Jump to content

Films and Movies You Could Not Bring Yourself to Watch Again


Recommended Posts

My brother invited me to watch Mad Max at the movies not knowing anything about it at all. I swear what felt like a hour or two had passed by and I kid you not I turn to my brother and ask, “are they ever going to get off of the road?” and he just grimaces at me. I look at the time on my phone and realize only 35 minutes had passed :billiebarf_ew_gross_disgusting_throw_up_vomit_green_eilish: It actually wasn’t a bad movie and I would have enjoyed it more had I known the entire movie was practically them driving for 20 hours. But you couldn’t get me to watch that sh it ever again. Residual PTSD from that **** desert and the longest highway driving movie of my life. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Omg Hereditary truly shook and disturbed me. I’m not sure if I’d want to watch it again either but it’s a very well made movie and the acting is amazing. I’m gonna say the Netflix film Swiped but

4 pages in and no one has said human centipede?!  it's been years since I've seen it and it still pops up randomly in my head. There was  life before I saw it and after. Its so uniquely traumatizing.

Requiem for a dream.    i watched it and I didn’t do drugs for like two years (lol)  The movie is so powerful but it affected me so much I couldn’t bear to watch it again. I believe aro

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

My brother invited me to watch Mad Max at the movies not knowing anything about it at all. I swear what felt like a hour or two had passed by and I kid you not I turn to my brother and ask, “are they ever going to get off of the road?” and he just grimaces at me. I look at the time on my phone and realize only 35 minutes had passed :billiebarf_ew_gross_disgusting_throw_up_vomit_green_eilish: It actually wasn’t a bad movie and I would have enjoyed it more had I known the entire movie was practically them driving for 20 hours. But you couldn’t get me to watch that sh it ever again. Residual PTSD from that **** desert and the longest highway driving movie of my life. 

That's why the title is Fury Road. :howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands:

It actually wasn't that bad if you get passed the first 1 hour of the movie. I think the pinnacle was in the mid to end as the action scenes got better, so I was kind of hoping for a sequel. But yeah, apocalyptic movies like that — and Waterworld — are really weird. :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
6 hours ago, SkyNet said:

Lion king :ehidk_britney_um_eek:

I was absolutely destroyed when I was child by a scene where Mustafa died. I still remember how I was crying.

Now at almost 30, I still haven't re-watch it or saw new movie. And not planning to.:shhh_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_quiet_2008_circus:

Awe, I feel you. That death scene has really traumatized you. I kinda have the same experience when I watched Small Soldiers as a kid. Ever since I always find the soldier toys with similar look so creepy.

Link to post
17 minutes ago, ALBAVEASP said:

That's why the title is Fury Road. :howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands:

It actually wasn't that bad if you get passed the first 1 hour of the movie. I think the pinnacle was in the mid to end as the action scenes got better, so I was kind of hoping for a sequel. But yeah, apocalyptic movies like that — and Waterworld — are really weird. :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

 Man, I loved Waterworld! At least that was mesmerizing to look at it. Mad Max was like 3 hours of looking at Mars and maybe some crops at the end.

Link to post
2 hours ago, MX3 said:

Requiem for a dream. 
 

i watched it and I didn’t do drugs for like two years (lol) 


The movie is so powerful but it affected me so much I couldn’t bear to watch it again. I believe aronofsky was the director who also did black swan? If I’m not mistaken.
 

Anyways it shows like 4 main characters descent into drug addiction until they’ve all hit rock bottom in various ways and it’s very disturbing and chilling. Amazing movie but not one I can ever rewatch. 

Requiem for a dream came to my mind as well. It's been like ten years since I watched it and still, I don't think I can re-watch it . Amazing movie though

Link to post

I actually like the first of the new Jumanji films (haven't watched the second one). I usually don't like reboots but Jumanji felt like a fresh take on the original that was different enough, to not be an exact copy, like Avatar the last airbender for example. That movie was SO bad.

 

Link to post

Herediraty terrified me, i had to stop it!

Besides that, Midnight sun (Bella Thorne movie) i fell asleep, very bad movie. I went to the cinema with 2 friends and we were alone in the room haha.

I also really dislike Into the Wild, it is a movie that everybody looooves but i didnt like it. I disliked the main character, so annoying.

  • Like 1
Link to post
10 hours ago, ALBAVEASP said:

I also forgot the lack of censorships in earlier decades of movies and television, that's why there was no issue including the chicken's decapitation in Willy Wonka movie.

Thats true.

The 70s were one hell of a different time.

None of this would pass in movies nowadays

Link to post
8 hours ago, Isla said:

They filmed some scenes of A Clockwork Orange at my university campus. I haven’t seen the film though.

Oh wow really?

Thats interesting.

Well if u wanna see the movie, hopefully u can handle graphic visuals cause 

boy is that movie graphic!

Link to post
  • Twitter Team
2 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Oh wow really?

Thats interesting.

Well if u wanna see the movie, hopefully u can handle graphic visuals cause 

boy is that movie graphic!

Yeah I'm not a massive fan of crime movies lol. I prefer comedies... so I'm not sure if I'd watch it JUST to see my campus haha

Link to post
28 minutes ago, Isla said:

Yeah I'm not a massive fan of crime movies lol. I prefer comedies... so I'm not sure if I'd watch it JUST to see my campus haha

Lol yeah I dont blame u.

What state is your university just out of curiousity?

Anyways I like happy movies especially romance.

I love chick flicks lol.

Link to post
  • Twitter Team
3 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Lol yeah I dont blame u.

What state is your university just out of curiousity?

Anyways I like happy movies especially romance.

I love chick flicks lol.

Oh I don't live in the US, the university I went to and which is featured in A Clockwork Orange is in West London. And I love romance/chick flicks too! :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

Link to post
1 hour ago, Sea flower said:

 

I also really dislike Into the Wild, it is a movie that everybody looooves but i didnt like it. I disliked the main character, so annoying.


omg me too!!!! I remember a guy I was seeing showed me the movie as one of his faves and I fully was like “ugh this kid is a pretentious spoiled brat” 

So many ppl love it tho! I’m like :britstare11_britney_ftr_for_the_record_annoyed_tired_irritated_sigh:

Link to post
20 minutes ago, Isla said:

Oh I don't live in the US, the university I went to and which is featured in A Clockwork Orange is in West London. And I love romance/chick flicks too! :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

Oh wow idk that, thats cool.

Yeah I bet you can assume how shocked I was to see A Clockwork Orange 

the first time since I was so used to chick flicks lol.

What sucks though is that the main character sings a song from one of my fave musicals

from the 50s: Singing In The Rain while raping a woman.

So now everytime I hear that song, sadly it makes me think of that scene

UGHHHH :4music_britney_2013_uk_annoyed_irritated_mad:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
  • Twitter Team
4 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Oh wow idk that, thats cool.

Yeah I bet you can assume how shocked I was to see A Clockwork Orange 

the first time since I was so used to chick flicks lol.

What sucks though is that the main character sings a song from one of my fave musicals

from the 50s: Singing In The Rain while raping a woman.

So now everytime I hear that song, sadly it makes me think of that scene

UGHHHH :4music_britney_2013_uk_annoyed_irritated_mad:

Well that scene you described is enough for me NOT to watch it :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

Link to post
1 hour ago, princessmimi said:

Thats true.

The 70s were one hell of a different time.

None of this would pass in movies nowadays

I know. I heard Disney are making a live action Pinocchio and I just know they won’t be featuring kids smoking cigars and drinking beer on that ship before they turn into donkeys!!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
16 minutes ago, Isla said:

Well that scene you described is enough for me NOT to watch it :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

Lol yeah.

I definitely wouldnt!

I mean its just twisted and corrupt.

Nowadays that movie wouldnt fly.

Im glad that its in the past but it still annoys me that they ruined that song for me

and also that lots of people like the movie.

Im not some crazy man hating feminist but this movie was just SO wrong on so many levels.

But if you do watch it, at least you know what you're gonna watch

  • Like 1
Link to post
29 minutes ago, Innate said:

I know. I heard Disney are making a live action Pinocchio and I just know they won’t be featuring kids smoking cigars and drinking beer on that ship before they turn into donkeys!!

Wow really?

Idk that.

But then again back in the olden days,

people didnt really think to censor certain things 

for childrens movies.

Idk if u can read my previous post on here but I wrote

about how in the 70s Willy Wonka movie, theres a scene

where a chicken gets its head cut off.

Idk how the heck they got away with that!

 

Wow all of that is featured in Pinocchio?

Jeez that proves how long its been since ive seen it.

I wonder how Pinocchio would look in live action........

Hopefully it aint creepy

Link to post
8 hours ago, MX3 said:

Requiem for a dream. 
 

i watched it and I didn’t do drugs for like two years (lol) 


The movie is so powerful but it affected me so much I couldn’t bear to watch it again. I believe aronofsky was the director who also did black swan? If I’m not mistaken.
 

Anyways it shows like 4 main characters descent into drug addiction until they’ve all hit rock bottom in various ways and it’s very disturbing and chilling. Amazing movie but not one I can ever rewatch. 

Took me years to rewatch! The best anti-drug PSA.

200w.gif?cid=82a1493b97e1950bda21e64f24f

  • Like 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block