90's Pop Tour announces comeback

• Content Curators
2 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

literally, that's the only thing I'm looking forward to

Kabah, I like it too, but without Josa, it's not the same. Hopefully Alessandra sings the high notes :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

In terms of popularity and success, who was bigger OV7 or Kabah?

I wanna be there when you touch fire

7 minutes ago, Midnight said:

this is such a difficult question... but I guess OV7 was more family friendly, Kabah was more about a rebel attitude...

BTW I can't believe I didn't see the 90s Pop Tour when they came to my city :ipass_britney_xfactor_no_words:

But I've seen a few of them in concert anyway... OV7 put a motherfuqin show.

• Love 1
Just now, Midnight said:

It's really hard to say. OV7 started before Kabah, when they were kids, but Kabah lasted a bit longer than OV7. But then Kabah took longer to come back than OV7, and I think they still haven't got their stamina back, so performance wise OV7 is now above them (even more considering they don't have María Jose anymore). 

I think in terms of sales, OV7 has the best sellers when it comes to albums, but many people consider Kabah as the edgier ones. They always took more risks when it comes to fashion and also their sound, even their lyrics were more unusual. 

When OV7 were banned from Televisa, they lost a bit of popularity, while Kabah were present in the soundtrack of many Big Brother editions, thus making them a bit more popular in the early 00's, but as I said, OV7 eventually came back, even though Kalimba wasn't there, and they rapidly gained their popularity back while Kabah remained forgotten for many years, and even after their comeback, they haven't really done barely anything on their own besides the joint tours and a couple of singles. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Adriannn said:

lol I meant I would die if they come to my city and I get to watch her perform Mecano songs

:riha_rihanna_cackle_laughing_lol_haha_hehe_lmao_hand:oops 

yeah I like them too, but I don't know how it's gonna sound, when performed by people such as JNS and Magneto :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

without OV7, Caló, Fey, Litzy, Mercurio they're removing all of the most danceable songs. And with Benny and Erik, they'll most likely bring some Timbiriche songs into the mix, so with that and Mecano it's gonna feel more like the 80's Pop Tour 

the tour, at least in its original run, used to last between 3 and 4 hrs, but when it's just ballads and mid-tempo's, it may feel a bit more tiring 

Chummel Torres announcing this :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous::grimace_judging_judge_squint_ew_gross_red_white_annoyed:

No OV7 in the line up for now  :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:
Lynda not shoing up to the press conference :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:
Erik Rubin wearing orange and breaking the black dressing code :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous::haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

The line up is good, but OV7 will be missed for sure, I hope they join the tour later so I can finally go to see this show. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

without OV7, Caló, Fey, Litzy, Mercurio they're removing all of the most danceable songs. And with Benny and Erik, they'll most likely bring some Timbiriche songs into the mix, so with that and Mecano it's gonna feel more like the 80's Pop Tour 

This was exactly what I was thinking!.. But I guess Ari already used all the relevant pop acts from the 90s. 
BTW, cant wait for Mariana reaction to the announcement  :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white::angietea_angelina_jolie_tea_sips_coffee_mug_cup_drink_spilling_spill:

• Haha 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Content Curators
9 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

1 minute ago, PokemonSpears said:

also, off topic, @Midnight have you seen this? the good stuff starts around the minute 13, and at the very end they show clips of Fey at the studio while recording Tierna la Noche

Ohh juicy stuff thx for sharing I'll be checking them out, also no I have not seen this :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous: excited to watch.

• Content Curators
14 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

If anything her and JS will be tje only reasons to watch, I hope she sings her hits from Mi Dia De la Independencia.

Also, how tragic that Fey isn't on the tour, her and Lynda together :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:singing each others songs, I'll never get over this :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad: 

How is she looking younger? These celebs need to start writting some books :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

• Content Curators
15 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

also, off topic, @Midnight have you seen this? the good stuff starts around the minute 13, and at the very end they show clips of Fey at the studio while recording Tierna la Noche

This was so much fun to watch, her singing live :groovin_dance_clap_alien_monster_party_costume_Halloween_spooky_scary: also the 90s commercials were such a treat, some of them were hilarious :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: and I had never seen the Fanta one :yesplease_yas_agree_preach: (now I want a Fanta :groovin_dance_clap_alien_monster_party_costume_Halloween_spooky_scary:)  I didn't know she recorded the album in Italy, I just assumed everything was always done between Mexico and US. 

Also, Veronica's intro back into her show deserves it's own appreciation :groovin_dance_clap_alien_monster_party_costume_Halloween_spooky_scary: yass slay us queen :groovin_dance_clap_alien_monster_party_costume_Halloween_spooky_scary: and the girls at the end give me Britney Piece Of Me Vegas vibes :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky: Thx for sharing.

2 hours ago, Midnight said:

If anything her and JS will be tje only reasons to watch, I hope she sings her hits from Mi Dia De la Independencia.

Also, how tragic that Fey isn't on the tour, her and Lynda together :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:singing each others songs, I'll never get over this :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad: 

How is she looking younger? These celebs need to start writting some books :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

she's looking really good, though I liked her with longer hair, but she cut it again :( 

I really hope they visit my city next year, I need to see her in concert, even if Fey is not there :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad: besides, Lynda is from Tijuana, so she needs to come back to her birthplace. 

I really, really hope OV7 joins after they're done with their tour (which I hope is finally announced again to begin with), and that Fey joins them as well, WITHOUT Lynda leaving. 

1 hour ago, Midnight said:

This was so much fun to watch, her singing live :groovin_dance_clap_alien_monster_party_costume_Halloween_spooky_scary: also the 90s commercials were such a treat, some of them were hilarious :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: and I had never seen the Fanta one :yesplease_yas_agree_preach: (now I want a Fanta :groovin_dance_clap_alien_monster_party_costume_Halloween_spooky_scary:)  I didn't know she recorded the album in Italy, I just assumed everything was always done between Mexico and US. 

Also, Veronica's intro back into her show deserves it's own appreciation :groovin_dance_clap_alien_monster_party_costume_Halloween_spooky_scary: yass slay us queen :groovin_dance_clap_alien_monster_party_costume_Halloween_spooky_scary: and the girls at the end give me Britney Piece Of Me Vegas vibes :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky: Thx for sharing.

yeah the Fanta commercial was very popular :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: she used to do lots of ads, she was everywhere

I can't find a better quality, but she did an ad for some brand of jeans, and there must be a longer version of it, because she said in some interview she considered it a music video of sorts for Muévelo, which didn't get an official video

and of course the infamous Coppel Canada ad she did in the mid 00's :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

And yeah, almost all of the artists from that era, OV7, Fey, Jeans, Mercurio, etc, they all used to record their albums in Italy. I don't know why there and not Spain or something like that, but almost all of them have done that, especially the ones that recorded songs from José Ramón Florez, which is the guy that appears in those clips, and who also wanted to sue Ari Borovoy in recent years because of the 90's Pop Tour, because he said he didn't receive any royalties for all the concerts they did singing all of his songs :embarrassney_embarrassed_shame_guilt_hide_britney_karaoke_head_shake_no_smh: but it was a huge mess, because it turned out he didn't receive  the royalty checks, because there are other songwriters claiming to be the real composers of his songs lol but yeah, he turned into a very bitter old man. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block