Brazilian global superstar, Anitta, releases debut English-language single

ANITTA

Brazilian global pop superstar Anitta unveils her signature single and video, “Girl From Rio.’  The video is a celebratory homage to the resilient and vibrant culture of her hometown of Rio de Janeiro.  The clip made its global broadcast premiere on US MTV Live, MTVU, and across MTV’s global network of channels, as well as on the ViacomCBS Times Square billboard.

Listen to “Girl from Rio” above.

Updating the melody of “The Girl From Ipanema” with a 21st century twist, Anitta serves up a sassy and **** ode to the ladies of her hometown. Her cheeky and clever verses give way to the immediately chantable hook, “Hot girls where I’m from. We don’t look like models. Tanned lines, big curves, and the energy glows, you’ll be falling in love with the real Rio.” 

The blockbuster visual seamlessly brings the song to life. Nodding to classic mid-century musicals, Anitta dons a forties-era bathing suit like a vixen from the rudder of a WWII plane and launches into a stunning routine surrounded by sailors enamored with her. Fast-forward to modern day, she gives audiences a look at the ultimate beach day in Rio—and it’s every bit as hot as you’d hope it would be! 

ANITTA

Anitta has been promoting the new single in America all week. Here are some performances: 

anitta-debut.jpg.ec6b2df3a9865aac0aa28b2b58fa9885.jpg

• Love 2
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, britney_rocks said:

Sad that this is what my country has to offer. 

Global superstar is a bit of a strech.

And girl, please don't destroy a classic like a "Girl From Ipanema"

tumblr_m6za9rH6CT1r9n5edo1_500.gif

I'm from Africa and I love Anitta, you should be lucky your country has her to offer the world. Be proud of your local girls making it big on a global platform, they have to work twice as hard as pop girls in North America and even some European countries. There's so few of them that make it on a large platform. If you cant support her at least don't hate on her. 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Soysaucechicken08 said:

Sorry but if this her debut English single comparing it to her other past singles this seems kinda weak to me.

sounds like an ari reject with a few lines changed to suit her.

🤷🏻‍♀️

but I thought she released me gusta w cardi b which was mostly in English no?

She has other songs in English as well, like banana feat Becky G, Get to know me, etc.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Soysaucechicken08 said:

Sorry but if this her debut English single comparing it to her other past singles this seems kinda weak to me.

sounds like an ari reject with a few lines changed to suit her.

🤷🏻‍♀️

but I thought she released me gusta w cardi b which was mostly in English no?

2 hours ago, BRITannico said:

She has other songs in English as well, like banana feat Becky G, Get to know me, etc.

Those songs are not mostly English. There's English parts but Becky G was mostly English speaking not Anitta, and in Me Gusta the majority of the song was Spanish. 

I guess I should have said this is an ALL English single that is meant to be her debut single from her cross over debut English album. Geeze didn't know the queens were gonna nit pick. :byesmoke_tiffany_miss_ms_ny_new_york_sitting_smoking_cigarette:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block