why i belive this is so true? :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears: my god i hate camila so much. im glad people support normani so much, the other ones deserve the same :( 

It isn't really Camilla's fault but more Simon, LA and Sony's fault. They were the ones that let the girls believe they were group only to focus on Camilla. They are the ones making sure their solo ventures would fail. Not Camilla.

This is typical in Hollywood. Do something that doesn't fit some big shot's ideas and you're done unless you already made it this far, people are fighting to sign you. It's a cruel and nasty industry. 

Camilla could have sided with her friends, yes, but then again...what would you do if these big names promise you, you could be the next big thing. She probably got dragged away by promises until this day. But it isn't her fault their solo careers are ruined as Ally claims.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

It isn't really Camilla's fault but more Simon, LA and Sony's fault. They were the ones that let the girls believe they were group only to focus on Camilla. They are the ones making sure their solo ventures would fail. Not Camilla.

This is typical in Hollywood. Do something that doesn't fit some big shot's ideas and you're done unless you already made it this far, people are fighting to sign you. It's a cruel and nasty industry. 

Camilla could have sided with her friends, yes, but then again...what would you do if these big names promise you, you could be the next big thing. She probably got dragged away by promises until this day. But it isn't her fault their solo careers are ruined as Ally claims.

Come on, Camila was picked up by both Syco and Epic, she played a part, Her treatment of Normani and the added treatment from the fans..let's get real. Normani and Ally got the worse of it..

It all makes sense since Ally came out as a Virgin til she's married, they were trying to take away that part of her. 

Think about it, LA got fired by Sony cos of ***ual allegations and now Ally is backing up claims to these allegations,  no no no..

LA is only money business.

He treated TLC his biggest Laface act, like two weeks is enough to mourn your sister. 

Lisa was more than a group member, she was family.  Those girls went through everything together. 

3D could have come out in 2003, after a proper healing and mourning time, everybody thought TLC broke up, but both said, we never said goodbye, this is farewell..

We just took two years off to proper heal and mourn our sisters loss..TLC is 4eva, lisa said it, we're keeping it Alive, cos Lisa would want us 2 celebrate our legacy..

La is evil, two of his biggest acts go bankrupt cos the contracts were bad ones, @Easy There it makes sense again..

He took advantage of TLC who sold 10 Million albums in the US, La saw 75 Million in returns, while they only saw 3 Million in return, nobody told them or Toni Braxton.. everything the label pays upfront in those advancement bonuses, that's not their money. That advancement is a loan, everything spent in that advancement goes to LA first, before TLC, Toni and 5H saw a penny. 

5H's lawyer told them, you guys signed a production deal with Syco, who is paid by Epic for your "services", and she said point blank. He gave you the contract that TLC had with Pebbletone, and LaFace, I see someone still plays the big man taking advantage of people, you guys don't see a penny cos you guys don't have money in return..he still does those contracts that an artist makes squat for..

• Love 2
  • Like 1
40 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Come on, Camila was picked up by both Syco and Epic, she played a part, Her treatment of Normani and the added treatment from the fans..let's get real. Normani and Ally got the worse of it..

It all makes sense since Ally came out as a Virgin til she's married, they were trying to take away that part of her. 

Think about it, LA got fired by Sony cos of ***ual allegations and now Ally is backing up claims to these allegations,  no no no..

LA is only money business.

He treated TLC his biggest Laface act, like two weeks is enough to mourn your sister. 

Lisa was more than a group member, she was family.  Those girls went through everything together. 

3D could have come out in 2003, after a proper healing and mourning time, everybody thought TLC broke up, but both said, we never said goodbye, this is farewell..

We just took two years off to proper heal and mourn our sisters loss..TLC is 4eva, lisa said it, we're keeping it Alive, cos Lisa would want us 2 celebrate our legacy..

La is evil, two of his biggest acts go bankrupt cos the contracts were bad ones, @Easy There it makes sense again..

He took advantage of TLC who sold 10 Million albums in the US, La saw 75 Million in returns, while they only saw 3 Million in return, nobody told them or Toni Braxton.. everything the label pays upfront in those advancement bonuses, that's not their money. That advancement is a loan, everything spent in that advancement goes to LA first, before TLC, Toni and 5H saw a penny. 

5H's lawyer told them, you guys signed a production deal with Syco, who is paid by Epic for your "services", and she said point blank. He gave you the contract that TLC had with Pebbletone, and LaFace, I see someone still plays the big man taking advantage of people, you guys don't see a penny cos you guys don't have money in return..he still does those contracts that an artist makes squat for..

Yeah he is disgusting.

Lauren always threw in "read your contracts" shades whenever she could for a reason

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

In her first episode of her YouTube podcast, Ally Brooke reveals that despite the success and the hits, Fifth Harmony was a tough time for her and her bandmates (minus Simon's and Sony Music's favorite, Camila Cabello).

Saying that the other 4 had to fight for solos or back up vocals if lucky, and Ally was extremely depressed when she rarely got picked, she even states the day we were told by Demi to be more like Camila Cabello, and simon and La agreed, we knew who was going to be the Nicole of the group.  

They were right, Most leads and solos, in the middle and purposely standing out..

Even though Diana was in the middle of 7/27 album cover, once again it was mostly a Camila album with them providing additional leads and back up..

She thought once Camila left, it would be better, sadly it got worse, they weren't giving a budget, or any creative control, and their 2017 VMAS performance with the infamous shade to Camila, the album was out, but no surprise, behind closed doors Simon and Sony fired us that Monday night and we were told, the tour will end, and you girls will break up and with Simon owning the name, they legally had to separate..

As for a group reunion it's unlikely as none of the girls enjoyed it, and Camila leaving made it worse..

And she spilled most of us are independent cos we've been blacklisted by the big wigs. 

Sony made sure we would fail as solo acts. ally-brooke-podcast.jpg.7f6e6503d74dad97bd74f9fcfc72a5e9.jpg

Did you even watch the podcast?! She never once mentioned Camila. She never said that the judges wanted her to be like Camila. She never alluded to Camila being the main vocalist in the albums. She never said that once Camila left that she thought things would get better. She never said anything about not having a budget. She never said they were fired on a Monday. She never talked about a reunion. She never said she and the others were blackballed. 

Why do you make up so many lies in your threads? To make it seem more salacious? :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

That’s kind of dumb… I mean… they would have made tons of money from tours etc.. their songs are still bops. I hope they are getting some royalties. 

@Easy There Knows only way these girls can get royalties is through songwriting, and none of them wrote the songs..so there's no money at all for them..their voices is owned by Somy.

These girls were only teens, I mean none of them turned 21 til between 2017 and 2018, so they took advantage of teens and their naivety of I'm a singer living my dream.  

4 minutes ago, SloppyToppyGoddess said:

Did you even watch the podcast?! She never once mentioned Camila. She never said that the judges wanted her to be like Camila. She never alluded to Camila being the main vocalist in the albums. She never said that once Camila left that she thought things would get better. She never said anything about not having a budget. She never said they were fired on a Monday. She never talked about a reunion. She never said she and the others were blackballed. 

Why do you make up so many lies in your threads? To make it seem more salacious? :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

Can you go away

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block