Out From Under writer, Shelly Peiken, confirms "Love is War"was intended for Britney

Shelly Peiken who worked on Britney's legendary comeback album, "Circus", shared some info about the "Love Is War" song that we believed was intended for "B In The Mix vol.2" to promote the album.

Peiken worked on "Circus" on the track "Out From Under".

Peiken specifically wrote it was 2010. She imagined how she must have felt about everything that happened with her and Justin while writing the song.

A demo with the same name leaked years ago on the internet along with other tracks such as "Sorry Adam" but none of them had Britney's vocals in it. Nobody knows for sure if these demos were actually recorded by Britney. At least now we know Britney never recorded this demo. 

The alledged demo tracks leaked around the time of the remix album's announcement.

It seemed the track was intended for "Femme Fatale".

I wonder of the other demos were recorded by her. Sorry adam, Red is the colour, ....

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Actually, the article says she didn't and it was during the Femme Fatale sessions:

Although there’s nothing like a virgin piano-vocal demo I adored Fraser’s approach as well. It was robotic, hypnotic, spaced out. Just like — well, Britney. It felt like a no-brainer. 

I agreed to split the song with Fraser 50/50 if she (or anybody for that matter) recorded it as his treatment might have been what it took for an artist to sign on. 

It was a thumbs-up from the Britney camp. I was very excited as you might imagine. I even allowed myself forbidden fantasies…like accepting a GRAMMY for Song Of The Year. 😃

But…alas, as many of these “I’m-going-to-have-a-big-fat-hit-me-baby-one-more-time” stories go, for whatever reason, (maybe God said “ha” for that indulgent fantasy) it didn’t fly. She didn’t record it. I stayed in bed for a week. Shades drawn. Inconsolable. But then I got out.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, CJMCH said:

Actually, the article says she didn't and it was during the Femme Fatale sessions:

Although there’s nothing like a virgin piano-vocal demo I adored Fraser’s approach as well. It was robotic, hypnotic, spaced out. Just like — well, Britney. It felt like a no-brainer. 

I agreed to split the song with Fraser 50/50 if she (or anybody for that matter) recorded it as his treatment might have been what it took for an artist to sign on. 

It was a thumbs-up from the Britney camp. I was very excited as you might imagine. I even allowed myself forbidden fantasies…like accepting a GRAMMY for Song Of The Year. 😃

But…alas, as many of these “I’m-going-to-have-a-big-fat-hit-me-baby-one-more-time” stories go, for whatever reason, (maybe God said “ha” for that indulgent fantasy) it didn’t fly. She didn’t record it. I stayed in bed for a week. Shades drawn. Inconsolable. But then I got out.

Oops I got excited and read it wrong. Edited it! At least it is nice to know the demo might be legit.

3 minutes ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

Oops I got excited and read it wrong. Edited it! Art east it is nice to know the demo light be legit.

Yeah, that pack came from Sony, so all of the demos that leaked together are real (Love Is War, Connected, First Love, Sorry Adam, I Need a Change, Red Is the Color).

Nice to hear the rough demo for Love is War, didn't know she posted it.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, CJMCH said:

Yeah, that pack came from Sony, so all of the demos that leaked together are real (Love Is War, Connected, First Love, Sorry Adam, I Need a Change, Red Is the Color).

Nice to hear the rough demo for Love is War, didn't know she posted it.

Hmm I don't know Connected and First Love. Are there demos of those songs online?

1 hour ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

Shelly Peiken who worked on Britney's legendary comeback album, "Circus", shared some info about the "Love Is War" song that we believed was intended for "B In The Mix vol.2" to promote the album.

Peiken worked on "Circus" on the track "Out From Under".

Peiken specifically wrote it was 2010. She imagined how she must have felt about everything that happened with her and Justin while writing the song.

A demo with the same name leaked years ago on the internet along with other tracks such as "Sorry Adam" but none of them had Britney's vocals in it. Nobody knows for sure if these demos were actually recorded by Britney. At least now we know Britney never recorded this demo. 

The alledged demo tracks leaked around the time of the remix album's announcement.

It seemed the track was intended for "Femme Fatale".

I wonder of the other demos were recorded by her. Sorry adam, Red is the colour, ....

Here's the rough demo for stream, just in case anyone wants it

• Love 2

I interviewed Shelly and we talked about the songs she worked on for Britney and more!  Should be coming soon.

I also interviewed Heather Bright about her songs with Britney as well, that should be coming out in less than two weeks.

Its been great talking to these songwriters and hearing them tell the stories about how they create their music.

• Love 2

Fraser T. Smith submitted so much stuff for Femme Fatale that's actually insane

There's at least three songs registered on ASCAP which I'm pretty sure were intended for the album

Break the Circle (Kasia Livingston): https://www.ascap.com/repertory#/ace/search/workID/881256329

Chains (Kasia Livingston, Nicole Morier & Shelly Peiken): https://www.ascap.com/repertory#/ace/search/workID/904485003

Switch You On (Nicole Morier): https://www.ascap.com/repertory#/ace/search/workID/880561459

Then there's Forgiven which was also written by Shelly Peiken, somebody reached out to her on Facebook a few years ago as well and she confirmed that she never recorded it either but I can't seem to find the original thread

• Love 1
On 5/13/2021 at 1:59 PM, CJMCH said:

Here's the rough demo for stream, just in case anyone wants it

Omg I would have LOVED to hear Britney sing this.  I feel like Britney would have liked to as well.  The lyrics really do hit.

• Love 2