Is Little Mix The Spice Girls Of Our Generation? Discuss

• Exhale+

Both had pretty big debuts (SPICE and DNA)

Both had massively successful follow-ups (Spice world and Salute0

Both have a definitive hit in their career (Wannabe and Shoutout to my ex)

Both had one of their members leave

Possibly a future of the group dissolving like SG?

This not to throw shade at LM, but just a discussion I felt like bringing up. What do you guys think? Lemme know!

Young Billie Run Pop :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Little Mix is amazing and the girls are so talented but the Spice Girls (in terms or pop culture relevance and success) were on a different level. Their fame in 1996 was equal to Britney’s fame at her

Let this thread not turn into a LM v SG thread. YES! Both are incredible groups and Spice Girls are iconic and are the biggest girl group of all time. Little Mix are the biggest girl group s

I only know Little Mix @Slayer's impact 

Let this thread not turn into a LM v SG thread.

YES! Both are incredible groups and Spice Girls are iconic and are the biggest girl group of all time.

Little Mix are the biggest girl group since the Spice Girls in the UK and have became British Icons. Little Mix are absolutely huge in the UK, they have been together for 10 years with no breaks and have 5 UK Number 1's and their latest Number 1 was this year during their TENTH year, this is unheard of for girl groups! They were also the best selling British Act of 2020 with their album 'Confetti' and are a massive touring force in the UK.

Spice Girls and Little Mix are the biggest ever girl groups to come from the UK.

Plus both groups absolutely love each other, I just made a thread about how Geri from the Spice Girls sent LM flowers.

Little Mix dedicated their recent award to the Spice Girls and even said they should have won this when they were nominated.

It's all love between the groups! :)

from the sky, drop like confetti ♫

Little Mix is amazing and the girls are so talented but the Spice Girls (in terms or pop culture relevance and success) were on a different level. Their fame in 1996 was equal to Britney’s fame at her peak. Though it did kinda die down especially with their last album really tanking hard, no one can beat the Spice Girls success in 1996. However, Little Mix does have longevity.

• Like 1
  • Exhale+

For the UK, yes but even @Slayer would agree. Spice girls are more iconic and on a higher pedestal, they did what other groups like All saints, sugababes and girls aloud failed to do. 

Conquer the globe. And crack the notorious difficult US Music industry even oasis failed our market and so did take that. 

Granted while world domination happened. The spices was extremely overworked both physically and mentally. 

They kept asking for one day off, but was denied. The demise of the group was inevitable..

Geri quit cos of exhaustion and depression. Melanie C is a mental health advocate cos for a while she hated pop Music and Spice girls cos it was draining. 

Now, she embraced it, but it took time to heal, even Geri embraced it again on her own terms. 

I do hope Jesy does the same one day. 

Love both, but Spicemania has a cautionary tale of what happens when you are too famous and basically can't live a life. 

• Like 1

I'm the hunter, you're the fox 🦊.

• Exhale+
8 hours ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

Little Mix is amazing and the girls are so talented but the Spice Girls (in terms or pop culture relevance and success) were on a different level. Their fame in 1996 was equal to Britney’s fame at her peak. Though it did kinda die down especially with their last album really tanking hard, no one can beat the Spice Girls success in 1996. However, Little Mix does have longevity.

What about 1997? Spice world was a pretty big era, no? 

Young Billie Run Pop :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

I don’t see the comparison. For those who experienced Spice Mania at the time it was at it’s peak… you can’t put it into words. It’s was the definition of iconic. The Spice Girls had sass, cariama and their music is seriously some [emphasis on “SOME”] of the greatest pop music in existence. They stood out and still do, their music stood out and still does. There’s no parallels in my opinion. Little Mix are a good pop group with some good songs. The Spice Girls are an untouchable, one of a kind moment in pop music and pop culture.

• Like 1
  • Exhale+

But to put it in perspective 60 Million records just by the UK alone is impressive, they will overtake the Spice girls title just by the UK alone. 

That's legendary ish..

The UK I think is loyal to little mix, even if they're slept on most countries..

I blame Simon and Columbia for screwing up the US, having them on the same label as one direction messed everything up. 

The boys broke through the US before a single dropped.  They had the better budget, then Fifth harmony happened and that made it harder for little mix .

They had a sold out US tour for Salute, only to be cancelled by Columbia and Simon alone..

So the cards was really against them for US domination.  

Sadly because they're approaching 30, which is where now ageism begins in the industry for females..it's now even harder to break through..I haven't given up hope, I just lost faith in my US gays for not knowing talent that isn't being marketed to them...

@Slayer

• Like 1

I'm the hunter, you're the fox 🦊.

The answer is possibly yes. Or at least if a girl group had to be labelled as that it could only be them :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:

The parallels are so scary :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale: I'm putting my money on the next album being their last, full of American producers, with a more solid R&B/urban vibe. It will underperform compared to the others but it'll be an underrated gem :pieceofwhat_britney_awkward:

• Like 1

I think it's hard to compare the two for many different reasons.

Little Mix have been around alot longer than Spice Girls

Spice girls had a much bigger impact in a shorter space of time.

Sales are different now.

• Like 1