Films and Movies You Could Not Bring Yourself to Watch Again

1. Grave Of The Fireflies

- the realism of this movie is unsettling. This movie had left me broke for more than two weeks, so I don't really recommend to watch this especially if you have depression or emotionally not capable to handle the sad scenes.

2. Hereditary

- less jump-scares but the build up is so terrifying and  disturbing. The moment I finished the film, I felt like my reality is in a different dimension.

3. Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle

- the original release in 1995 has became a special part of my childhood, and this adaptation ruins in. This movie (franchise actually) is the sole definition of Hollywood industry milking cash in exchange of substance-less material.

Movies.JPG.c39915b88a9d3e9a8528052c3e37c68c.JPG

Edited by Midnight
  • Love 2
  • Content Curators

Anything with Hilary Duff in it :ehidk_britney_um_eek: aside from that umm A Hauting In Connecticut, the movie was bad but apparently it was based on a true story, I wish I had known that before watching it:ehidk_britney_um_eek:

• Love 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

Omg Hereditary truly shook and disturbed me. I’m not sure if I’d want to watch it again either but it’s a very well made movie and the acting is amazing.

I’m gonna say the Netflix film Swiped but only because of how terrible it is. The acting is stupid and plot is s**ist. 

• Love 3
  • Like 3
10 hours ago, lili_ballet said:

ice age. watched it when i was like 5, for years i would start crying whenever i saw anything related to it lmao

also matilda, bc i have a personal vendetta against that movie

Matilda was one of my childhood movies. What’s your problem with it?

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Midnight said:

Anything with Hilary Duff in it :ehidk_britney_um_eek: aside from that umm A Hauting In Connecticut, the movie was bad but apparently it was based on a true story, I wish I had known that before watching it:ehidk_britney_um_eek:

OH MY GOD I totally forgot about this film! Exactly 10 years ago at school we somehow studied this film in English class and I can’t remember why? Well actually I remember watching a documentary in class but ended up watching that film and thought it was so bad. It wasn't even scary or horrifying.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Isla said:

Matilda was one of my childhood movies. What’s your problem with it?

well see my first name is matilda. 10/10 people make the association with the movie when i introduce myself lmao if i hear "oh so ur matilda like the movie" one more time ill spontaneously combust

• Love 1
1 hour ago, lili_ballet said:

well see my first name is matilda. 10/10 people make the association with the movie when i introduce myself lmao if i hear "oh so ur matilda like the movie" one more time ill spontaneously combust

Oh I see, that’s pretty bad. People should learn to separate fact from fiction :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

• Content Curators
5 hours ago, Isla said:

OH MY GOD I totally forgot about this film! Exactly 10 years ago at school we somehow studied this film in English class and I can’t remember why? Well actually I remember watching a documentary in class but ended up watching that film and thought it was so bad. It wasn't even scary or horrifying.

Yeah the movie is pretty bad, I just got a little freak out when I read it was based on a real story.

If you remember why you guys studied this film let me know, that sounds really interesting actually, I'd love to know what you guys studied.

• Like 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

21 hours ago, Midnight said:

Vaguely remember the movie, but i think it was interesting in suspense perspective. I've seen it for like three times in highschool, and the guy was cute, lmao. The part two was probably the horrible one — like one of the Supernatural episodes, though they claimed it was based on true story as well. Only watched it once.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Midnight said:

Yeah the movie is pretty bad, I just got a little freak out when I read it was based on a real story.

If you remember why you guys studied this film let me know, that sounds really interesting actually, I'd love to know what you guys studied.

Yeah honestly I cannot for the life of me remember why we studied it. We were studying the film/documentary but it was the documentary we watched in class but I ended up finding the film online after curiosity and watching it at home. I remember our teacher who taught us this was a substitute from the US who we had for the remainder of the year because my teacher for the year left just before Easter without telling us. Apparently she hated my class and she had only been there since the beginning of the school year :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Isla said:

Omg Hereditary truly shook and disturbed me. I’m not sure if I’d want to watch it again either but it’s a very well made movie and the acting is amazing.

I’m gonna say the Netflix film Swiped but only because of how terrible it is. The acting is stupid and plot is s**ist. 

Ikr, probably one of the best modern horror flicks of this generation. It was just disturbing how they marketed the film like some sort of a mental disorder that could be inherited.

I felt like I was watching American Psycho for the first 3/5 of the film, but then the parts to the ending really caught me off guard. It was more terrifying that you think, if you will recall the causes of their behaviors in entirety. It was just so twisted. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, ALBAVEASP said:

Ikr, probably one of the best modern horror flicks of this generation. It was just disturbing how they marketed the film like some sort of a mental disorder that could be inherited.

I felt like I was watching American Psycho for the first 3/5 of the film, but then the parts to the ending really caught me off guard. It was more terrifying that you think, if you will recall the causes of their behaviors in entirety. It was just so twisted. 

Yeah I thought the film started off slowly to begin with (I guess cause of it's length) but after about an hour it really gets going. Yeah for some reason the events of the film kinda made me hard to believe the 'supernatural' caused it if that makes sense? It just felt like everything that happened in the film was so.... real and the ending with the cult was the scariest thing.

Edited by Isla
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, Isla said:

Yeah I thought the film started off slowly to begin with (I guess cause of it's length) but after about an hour it really gets going. Yeah for some reason the events of the film kinda made me hard to believe the 'supernatural' caused it if that makes sense? It just felt like everything that happened in the film was so.... real and the ending with the cult was the scariest thing.

Cult is always the scariest thing. Have you watched Apostle and The Ritual? Those movies are good substitutes of big screen junkies.

4 minutes ago, ALBAVEASP said:

Cult is always the scariest thing. Have you watched Apostle and The Ritual? Those movies are good substitutes of big screen junkies.

Nope, I haven't heard of those films. Tbh I'm not a massive horror movie fan in general, but I saw Hereditary was on Netflix in the UK last October when looking for films to watch for Halloween so decided to give it a go.

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
On 5/7/2021 at 12:44 PM, Midnight said:

Lol really? You dont like Hilary?

Why?

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, princessmimi said:

I would say A Clockwork Orange.

I saw it in college when I used to be a film major 

and its sickening and disgusting cause the main

character and his friend go around raping women.

Idk how that was given an ok to release to the public and theaters

I agree. Theaters back then had no strict ratings and restrictions regarding public screening, so it was questionable a major studio promoted it. Btw, I've watched the trailer and it is actually interesting. The cinematography is amazing for a film produced in 1970's.

10 hours ago, Isla said:

Nope, I haven't heard of those films. Tbh I'm not a massive horror movie fan in general, but I saw Hereditary was on Netflix in the UK last October when looking for films to watch for Halloween so decided to give it a go.

I see. Well, I guess you should watched those movies I've mentioned next Halloween, lol. :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black: 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block