P!NK talks about being compared to Britney

1) Britneys isn’t in “stupid girls” video..
2) p!nk Lobes britney - you can see video on YouTube where she said “Britney deserves a world” thing. It was a real emotion!

3) “don’t let me get me” Can’t be analysed differently. She just admits that Britney is prettier than her (well Britney was the most beautiful singer imo) and being a beautiful in industry made her angry. The song is about anger not about the right things cause “parents hated her, teachers dated her” and her “socks was never clean”.. the song is sang from a side of an unhappy girl.. 

4) the only thing I remember from her to be sharp on Britney was about lip sync.. she didn’t love that fact and was honest about it.. I was upset reading that but it’s her opinion.

• Love 4

If I remember correctly, Stupid Girls was specifically aimed at Jessica Simpson and Paris Hilton.

I don't think the "Don't Let Me Get Me" line was meant as an insult. I guess she thought she was being compared to Britney by the media and maybe her management, at the time. Or, it could have been a simple name drop haha. I loved the Misundastood album

• Love 3
  • Super Mods
16 minutes ago, Strongest said:

If I remember correctly, Stupid Girls was specifically aimed at Jessica Simpson and Paris Hilton.

I don't think the "Don't Let Me Get Me" line was meant as an insult. I guess she thought she was being compared to Britney by the media and maybe her management, at the time. Or, it could have been a simple name drop haha. I loved the Misundastood album

Very true since the following line was “shes sooo pretty but that just ain’t meee” 

I feel like she had more beef with Xtina than Britney and they did that tacky Pepsi commercial together and whether she had ill feelings before or not, it looked like they got along. 

• Love 1
  • Content Curators

Doesn't Pink have some new album or song out or something?

It's funny how Britney has never resorted to mentioning nobody's name when she drops a new projects yet we can't say the same about others :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point:

As far as her being compared to Britney, she should be happy they compared her to such an icon :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point:

I wanna be there when you touch fire

16 minutes ago, MX3 said:

“Tired of being compared to damn Britney Spears she’s so pretty that just ain’t me “

I agree it wasn’t an insult per se and could be viewed as a compliment? but it was still building a brand and an image on being “anti” of someone else. Britney represented the “fake popular girls” in contrast to the “unique, individual” that was pink. Britney again being viewed as something mainstream and manufactured at a time when being “anti establishment” was cool. I don’t think it was very nice tbh. 

Avril did it too and looking back it’s not fair that Britney was seen as being more manufactured than any other “punky” singer or band when they were just as curated and worked w songwriters etc. And made pop music lol. 

Exactly. It's so hilarious and cringy seeing these super mainstream singers who are every bit as produced and manufactured as any pop star is in terms of being pushed and controlled by giant mega corporations but yet want to front like their style is bare bones, relatable and an alternative to the status quo ...like gurl bye!! LMAO 

Also Avril was just straight up sl**-shaming Britney and being a total misogynist. She was way more toxic to Brit than Pink. 

“I mean, the way she dresses — would you walk around the street in a ****in’ bra?” she asks rhetorically. “I’m not trying to dis anyone, but with me, the clothes I wear onstage are the clothes I would wear to school or go shopping. I’m not gonna go up onstage and dress different. Britney Spears goes up onstage and dresses like a showgirl. She’s not being herself up there because she’s dancing like a ho. Is she a ho? She says she’s a virgin. Y’know, it’s just not clicking. She’s doing one thing and saying another thing, y’know? It’s definitely not what I’m going to do.”- Avril Lavigne on Brit 

• Like 2

I love pink. She was always perceived as the least successful out of her peers from the early 00s like Britney, Xtina, JLo etc 

look at her now, she sells more albums, singles and tour tickets than all three combined. Her longevity is unparalleled. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, bas che said:

I love pink. She was always perceived as the least successful out of her peers from the early 00s like Britney, Xtina, JLo etc 

look at her now, she sells more albums, singles and tour tickets than all three combined. Her longevity is unparalleled. 

Doesn’t mean her latest music is good. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MamboDoesItBetter said:

Not P!nk acting like a victim when she name dropped Britney and made a song called “Stupid Girls” now all of a sudden is women supporting women. 🙄🙄🙄🙄

I think stupid girls has a really important message for young girls... You don't have to get your **** out to get to where you want to be... 

• Love 2

I'm not a massive fan of her, more of a casual fan, but I have to say she is one of the best performers I've ever seen live. Sometimes concerts in Stadiums can be a real disappointment but she rocked Hampden Park both times. Longing for post Covid days when concerts are a thing again. :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

As for her previous comments on Britney, people grow up, mature and evolve. It really is that simple. I'd hate to be reminded of how I behaved or what I said about others 15 or 20 years ago. Plus I think her issue was more with the industry itself than Britney. 

Does anyone have the pic of her and Britney from the Pepsi premier in London where they're both backstage, and I think they're wearing they're bodyguards coats? I think they were giving peace signs.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Arthurfleck said:

She probably had a gay crush on Britney too... 

As for artistry and being manufactered: wasnt she the one coming off as “black” artist at the beginning of her career?

she should apologize and apologize fast!

That was La Reid ideas, She was signed to LaFace records, a r&b, hip hop label

I don't blame her for that one..

TLC, outkast, Toni Braxton all r&B 90s icons and legends. LaFace was the Motown of that era in hip hop, I don't blame pink for what happened, she was signed to an R&B label, how is that her fault. Of course she would make R&B music on a label strictly for R&B only

2 hours ago, Anticonformity said:

Also, instead of "she's so pretty" it was once written to be "slutty"...

The Try This tour with the blow up dolls, the MTV performance bashing Britney, Jessica and Xtina was NOT it either but it's been 20 years and peeps grow...

Lady marmalade is about a prostitute and let's be honest she sang beautiful to the ugliest one of them all. Xtina..

Like LA said, there would be No beautiful or stripped if it wasn't for P!NK's missundaztood, Linda was a has been when pink asked her to work with her in that record.