Rihanna faces criticism for Palestine/Israel conflict

Message added by Jordan Miller,

Please ensure this topic does not get out of hand. 

12 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Rihanna is facing a wave of backlash for commenting on the ongoing Palestine/Israel conflict.

More than 70 people have been killed since Monday.

Thoughts on what Rihanna said, Exhale? 

E1PRt0RWUAAe1lQ?format=jpg

Related:

rihanna-palestine-israel.jpg.db5cca0514adb403565c0063c1e12948.jpg

Honestly the only wrong thing I thought she didn’t say was #freepalestine I was happy someone w such a large platform said something but this is no war. It’s an ethnic cleansing 

17 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

Waiting for at least ONE CELEBRITY to implant some guts and actually speak out that it's NOT A WAR but a one-sided slaughter by Israel. Up until then, none of these freedom rights fighters wannabe can shut it :byebitch_britney_wave_black_white_and_bw_sunglasses_bye_hi_walking_leaving:

Check Viola Davis 

17 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

Waiting for at least ONE CELEBRITY to implant some guts and actually speak out that it's NOT A WAR but a one-sided slaughter by Israel. Up until then, none of these freedom rights fighters wannabe can shut it :byebitch_britney_wave_black_white_and_bw_sunglasses_bye_hi_walking_leaving:

Check Viola Davis ❤️

https://www.instagram.com/p/COtDkdaBtRa/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

14 hours ago, PeterPaul said:

Unfortunately you are wrong. I’m an Israeli citizen who doesn’t agree with the government’s decision to evacuate sheikh jarakh. Yet, the Muslims living in Israel are causing literal chaos, just as much as the Jews. BOTH sides are attacking innocent people in the streets of our cities, planting fear in the heart of the more moderate majority in Israel. That is without taking into account the war on Hammas, the terror organization that has control over the people of Gaza.

The Israeli army has no choice but to attack Hammas in response to the 2000+ (!!!!!!!) rockets shot in just 3 days. Prior to every attack, the government warns the civilians to evacuate the area, but Hammas is purposely using innocent women and children as victims, so they win the public attention.

The situation in Gaza is very complicated, I know many innocent people are harmed, and trust me - I’m as sad about them just the same as I am sad about every Jewish (or any human) killed in the bloodshed. But the media is portraying the situation very one-sidedly. I have to stay in my home and won’t leave unless I have to, because I am afraid to be ******** in the streets.

So I advise everyone this - you can be critical of the Israeli policy, which definitely is very flawed. But I ask you to try and imagine having your life in constant danger without the government taking into some action as a response. I think most people here can not even imagine what its like living in fear for your life, and currently - both Jewish and Palestinian children live with this fear.

I will no longer respond to this thread because I can only assume the death threats I will recieve after this, but I ask everyone commenting to please just pray and wish for peace. For every Palestinian or Israeli person, and for every citizen of the world.

*written with the blessing of many of my Arab friends who agree with the fact that in this situation, no one is right; every side is very wrong.

Stay safe 

• Love 2
On 5/13/2021 at 10:26 AM, BUWYGF said:

Halsey has, she’s been tweeting #freepalestine

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Ore Engel said:

Watch and learn

Not Northkorea talking about humanrights, give me a break. :ricackle_rihanna_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe:

Hamas is a terrororganisation, so, let palestine-people speak, but not some of these radical-people

And it's notable that all nations are from islam-countries. 

But do they actually help? It could be a great state by now. But they won't do anything about it. And many of them are indeed rich, so don't play that card. 

Really one-sided. 

• Haha 1

Fox news report basically said, if nobody is here to help Palestine, by this weekend  their biggest city will be destroyed and if the gaza strip keeps getting attacked. Palestine will be set back to life 50 to 60 years ago. 

An entire city destroyed and life for them to probably go back to the 60s and the 50s and live on that kind of electricity and technology

It's more scarier, and the fact is Isreal.is literally overpowering them, to the point it could literally destroy the country and force them out or be killed. They are now annihilating this country.  

Like fox said. It's pretty much escalated to Israel declaring war on them, and Palestine has nobody to help them, it's actually scary. If you think about it. When most countries and military organizations are allies to Israel, including the US. It's actually sad to think hands are also tied as Palestine is losing a fight to live and be part of modern society.  If nobody is willing to break away from Israel, Palestinians and Palestine could be entirely erased if the violence keeps escalating. Bomb shelters are being invaded as we speak and turned into slaughter houses. 

America will be part of the bloodshed of they don't intervene with much needed help. 

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Fox news report basically said, if nobody is here to help Palestine, by this weekend  their biggest city will be destroyed and if the gaza strip keeps getting attacked. Palestine will be set back to life 50 to 60 years ago. 

An entire city destroyed and life for them to probably go back to the 60s and the 50s and live on that kind of electricity and technology

It's more scarier, and the fact is Isreal.is literally overpowering them, to the point it could literally destroy the country and force them out or be killed. They are now annihilating this country.  

Like fox said. It's pretty much escalated to Israel declaring war on them, and Palestine has nobody to help them, it's actually scary. If you think about it. When most countries and military organizations are allies to Israel, including the US. It's actually sad to think hands are also tied as Palestine is losing a fight to live and be part of modern society.  If nobody is willing to break away from Israel, Palestinians and Palestine could be entirely erased if the violence keeps escalating. Bomb shelters are being invaded as we speak and turned into slaughter houses. 

America will be part of the bloodshed of they don't intervene with much needed help. 

138 countries acknowledged Palestine, USA is not one of them. 

According to United Nations Organization. 

This is a very complex issue. As far as i know Israel has been taking more and more land from Palestine and they even control the water that palestinian people drink, so they are forced to collect water from the rain. Regarding the attacks, of course i do not support attacks on any side, but just look at the maps, Israel has been taking more and more land as time has passed. Colonialism has to stop.

On another side, looks like some politicians in the US make it seem like if you are against Israeli government you are also against jewish people, this is a lie.

4 hours ago, Sea flower said:

This is a very complex issue. As far as i know Israel has been taking more and more land from Palestine and they even control the water that palestinian people drink, so they are forced to collect water from the rain. Regarding the attacks, of course i do not support attacks on any side, but just look at the maps, Israel has been taking more and more land as time has passed. Colonialism has to stop.

On another side, looks like some politicians in the US make it seem like if you are against Israeli government you are also against jewish people, this is a lie.

Trump actually tried it, to solve the problem, but... 

1024px-Trump_Peace_Plan_(cropped).jpg

is a mess.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
On 5/13/2021 at 7:41 PM, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

I do not believe Rihanna meant any harm by her comments. However, there is an ignorance to the situation that seems to constantly stem from American culture that always benefits and celebrates Israel.

This is not a equally bad both sides issue. One side is a government supported, with a mandatory military power, and US investment, lead by a dictator. The other is a population whose rights and existence are being threatened day in and day out.

For too long, israel escaped criticism, comparing all valid  anti-zionist criticism to antisemitism.

I mean honestly, even in regards to the Covid-19 pandemic, the world cheered israel's vaccine rollout that completely left out Palestinian people.

In no uncertain terms, the Israeli government is the oppressor here.

This conflict didn't happen over night, it has been forming for atleast 20 years.

If you are pro-israel, or trying to blame both sides, please look at the history of the situation. The state that is israel only exists as it because people of the Jewish faith were escaping persecution, that same state is now the persecutors. 

Don’t bother disagreeing with this one ^ he/she blocks you from responding when you present alternative points of view. The absolute essence of intolerance and close mindedness. I suppose he/she is unwilling to hear or read the lengthy posts written by multiple people living IN Israel right now who are disputing his/her OPINIONS. No point. 

Ps - it is a FACT, albeit an inconvenient  one for you and your argument, that the Palestinian government has also ******** thousands of Israelis over a strip of land that multiple courts have already decided doesn’t belong to them. keep supporting a government of repression and ignorance and then blaming Israel for everything tho. And I’m done arguing with you. Readers, if I’m censored (LOL) remember whatever he/she says is OPINION and one side of a complicated issue. Being a moderator on a z-list pop gossip site doesn’t mean you are correct and enlightened.:katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

• Love 1
6 hours ago, sparrowhawk said:

Don’t bother disagreeing with this one ^ he/she blocks you from responding when you present alternative points of view. The absolute essence of intolerance and close mindedness. I suppose he/she is unwilling to hear or read the lengthy posts written by multiple people living IN Israel right now who are disputing his/her OPINIONS. No point. 

Ps - it is a FACT, albeit an inconvenient  one for you and your argument, that the Palestinian government has also ******** thousands of Israelis over a strip of land that multiple courts have already decided doesn’t belong to them. keep supporting a government of repression and ignorance and then blaming Israel for everything tho. And I’m done arguing with you. Readers, if I’m censored (LOL) remember whatever he/she says is OPINION and one side of a complicated issue. Being a moderator on a z-list pop gossip site doesn’t mean you are correct and enlightened.:katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

I don't even bother checking the answers, because i know it's like endless and we are so wrong, you kinda know what they say next. Nobody in their right mind can bring me to stand up for a country with a lot of terrorism-groups (that doesn't mean i am heartless) and with the past: Yes, i am 100% for Israel and no i don't believe in a religion. 

People really think attacking their neighbour is a step for peace and the outrage worldwide by arabs clearly proves my point.

• Love 1

i know israeli goverment is behaving too savage and too inhumane towards palestine people. but truth to be told I can't blame them, i emphytize with their thirst of blood because as a gay man I know what it feels like to be hated, chased and humilliated, in my case for being gay and their case through history for being jews.

Sometimes i just want to get revenge, bloody revenge on the people who cause me pain but in this case i also acknoledge the ABYSMAL disadvantage the palestine people have and the slaughter they are facing. very conflicting for me.

I know i should forgive and forget but in my 27 years of life that doesn't seem posible for me 

Edited by Kalyn
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/14/2021 at 2:41 AM, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

I do not believe Rihanna meant any harm by her comments. However, there is an ignorance to the situation that seems to constantly stem from American culture that always benefits and celebrates Israel.

This is not a equally bad both sides issue. One side is a government supported, with a mandatory military power, and US investment, lead by a dictator. The other is a population whose rights and existence are being threatened day in and day out.

For too long, israel escaped criticism, comparing all valid  anti-zionist criticism to antisemitism.

I mean honestly, even in regards to the Covid-19 pandemic, the world cheered israel's vaccine rollout that completely left out Palestinian people.

In no uncertain terms, the Israeli government is the oppressor here.

This conflict didn't happen over night, it has been forming for atleast 20 years.

If you are pro-israel, or trying to blame both sides, please look at the history of the situation. The state that is israel only exists as it because people of the Jewish faith were escaping persecution, that same state is now the persecutors. 

That is because Hollywood and the American mass media are Jewish owned so the American people are being brain-washed to favour Israel :gloss_mirror_young_little_girl_smile_child_makeup_lipstick_lipgloss_lips_pink:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block