If Britney recreated VMAs 2003 with current pop girls, would it be a big pop culture moment?

britney-madonna.jpg

It will never happen but let's imagine & think about it. 

I guess ''biggest'' pop girls today are Ariana and Taylor. I'm not a big fan of them but whatever.

Let's say the performance on VMAs starts with Ariana singing idk ''Baby One More Time'' or ''Oops I Did It Again'' like Britney did with Madonna's ''Like a Virgin'' and then Taylor joins her. Then Britney comes with her idk new single and then she kisses Ariana and Taylor. 

How do you think the world would react to it? Would it be a big pop culture moment? 

I honestly don't know cause Ariana and Taylor has like nothing to do with each other while Britney and Christina knew each other and they had a ''beef'' and Madonna obvi kissing Britney, they wanted to catch JT's reaction. And Britney probably like never met Ariana and she has talked to Taylor maybe like two times so no idea how it would work but that'd destroy Twitter & the rest of the Internet for sure. 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think a recreation of this in a scandalous way would be putting Olivia Rodrigo and Sabrina Carpenter kissing to each other and no Britney involved, just them covering her songs or else.  The oth

It would be ‘iconic’ but it wouldn’t be as talked about as the 2003 performance. Plus, it would feel gimmicky.

• Exhale+

It wouldn't be iconic or controversial. 

Even Madonna said to Rolling stone in 2015.

" I wasn't as controversial when I was married, Guy didn't like the fact I kissed Britney spears on MTV, that was probably the most controversial thing that happened during my marriage, it wouldn't be controversial today as it was then"

Britney lost some fans due to that Kiss and was accused of being a lesbian, I know two girls who threw all there britney stuff away saying not down with gays and ****s, Britney proved to be a **** last night with that kiss.

I'm the hunter, you're the fox 🦊.

• Exhale+
9 hours ago, Look But Don't Touch said:

britney-madonna.jpg

It will never happen but let's imagine & think about it. 

I guess ''biggest'' pop girls today are Ariana and Taylor. I'm not a big fan of them but whatever.

Let's say the performance on VMAs starts with Ariana singing idk ''Baby One More Time'' or ''Oops I Did It Again'' like Britney did with Madonna's ''Like a Virgin'' and then Taylor joins her. Then Britney comes with her idk new single and then she kisses Ariana and Taylor. 

How do you think the world would react to it? Would it be a big pop culture moment? 

I honestly don't know cause Ariana and Taylor has like nothing to do with each other while Britney and Christina knew each other and they had a ''beef'' and Madonna obvi kissing Britney, they wanted to catch JT's reaction. And Britney probably like never met Ariana and she has talked to Taylor maybe like two times so no idea how it would work but that'd destroy Twitter & the rest of the Internet for sure. 

And honestly I don't  think acts want to be controversial cos as prince said in 2004, there's nothing really to push anymore. The envelope is no longer there..

There's no envelope to push, everything we did happened cos of society views on the youth was the worst. 

Perfect example of people not into controversy anymore. The public reaction of Satan shoes and Nas having s** with satan was very disturbing, and some people felt it was unnecessary. 

The church of satan loved it, most gays loved it, cos like some of us said, this is basically what we've been told by our churches, parents and family members, we will never be in heaven, we are going to hell, I guess people didn't really understand  that was the whole message.  

He chose hell to be gay and happy, and he killed satan and took over in the ending. 

I have yet to hear stories from gays that are Christian and that they are truly loved..

Nas represented what most of us go through. 

I'm the hunter, you're the fox 🦊.

I think a recreation of this in a scandalous way would be putting Olivia Rodrigo and Sabrina Carpenter kissing to each other and no Britney involved, just them covering her songs or else. :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

The other case I think this could "work" is to putting Selena and Demi, but I don't think Selena would like to kiss Demi, no one would like to kiss Demi :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

• Haha 2