Battle of The Pop Stars Round 4: Rihanna vs. Ariana Grande

Who do you like best?   

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 5/9/2021 at 2:14 AM, Stefani said:

It's a losing battle, but IΒ went with Ariana given that she's vocally talented. I'm shocked that so many of y'all are voting for RihannaΒ despite herΒ being handed her career on a silver platter while doing the bare minimum. Are y'all really that thankful for her gifting Brit her fifth #1?Β :spit_lmao_spitting_spraying_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_jlaw_jennifer_lawrence:

...No? Rihanna actually was on the brink of losing her career because she was on the verge of going bankrupt. It was with her vision, that the Good Girl Gone Bad era even happened which is known as one of the biggest eras of this millennium.

2 minutes ago, CindyTheTVisLeaking said:

Teairra MarΓ­ ThomasΒ Β is an American singer-songwriter, dancer, and actress.:gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud:

At the age of 16, Jay ZΒ signed her to DefJamΒ and she released her first album,Β Roc-A-Fella Records Presents Teairra MarΓ­.:scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on:

After disappointing sales,:wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad: she was let go :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:from her recording contract in the middle of production for her second albumΒ Second Round. :tiffanycries_ny_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_crying_tears_sobbing_sad:

Why would you blame Queen Rihanna:rihclap_rihanna_clapping_applause_yes_yas: on something she had no connection to?Β :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

Β 

BeyoncΓ© literally greenlit Rihanna over Teairra πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ If you read my post you will see that I do blame BeyoncΓ© and that I’m mostly being petty.Β 
Β 

An excerpt from Vibe-

β€œThe funny thing about Rihanna’s success was that we signed two girls at that time β€” Rihanna and a lovely young lady named Teairra Mari. We had an in-house company showcase and BeyoncΓ© happened to be there with Jay Z. Teairra Mari, Rihanna, a four-girl group called Black Butterfly and Ne-Yo performed,” Reid said. Β β€œAt the label, we thought Teairra Mari would be the big star. We spent more time on her, did more work on her, paid more attention to her. Rihanna already had a hit with β€œPon De Replay,” but we still thought it was the other girl. A bell went off for me, however, when, after the showcase, BeyoncΓ© came up to me.

β€œThat Rihanna girl,” she said, β€œShe’s a beast.”

Β 

Β 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Malibu.D.Luxx said:

Β 

BeyoncΓ© literally greenlit Rihanna over Teairra πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ If you read my post you will see that I do blame BeyoncΓ© and that I’m mostly being petty.Β 
Β 

An excerpt from Vibe-

β€œThe funny thing about Rihanna’s success was that we signed two girls at that time β€” Rihanna and a lovely young lady named Teairra Mari. We had an in-house company showcase and BeyoncΓ© happened to be there with Jay Z. Teairra Mari, Rihanna, a four-girl group called Black Butterfly and Ne-Yo performed,” Reid said. Β β€œAt the label, we thought Teairra Mari would be the big star. We spent more time on her, did more work on her, paid more attention to her. Rihanna already had a hit with β€œPon De Replay,” but we still thought it was the other girl. A bell went off for me, however, when, after the showcase, BeyoncΓ© came up to me.

β€œThat Rihanna girl,” she said, β€œShe’s a beast.”

Β 

Β 

Beyonce gave birth to Rihanna's careerΒ :gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud:

Jay Z Applause GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYsΒ 

and this forum hates on her so muchΒ :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

• Haha 1
Just now, CindyTheTVisLeaking said:

Beyonce gave birth to Rihanna's careerΒ :gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud:

Jay Z Applause GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYsΒ 

and this forum hates on her so muchΒ :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

I do see the BeyoncΓ© hate from time to time...Β πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ
Β 

As for Teairra Mari- she was under 18 with a parental advisory sticker on her first album... the label didn’t know how to promote her or what songs to push. They basically screwed her over from the jump. But I discovered her after a feature in Rolling Stone, if you are unfamiliar with her work, (NOT LHHH) but her music, she actually has some really good stuff. Just because something doesn’t do well commercially doesn’t mean it wasn’t good.Β 
Β 

Β 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block