Brazilian global superstar, Anitta, releases debut English-language single

3 hours ago, DougFrmBrazil said:

What part of Rio? The favelas? The milícias? Nobody wants to see that

Exactly. The whole world knows about the favelas, giant *****, carnival and naked women. What exactly was shown that was so different? We’ve been showing the same **** for the past 50 years. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SloppyToppyGoddess said:

Those songs are not mostly English. There's English parts but Becky G was mostly English speaking not Anitta, and in Me Gusta the majority of the song was Spanish. 

I guess I should have said this is an ALL English single that is meant to be her debut single from her cross over debut English album. Geeze didn't know the queens were gonna nit pick. :byesmoke_tiffany_miss_ms_ny_new_york_sitting_smoking_cigarette:

Lmaooo shuda cudaaaaa

jk jk lolol 

Idk she’s had many singles already in English somewhat..yes not fully English but ppl kno who she is. I think? I hope lol...Not sure I don’t follow her music. She reminds me of a of Bebe rexha. I wouldn’t mind a new pop girl. But idk if this single is the choice to make for ur grand re-entrance. I liked me gusta!

But I hope though! 💕
All Stars Season 4 Girl GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

• Like 1
9 hours ago, BRITannico said:

She served with this music video, she is showing the world a different part of Rio/Brazil many people do not know about. 

Que partes diferentes são essas? Favelas e rabas de fora? As coisas mais estereotipadas possíveis que os gringos gostam de explorar 

10 hours ago, BRITannico said:

She served with this music video, she is showing the world a different part of Rio/Brazil many people do not know about. 

Nobody wants to know favelas, poverty, black people being killed, corruption, Rio is also the electoral base of Bolsonaro and his sons. Rio gave birth to this sheet.

4 hours ago, Victor Cardoso said:

Que partes diferentes são essas? Favelas e rabas de fora? As coisas mais estereotipadas possíveis que os gringos gostam de explorar 

I love how some Brazilians are, when international artists do the same, with their aszess off, and etc, it is all cool, iconic, ahead of their time, but when a Brazilian artist do the same, they are judge.

Just to be clear, I am not coming for international artists. 

2 hours ago, BRITannico said:

I love how some Brazilians are, when international artists do the same, with their aszess off, and etc, it is all cool, iconic, ahead of their time, but when a Brazilian artist do the same, they are judge.

Just to be clear, I am not coming for international artists. 

What Anitta is bringing to international markets are not new, that’s why some Brazilians are criticizing her. There’s enough inequality in Rio, swallowed by corruption, poverty, militias, all former governors arrested, what more she wants to show from Rio? Samba and their beaches are already known for decades.

• 2 weeks later...

shes more of a celebrity here in Brazil...desperate for attention and very vulgar too

a big portion of our ppl dont like her as when she first came out

shes always on gossip tv shows and sites but her music is barely mentioned and its more about "who shes sleeping with this week" and the list generally is loooong

there are also multiple rumors she got her collabs with international artist in exchange for s,e,x

On 5/9/2021 at 5:41 PM, DougFrmBrazil said:

What Anitta is bringing to international markets are not new, that’s why some Brazilians are criticizing her. There’s enough inequality in Rio, swallowed by corruption, poverty, militias, all former governors arrested, what more she wants to show from Rio? Samba and their beaches are already known for decades.

not to mention she is pro Bolsonaro (aka worst president brazil has ever had) and that yall know hates all minorities and supports views and behaviors dated from 1940 hahah

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block