Britney's VMAs 2007 performance is her last iconic & big pop culture moment

To be fair I think now that we have social media there is no longer big iconic career defining performances. Everything moves so fast that we move onto the next performance or song relatively fast. Like all of the current pop girls have had performances that were good but none were really engrained in pop culture the way things used to be. 

• Like 7
19 hours ago, HIM said:

Agree. Lack of creative freedom and her team destroying any bit of fun. They have watered her down. She’s no longer the cool girl she once was at 25/26. They censor her videos so much that they become squeaky clean and boring. (Hence perfume and make me). They learned their lesson with SP but the damage was already done. 

What was the damage with Slumber Party? I really don't know about that one 😅

21 hours ago, HIM said:

Agree. Lack of creative freedom and her team destroying any bit of fun. They have watered her down. She’s no longer the cool girl she once was at 25/26. They censor her videos so much that they become squeaky clean and boring. (Hence perfume and make me). They learned their lesson with SP but the damage was already done. 

I think britney played a part. She didn't want to be seen as a ****, she always puts her sons first. 

s** is fun, but she says as a mom, I don't want to embarrass my sons. So I do a thin line of what's acceptable and not. 

I think the make me **** would have been brutal, I can only imagine is she read the headlines. 

Dear Sean and Preston, you're better off with Kevin instead of queen of sleaze and ****** mom of the year Britney. 

Yeah,  she probably would have cried and be judged by her sons classmates and parents. 

She did probably what was best. For her sons. 

@Jordan Miller

@PokemonSpears 

I wish everybody would realize her son's are more important to her than a **** Music video, she doesn't want to be an embarrassment to them, and as a victim of what she went thru, imagine the press if it went after queen of **** pop Britney spears does an **** video, her kids should be ashamed. 

It would break her heart if her boys saw those headlines and your mom is a slit. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I think britney played a part. She didn't want to be seen as a ****, she always puts her sons first. 

s** is fun, but she says as a mom, I don't want to embarrass my sons. So I do a thin line of what's acceptable and not. 

I think the make me **** would have been brutal, I can only imagine is she read the headlines. 

Dear Sean and Preston, you're better off with Kevin instead of queen of sleaze and ****** mom of the year Britney. 

Yeah,  she probably would have cried and be judged by her sons classmates and parents. 

She did probably what was best. For her sons. 

@Jordan Miller

@PokemonSpears 

I wish everybody would realize her son's are more important to her than a **** Music video, she doesn't want to be an embarrassment to them, and as a victim of what she went thru, imagine the press if it went after queen of **** pop Britney spears does an **** video, her kids should be ashamed. 

It would break her heart if her boys saw those headlines and your mom is a slit. 

I understand that about her kids. But the actual video that was released is just as bad (auditioning guys to have s** with while her friends watch) 

Point is, the lack of care. She doesn’t have to overly ***ual. All they need to do is deliver a decent music video not cheap ones with 

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Drunkerella91 said:

What was the damage with Slumber Party? I really don't know about that one 😅

Slumber Party is fine. I meant the era was damaged already flop decision after flop decision 

True. BBMAS 2016 is anything but iconic, it's good, but not iconic. VMAS 2016 is just bad lol. I really thought she was gonna kill it since there's this whole aura around Britney and the VMAS, I remember one of my friends was in the arena and said Britney got the loudest screams that year.

Everyone in this thread is just insulting Britney and for what:tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

Yes, she missed out on so many moments post-cship where she could've had more success and more iconic moments but who cares?

Britney's career trajectory is legendary and timeless. The industry FINALLY sees her as the legend that she is after so many years, her work is being appreciated, her songs are growing massively in streaming, her outfits are still being referenced in pop culture and TV shows. It doesn't matter if she hasn't done anything legendary post-2007 because what she did in the 90s & 2000s is worth 20 years for other artists. Remember that:girlbye_walking_away_leave_get_out_leaving_chair_okay:

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, alexxxx said:

The industry FINALLY sees her as the legend that she is after so many years, her work is being appreciated, her songs are growing massively in streaming, her outfits are still being referenced in pop culture and TV shows. It

Obvi Britney is a legend but people & other fandoms still dont respect her enough & try to discredit her 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Look But Don't Touch said:

Obvi Britney is a legend but people & other fandoms still dont respect her enough & try to discredit her 

The people who try to discredit her are Lady Gaga stans on twitter who barely know anything about her in the first place. Sure, her career was mismanaged a ton of times but even with all that she still came on top and I think the barmy tends to forget that. There was a tweet the other day that called Britney the most impactful popstar of the 21st century and it got over 100k likes so the GP definitely recognizes her as a legend.

28 minutes ago, alexxxx said:

The people who try to discredit her are Lady Gaga stans on twitter who barely know anything about her in the first place. Sure, her career was mismanaged a ton of times but even with all that she still came on top and I think the barmy tends to forget that. There was a tweet the other day that called Britney the most impactful popstar of the 21st century and it got over 100k likes so the GP definitely recognizes her as a legend.

You mean Beyonce, Taylor, Nicki, Ariana, Gaga stans, even Olivia Rodrigo lmao 

• Haha 1
35 minutes ago, Look But Don't Touch said:

You mean Beyonce, Taylor, Nicki, Ariana, Gaga stans, even Olivia Rodrigo lmao 

No, no. It's really just gaga fans, a small portion and I would say a small portion of Janet Jackson fans as well, they see the dancing but they don't see anything musically that connects the two. 

The Janet fans says for a girl influence by Janet, she basically denies it. They reference the Madonna and Beyonce posts and question her loyalty, like did she jump ship after the super bowl as well. 

Unfortunately one Janet fan put it best, He said my girl should have really embraced her, he said Madonna came in and literally formed the working relationship that really was Janet's and when Me against the music happened, the erasure of Janet's influence on Britney really began, even MTV played a huge part and it was way before the super bowl that Janet erased from Britney, it's been Madonna's prodigy since then..

He states Janet wanted aaliyah and so did her team, so she played a part as well..