Jump to content

Here's why NBC will no longer air the 2021 Golden Globes


Recommended Posts

White people can recognize other races achievements as much as other races can recognize white peoples and/or other races achievements.

A panel formed ONLY by white people, DO NOT REPRESENT all races, therefore, a global opinion will not be as representative as possible.

Link to comment

Real inclusivity would be casting people of color in lead roles of a mixed cast.

Too many movies are coming out with these full a/b/c casts and I'm sorry but that isn't inclusivity. That's more like oh look our studio made this movie now get off our backs.

Also nothing is more embarrassing then taking a pre-established character, then race swapping it for these fake "diversity" purposes. 

God forbid new characters with compelling stories are created...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Britney'sBish said:

Real inclusivity would be casting people of color in lead roles of a mixed cast.

Too many movies are coming out with these full a/b/c casts and I'm sorry but that isn't inclusivity. That's more like oh look our studio made this movie now get off our backs.

Also nothing is more embarrassing then taking a pre-established character, then race swapping it for these fake "diversity" purposes. 

God forbid new characters with compelling stories are created...

I think people also need to look at how nepotism is so common in Hollywood and these circles. It's not just random "white people" that get these positions, a lot of them are in families who have Hollywood or industry legacies for generations. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
8 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

I think people also need to look at how nepotism is so common in Hollywood and these circles. It's not just random "white people" that get these positions, a lot of them are in families who have Hollywood or industry legacies for generations. 

Kinda like how Ethan Hawke and Uma Thurman's daughter has been popping up all over the place too.

Knowing Quentin Tarantino couldn't have anything to do with her getting a role in Once Upon A Time In Hollywood...

 

Don't get me wrong, I like Maya, but would she have landed any of her roles without her parents being famous? I think not.

Same applies to any role Jaden Smith landed, he definitely wasn't booked for any talent reasons...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
8 minutes ago, Britney'sBish said:

Kinda like how Ethan Hawke and Uma Thurman's daughter has been popping up all over the place too.

Knowing Quentin Tarantino couldn't have anything to do with her getting a role in Once Upon A Time In Hollywood...

 

Don't get me wrong, I like Maya, but would she have landed any of her roles without her parents being famous? I think not.

Same applies to any role Jaden Smith landed, he definitely wasn't booked for any talent reasons...

Look at the most popular character in Marvel now... It's played by Mary Kate and Ashley's little sister. 

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

Look at the most popular character in Marvel now... It's played by Mary Kate and Ashley's little sister. 

I feel like she's an exception to the rule though.

I've looked into her and watched quite a few interviews. She's truly put in the work and spent 2009 to 2013 in various acting schools.

It's not like her sisters maintained those Hollywood connections either because they're so far removed from it now.

Plus she was only doing indie things before she got snatched up for that major Marvel role. Other than Marvel, and then that one Godzilla movie, she's remained pretty indie as an actor.

Link to comment
10 minutes ago, Britney'sBish said:

I feel like she's an exception to the rule though.

I've looked into her and watched quite a few interviews. She's truly put in the work and spent 2009 to 2013 in various acting schools.

It's not like her sisters maintained those Hollywood connections either because they're so far removed from it now.

Plus she was only doing indie things before she got snatched up for that major Marvel role. Other than Marvel, and then that one Godzilla movie, she's remained pretty indie as an actor.

She even looks like them tho lol

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block