Gimme More is currently Britney's most popular song on Spotify

On 5/7/2021 at 8:12 PM, sunny_liston said:

I watched a clip of Max Martin specifically say that if you cannot recognize and emotionally react to a pop song by its first 3 seconds then it is almost surely a failure. Gimme More passes that test comfortably.

That's interesting since bomt also has a very distinct first 3 seconds 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
On 5/8/2021 at 5:12 AM, sunny_liston said:

I watched a clip of Max Martin specifically say that if you cannot recognize and emotionally react to a pop song by its first 3 seconds then it is almost surely a failure. Gimme More passes that test comfortably.

This is so true. Womanizer does the same thing. Both of these songs are recognizable the second they start playing :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Love 4
  • Super Mods
3 hours ago, Britney'sBish said:

It's my favorite Britney song.

I was never more excited to hear a song in my life.

I vividly remember freaking out in the car my first time hearing it.

me too :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad: no in the car though,  I was like 14 when it was released :orangu_orangutan_ape: But I know I played it literally all day and my mum heard it as well and asked why I like the song so much and then I explained that it's Britney's response to the society and her rebellion :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad: it basically looked like this:

womanyellingcat-1573233850.jpg?resize=48

My mum being the cat lollll

• Love 3
  • Haha 5
On 5/8/2021 at 2:40 AM, godneyjspears said:

Screenshot_20210508-003835_Spotify.jpg

It's what she deserves :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

Related:

gimme-spotify.jpg.7f7f7698fe0a45a340622c444143ac47.jpg

I noticed that Britney and Nelly owns tik tok. Toxic, oops, baby, gimme more

Maneater, promiscues and say it right are all viral and they are my favourite songs since the release date.

8 hours ago, jordeezy said:

How long until streaming numbers are as irrelevant as TRL chart positions? Lol y'all better keep the screencaps! 

Well on a day to day basis they're not, but in the big picture they are very relevant. I discovered Britney because of the TRL charts and here I am 21 years later posting on exhale. Streaming is how future generations of fans will first find out about her best works.

• Love 1
  • Like 1