This Day in Pop: Britney Spears releases 'Everytime' single in 2004 (May 10)

Man, looking at those accomplishments, I’m really sad she got overworked on tour to the point of dropping it all. I always wonder what else she could’ve accomplished had she gotten a fully green light from her label and didn’t feel such immense pressure constantly

• Like 8
43 minutes ago, Goten21 said:

Man, looking at those accomplishments, I’m really sad she got overworked on tour to the point of dropping it all. I always wonder what else she could’ve accomplished had she gotten a fully green light from her label and didn’t feel such immense pressure constantly

Me too I hate how ITZ ended. I think Britney was broken by 2004 and needed a long break and some therapy. She had been through a very intense 7 years by that point. 

I think we were only just starting to see her proper artistic side come out. I miss when she was heavily involved in her music.

• Love 4
  • Super Mods

Her best ballad since Where Are You Now and the best single off of In The Zone!

This song is so touching and heatrbreaking.

To be honest, I didnt like this song when I was younger; 

I thought it was cheesy and boring but once I went through a breakup,

obviously that changed.

And even though this song is about cheating, It still speaks to me 

especially when she says "you're haunting me, I guess I need you baby".

And wow idk that the song was made in 2002!

I guess that why she sounds so sad in it cause it was still fresh.

Overall this is one of her BEST songs in her entire career!

Love it!

• Love 2
13 hours ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

It’s amazing how successful this song was given that at this point, Britney really wasn’t associated with ballads.

She wasn't associated with ballads? Sometimes, Born to make you happy, From the Bottom of My Broken Heart, Lucky, Dont Let Me Be The Last to Know & Im not a girl not yet a woman.

Yeah, she wasn't associated with ballads..

21 minutes ago, THE_MIKY said:

She wasn't associated with ballads? Sometimes, Born to make you happy, From the Bottom of My Broken Heart, Lucky, Dont Let Me Be The Last to Know & Im not a girl not yet a woman.

I think what was meant was that up until Everytime, Brit didn't have a hugely successful ballad at least not in the US. Sometimes, BTMYH, and Lucky are not ballads imo. The others weren't successful to any point near Everytime, except FTBOMBH sold a million copies, but had low airplay like NAG and DLMBTLTK which didn't even chart.

• Love 1
  • Like 7
9 hours ago, ThisMeowBiteback said:

She was really coming into her artistic self on this album :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming: who knows what would have happen musically after In The Zone. I’m thankful for Blackout, but the possibility were endless of her development. Damn you Kevin 

9 hours ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

Me too I hate how ITZ ended. I think Britney was broken by 2004 and needed a long break and some therapy. She had been through a very intense 7 years by that point. 

I think we were only just starting to see her proper artistic side come out. I miss when she was heavily involved in her music.

As great as her label was for promotion for her, the fact is that they are also responsible for what happened as much as Kevin Federline.  (We already know the media has always been garbage.)

People forget she already had a knee injury in March 2004 even before Outrageous.  The burnout/decline was inevitable, and is also arguably reflected in the Everytime video.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, THE_MIKY said:

When I said ‘at this time’ I meant that in the In The Zone era, Britney’s image was more about s**, confidence and risk. Releasing a ballad as a single wasn’t exactly ‘the new Britney’ to me but when she did, it was beautiful. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Frankie8 said:

I think what was meant was that up until Everytime, Brit didn't have a hugely successful ballad at least not in the US. Sometimes, BTMYH, and Lucky are not ballads imo. The others weren't successful to any point near Everytime, except FTBOMBH sold a million copies, but had low airplay like NAG and DLMBTLTK which didn't even chart.

NAGNYAW didnt chart because of her radio ban. It had a lot of televised performances during her prime so I doubt it wasn’t at least somewjat known

• Like 1