Ellen DeGeneres says media attacks on her were “too orchestrated” and felt “very misogynistic”

• Content Curators

According to Deadline, Ellen DeGeneres told Savannah Guthrie on Today that she is still surprised by attacks on her and reports of her show’s workplace environment as “toxic,” but that it was not the reason for her decision to end her long-running daytime talk show.

In the sit down, conducted on the set of DeGeneres’ show, Guthrie asked DeGeneres if she felt she was “being canceled.”

DeGeneres addressed social media negativity around her personally, which was followed months later by allegations of a toxic work environment on the show.

“I mean, I really don’t understand it. I still don’t understand it,” DeGeneres said. “It was too orchestrated. It was too coordinated. And you know, people get picked on, but for four months straight for me, and then for me to read in the press about a toxic work environment when all I have ever heard from every guest that comes on the show is what a happy atmosphere this is and what a happy place it is.”

News of her ending her talk show broke yesterday, but she stressed that it had nothing to do with all the allegations.

“And also I have to say — if nobody else was saying it — it was really interesting because I’m a woman, and it did feel very misogynistic.” A rep for DeGeneres said that she was referring to negativity in social media and other coverage.

skynews-ellen-degeneres-2016_5379978.thumb.jpg.3367717455b5d17701e9979201e60098.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Like 1

My aunt is a producer and had an interview for the Ellen show, and said there will huge pictures of just Ellen everywhere.

now you tell me if your boss had portraits of herself  all over the building, would you too not find that a little toxic of a work environment? 
:chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

not Ellen trying to jump on the framing Britney/ misogyny bandwagon like the rest of the c list Hollywood blondes 

Ellen you received hate due to your behavior towards your employees, not because you’re a woman… Allegedly:mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

• Love 7
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Alexanda said:

tenor.gif

But tbh her show was full of ***ism, towards men. At least in my opinion. 

I have yet to find one lesbian that isn't s**ist towards men. 

After all they're the ones that basically ***ualized the girl on girl. I fully understand why. It's nothing to ***ualize about straight girls kissing just for your ***** 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I have yet to find one lesbian that isn't s**ist towards men. 

After all they're the ones that basically ***ualized the girl on girl. I fully understand why. It's nothing to ***ualize about straight girls kissing just for your ***** 

I don't know about the other accusations, but let me explain: 

Just reverse the gender, what a scandal it would be...

• Love 2
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Alexanda said:

I don't know about the other accusations, but let me explain: 

Just reverse the gender, what a scandal it would be...

Thank you for this. That person is so one dimensional that he cant see facts for what they are in this situation. 

It's such an ignorant and uneducated mindset. Like you said if it was reverse it would be a scandal but she plays coy and features "hot" men. To say that all lesbians are the reason "girl on girl action" are s/exualized is ridiculous. Heteros/exual men love that type of p/orn. @Spicechinodiva Stop stating your experiences as fact. You bring down so many people in your posts. I'm sorry you have had a bad experience in life with your ***uality but stop projecting that on us as facts. It's false. I hope you find positivity with yourself and the great community of the LGBTQ+. 

As someone else said, go quietly. Please don't play the victim.  

The employees who talked about a toxic work environment shouldn't now have to listen to the woman heading the show talk about being "picked on". Changes were made as a result of the accusations made so there was clearly a problem and I have my doubts that Ellen was unaware for almost 20 years that there were issues behind the scenes. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, SloppyToppyGoddess said:

Thank you for this. That person is so one dimensional that he cant see facts for what they are in this situation. 

It's such an ignorant and uneducated mindset. Like you said if it was reverse it would be a scandal but she plays coy and features "hot" men. To say that all lesbians are the reason "girl on girl action" are s/exualized is ridiculous. Heteros/exual men love that type of p/orn. @Spicechinodiva Stop stating your experiences as fact. You bring down so many people in your posts. I'm sorry you have had a bad experience in life with your ***uality but stop projecting that on us as facts. It's false. I hope you find positivity with yourself and the great community of the LGBTQ+. 

Funk you . I hate you. You're a Republican  I hate your kind

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block