Why do people try to discredit Britney so bad? They don't respect her enough

Twitter & other social media are horrible places on Earth.

Uneducated people speak their minds thinking they are 100% right... and other uneducated people believe their bullsh t.

Britney is a second female artist, after Madonna, with the biggest impact on pop culture. And that's a fact, not an opinion. Without Britney music industry wouldn't be the same now. Without her there wouldn't be Taylor, Gaga, Ariana, Dua, Miley, Selena, Demi, Billie etc now. 90s were the time of boys bands and mature vocalists like Mariah. Young teen pop stars didn't sell. But then... Britney changed the game FOREVER. She started the process that we can still see today. After her huge success with Baby One More Time every label wanted their own Britney and this is why they were looking for young pop girls. Cause Britney showed 'em they can be extremely successful again. There wouldn't be place for current pop girls if not Britney' success. People wouldn't care about them. Cause labels wouldn't look for pop girls without Britney' success. 

And some ugly people on the Internet think that some Beyonce, Rihanna, Gaga, Taylor, Nicki, Cardi, Billie are better & have more impact on pop culture. Lmaoooooo :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao::hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao::hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: 

This is ABSURD. Britney had HUGE impact on pop culture. And so many of you don't even F CKING respect her. Disgusting. She's the queen, princess and goddess at the same time. She created your f cking favorite pop girl that you think is ''better than her and has more impact on pop culture than her''. Other fandoms are seriously so disgusting. They so easily hate on Britney. They are clearly jealous of her HUGE success and HUGE impact on the world. They want to discredit her so bad and give it to some irrelevant pop stars. Everyone tries to be Britney Spears now. Everyone fails. 

Fotoram-io-5.png

Name a one b tch in this game that has more iconic moments than Britney. You can't. Not even Madonna has that many iconic moments. Deal with it. And respect your queen Britney :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

• Love 6

Before Britney, there were R&B teenagers like Aaliyah, Brandy and Monica. There was the Backstreet Boys and *NSYNC, and the Spice Girls, also very young and clearly paved the way for the Pop wave that Britney created. There was also Robyn, which Jive tried to create an American version of with Britney but they accidentally created something else way bigger.

I believe Britney wouldn’t have existed either without the people I mentioned earlier, plus her idols like Madonna, Michael and Janet, so you are probably giving her way too many flowers.

But I agree, she was the first of her kind and changed the music industry. Every single country in the planet tried to create their own Britney (check out Natalia, Spanish Britney with bops!!!), and of course the US created a handful of Britney clones as well.

I also agree that Brit is extremely disrespected by so many people. The younger generations of pop fans keep downplaying her and rejoicing about their favourite pop girls “outdoing” Britney. Little do they know that will never happen, because the music industry is dead and doesn’t create stars of her level anymore. They create celebrities, everyone can be a celebrity these days. :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

• Love 1
  • Like 4

Because she doesn’t sing live.  Most of my friends don’t think she can sing🤷🏻‍♂️ I can only play them so many videos to try and change their minds 🤣 

if Britney wants more respect she is gonna have to start singing live more. It doesn’t bother me that she lip syncs but I do really enjoy her live voice. 

• Love 2
  • Like 6
2 hours ago, boyinthemirror said:

Before Britney, there were R&B teenagers like Aaliyah, Brandy and Monica. There was the Backstreet Boys and *NSYNC, and the Spice Girls, also very young and clearly paved the way for the Pop wave that Britney created. There was also Robyn, which Jive tried to create an American version of with Britney but they accidentally created something else way bigger.

I believe Britney wouldn’t have existed either without the people I mentioned earlier, plus her idols like Madonna, Michael and Janet, so you are probably giving her way too many flowers.

I agree with you about Aaliyah, Brandy, Monica, the Spice Girls paving the way for her teen pop, but when you talk about paving the way, you also have to name all the people who paved the way for Beyonce's career.

While we don't know what would have became of Aaliyah's career due to her untimely passing, the fact is Britney is objectively a better songwriter than Brandy, Monica and Beyonce Knowles. 

So it's understandable that Britney is more proud of work such as In The Zone and Blackout than her teen pop.

I think people see Britney as quite cheesy because of her earlier hits. She’s pure pop and sometimes she can be seen as a sort of cheesy pop novelty artist. 

Not to be biased but there’s more to Britney than her more commercial hits. Songs like Everytime, Breathe On Me, Gimme More are all evidence that her music is far deeper than that. Had she been given more of a chance I think she would have been more creatively involved with her music (ie writing & production). 

Her lip syncing at times doesn’t help and of course the struggles she’s been through. I find them relatable but many people in the GP see her as a train wreck. The whole sensitivity around Britney is definitely a new thing as prior to the freebritney movement people weren’t so understanding 

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

I agree with you about Aaliyah, Brandy, Monica, the Spice Girls paving the way for her teen pop, but when you talk about paving the way, you also have to name all the people who paved the way for Beyonce's career.

While we don't know what would have became of Aaliyah's career due to her untimely passing, the fact is Britney is objectively a better songwriter than Brandy, Monica and Beyonce Knowles. 

So it's understandable that Britney is more proud of work such as In The Zone and Blackout than her teen pop.

Both Britney and Bey benefited A LOT from 90’s R&B to create the big mainstream pop we love. We should talk more about how R&B acts from the 90s paved the way for 00’s Pop in general. Even in the beginning, all the pop acts I mentioned had songs with R&B undertones in their albums so that proves my point.

Songwriting is a whole different topic. I think Britney’s is very intuitive, I don’t think she gets inspiration from anyone  :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous: I wish we had seen more of it...

(Aaliyah said playing piano and writing songs was one of her favourite hobbies when she was 14. It makes me sad knowing she didn’t put out officially any of her own...)

• Like 1

Social media doesn't respect her, in my opinion, not because of the merits or demerits of her music, but because her image and reputation never recovered from 2006-07. 

From 99-07 she was unequivocally the most important, powerful and relevant pop star in the world, male or female. Then for all the reasons brought up in FBS she became known by the GP as a train wreck, and finally as a reclusive charity case post-conservatorship. That's still where we are today. 

The prime of her career and all the influence she carried during that time is long enough ago now that most people forget it or were not even around to appreciate it. It sucks.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, boyinthemirror said:

Both Britney and Bey benefited A LOT from 90’s R&B to create the big mainstream pop we love. We should talk more about how R&B acts from the 90s paved the way for 00’s Pop in general. Even in the beginning, all the pop acts I mentioned had songs with R&B undertones in their albums so that proves my point.

Truth be told almost everyone is influenced by someone before.

Songwriting is a whole different topic. I think Britney’s is very intuitive, I don’t think she gets inspiration from anyone  :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous: I wish we had seen more of it...

I agree. And at the end of the day, Britney has written a hit single while Beyonce has not, just based on the evidence.

playing piano and writing songs was one of her favourite hobbies when she was 14. It makes me sad knowing she didn’t put out officially any of her own...)

If that's the case, then they're both better than Beyonce at it.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, zxcvb said:

Truth be told almost everyone is influenced by someone before.

Honestly, true. But in Britney’s case it’s impossible not to make the relation with R&B. The single that skyrocketed her career was a TLC reject and her big reinventions relied on The Neptunes and Danja.

I hope we get to live one more iconic collaboration that takes her to a new level with a new sound, she’s a more creative person than people give her credit for.:pumped_britney_excited_yay_pumped:

• Love 1