Ellen DeGeneres says media attacks on her were “too orchestrated” and felt “very misogynistic”

On 5/14/2021 at 1:19 PM, Alexanda said:

tenor.gif

But tbh her show was full of ***ism, towards men. At least in my opinion. 

That's EXACTLY the issue i had with her. It was just bl**tly objectifying men and making fun of them evidently. As in to "flip the script " on old fashioned shows. Yet it was only showing her true colours. idk i actually like her inyerviews and her style , but there is that deliberate way of making people uncomfy that just did not sit right with me. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, MmmBop said:

You know, it really bothers me that this mega successful woman, who built a career around making people laugh and being exorbitantly charitable, in the span of one year based on purely allegations alone, is being harshly criticized by people, including in this forum. The amount of charitable causes over the course of 19 years, the amount of LGBTQ+ advocacy she’s done, is suddenly meaningless and her character is called into question based on allegations? It’s so easy to pick people apart. And like many celebrities, Britney Spears included, we the GP have a very remarkable pattern of building people up and then tearing them down. People crave tearing others down, especially those who are doing/have done so well. And it’s frankly sad. When I read the allegations with reference to a “toxic workplace” about Ellen basically being a “*****” off set, I didn’t think “she must not be genuine” I thought: ****, if your job is to be 100% smiles, 100% laughter, 100% positive and 100% “on” all the time in your day job, one deserves to be however *** **** b*tchy they want in their off time. If she wants to be a ***** when she’s not on stage, all the power to her. She shouldn’t have to be 100% 24/7. People aren’t perfect. And her friendship to the G W Bush some say? So what? Michelle Obama is friends with G W Bush FFS. It’s public knowledge and the Obamas have been open about that. One thing I’ve noticed in recent years is a major shift of tone from Bush on major issues facing America. He’s definitely more progressive than his presidential years. And since when was progress of someone’s change of character a bad thing and to be discounted? People building bridges and reconciling differences in a world so divided and filled with hate is a *** **** good thing. 

I love Ellen. I think she’s a good person. And I think this whole ordeal is very unfair to her and overly exaggerated. 

Hi, Ellen! Welcome to Exhale 

• Haha 2
On 5/13/2021 at 10:57 PM, Invitation said:

when all I have ever heard from every guest that comes on the show is what a happy atmosphere this is

For the guests. This is about the working class and those working for her at the show. I don’t want to hate on her as I know in my heart what she’s done for LGBTQ2+ on television. But that doesn’t excuse her complete dismissal of less power Workers’ expressed experiences 

9 hours ago, bas che said:

Despite the rumors and allegations, I think Ellen drew smiles on people’s faces and brought so much joy to many homes.

Everyone makes mistakes. SJW were too harsh on her imo.

im sorry i just cant take anyone who uses the term sjw unironically seriously.....:teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block