Sky Ferreira's American Dream was NOT for Britney

Maybe some people caught it in 2011, but I wasn't aware of this until recently. Frankmusik, the guy who did the track American Dream with Sky Ferreira, confirmed on Twitter that the song had nothing to do/wasn't submitted to Britney.

Wanted to post this since I know some of you guys collect songs submitted for Britney, like me. Personally, I love that song and that left us only with Elevator (Circus) and Hallucination (Femme Fatale, hasn't leaked fully since the "full" one is a mix with Nicole Morier's final mix) as the only submissions for Britney... as of now and that's only if those aren't fake too (?)

Here's an RT of the OG tweet, you can check the full tweet on the link since the OG was probably deleted:

h7iRGUh.png

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Are you guys catching up with all the stuff I've rambled about on this site for years? :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

Now that you mention it there's a lot of wrong stuff on the site's demos section

For example, the song Devil in Disguise by Kandi was never meant for Britney either

I could go on but I don't want to sound mean :orangu_orangutan_ape:

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, PlayboiMommy said:

Are you guys catching up with all the stuff I've rambled about on this site for years? :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

Now that you mention it there's a lot of wrong stuff on the site's demos section

For example, the song Devil in Disguise by Kandi was never meant for Britney either

I could go on but I don't want to sound mean :orangu_orangutan_ape:

If you have any info we need to correct, feel free to talk to us privately through here or IG! About Devil In Disguise, maybe she's just forgetful... I mean, that song turned into American Girl and she doesn't even know the song's name, according to that tweet.

https://www.ascap.com/repertory#/ace/search/title/devil in disguise/writer/kandi?at=false&searchFilter=SVW&page=1

https://repertoire.bmi.com/Search/Search?SearchForm.View_Count=&SearchForm.Main_Search=Title&SearchForm.Main_Search_Text=devil+in+disguise&SearchForm.Sub_Search=Writer%2FComposer&SearchForm.Sub_Search_Text=kandi&SearchForm.Search_Type=all

Now, this is confusing... Because, as far as I remember, Britney was credited in DID. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

• Like 1

“Hallucination” was NEVER for Britney. Nicole was working with Sky on her debut & that was one of the tracks. An old user named John made the edit with Nicole using the clip Sky posted on Soundcloud & Nicole’s officially released version. People see someone who has worked with Brit & automatically assume their entire writing career is dedicated to her.:boredashell_pink_britney_hmm_blink_well_umm:

• Haha 1
On 5/11/2021 at 3:50 PM, RedBloodedWoman said:

“Hallucination” was NEVER for Britney. Nicole was working with Sky on her debut & that was one of the tracks. An old user named John made the edit with Nicole using the clip Sky posted on Soundcloud & Nicole’s officially released version. People see someone who has worked with Brit & automatically assume their entire writing career is dedicated to her.:boredashell_pink_britney_hmm_blink_well_umm:

We are not talking about that mix, I know that one's fanmade, but the Soundcloud clip that Sky posted. It's probably true, so I'll delete that.

EDIT: IDK why you're laughing, but ok... 

• Haha 1