Olivia Rodrigo reveals her dark side in new song "good 4 u": watch the music video

My only complaint regarding the music video is that she looks a bit stiff and kinda awkward at times, but she's not about the whole dancing glitz and glamour pop star so it makes sense. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Regarding the song, I don't hate it but I don't love it. The, "happy and healthy", part being erased would make it 10x better for me. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

On 5/14/2021 at 12:54 PM, Look But Don't Touch said:

It's a really good song and music video but idk, will music like that sell well nowadays? 

I guess because young people nowadays like this , and it's basically all they know..... I'm talking about kids from tiktok , they only know older music from tiktok that's what they have in their lives now  ..... The standards nowadays are really low in compared to 20 years ago so no surprise if it sells well :eyes_britney_laugh:

• Like 2

the song is cute the video is so good! I watched it and was was like yay she's giving me 2000s throwback (the opening shots look identical to "Oops" video with the eye close-ups, love that). and also very Tumblr/Rookie mag 2014 aesthetic which I heard the children are already nostalgic for. (the vibe of the video is so something Marina should have done for her Electra Heart era!)

BUT then watched her SNL performance and she did nothing for me. that drivers license song is a snooze.

she's a well trained Disney star who can sing well and hit her marks.:oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

but I'm here for that music video, Petra Collins did a great job directing! :yay_britney_excited_ftr_for_the_record_2008_cheering_clapping:

p.s. I also realize that I'm not her demographic since I'm basically twice her age lol so my opinion doesn't really matter :jumpney_britney_green_excited_yay: 

I didnt wanna like her when they compared her to Britney but I love ha! :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff: she sings amazing and she is very inspired by early 00s her whole look and songs are just cute and what the recent girls are missing. She's natural and refreshing! It doesn't seem like she's trying to grow too fast she's singing about what girls her age go through. Ugh I stan!

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block