Justin Bieber gets backlash for wearing a durag

On 5/8/2021 at 11:36 PM, mythology said:

Lmfao, nobody's crying here sweetheart, I thought we already established the fact that everyone's laughing at him, myself included, which is appropriate considering he looks like a **** clown.

I guess the next step for Bieber is to go full ***** and paint himself brown.  No doubt you'll be defending this as well:tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

You need to get a grip on yourself. It’s no different than a bandana. You’re obviously very butthurt over it, look at your comments lol.

As for defending him, wearing a bandana/durag isn’t something that needs to be defended. It’s absolutely ridiculous that it’s even news. What’s even more ridiculous (but funny) is how people like you seem so eaten up by it :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:  imagine being so triggered over someone wearing a piece of cloth…

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, kdub87 said:

You need to get a grip on yourself. It’s no different than a bandana lmao you’re obviously very butthurt over it, look at your comments lol.

As for defending him, wearing a bandana/durag isn’t something that needs to be defended. It’s absolutely ridiculous that it’s even news. What’s even more ridiculous (but funny) is how people like you seem so eaten up by it :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:  imagine being so triggered over someone wearing a piece of cloth lmao

I thought we've established the fact that I found it hilarious and laughed at the Bieber creature, nobody here is triggered except you since you're so desperate to paint me as such. 

I'm not losing sleep over what an insecure celebrity wears, but it did cause a good chuckle, as did your posts:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

12 hours ago, mythology said:

I thought we've established the fact that I found it hilarious and laughed at the Bieber creature, nobody here is triggered except you since you're so desperate to paint me as such. 

I'm not losing sleep over what an insecure celebrity wears, but it did cause a good chuckle, as did your posts:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

Sure Jan. He’s the one that’s insecure whilst you rage on forums about his headwear 😂 do you normally freak out and call someone a bunch of “white this, white that” names when you’re triggered? Do you think it’s ok to reference someone’s skin color when insulting them? You’ve avoided acknowledging  that each time I see. I’m not desperate to paint you as anything, your racist comments do that for you. 
Not sure why you think I’m triggered, I think such things are absolute nonsense and the people getting so bent out of shape over it silly. Anyway, be gone, bigot.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, kdub87 said:

Sure Jan. He’s the one that’s insecure whilst you rage on forums about his headwear 😂 do you normally freak out and call someone a bunch of “white this, white that” names when you’re triggered? Do you think it’s ok to reference someone’s skin color when insulting them? You’ve avoided acknowledging  that each time I see. I’m not desperate to paint you as anything, your racist comments do that for you. 
Not sure why you think I’m triggered, I think such things are absolute nonsense and the people getting so bent out of shape over it silly. Anyway, be gone, bigot.

I see you're resorting to petty name calling now, how surprising😅 Only person here that's triggered is you since you can't stop responding to me with petty insults and completely wrong assumptions about me. But that much I should expect from a snowflake who's triggered AF because I used the word WHITE.

And his skin color IS relevant to the discussion - how many people rich, WHITE boys do you know that rock cornrolls and dourags? Very few, if any, I bet.

Not a fan of insecure rich WHITE celebrities stealing from black culture they know nothing about to appear cool or hip. 

Would you also defend the Bieber creature if he painted himself brown?  Who am I kidding, of course you would. You would probably saying he is being oppressed or something, lmfaooooo:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

1 hour ago, mythology said:

I see you're resorting to petty name calling now, how surprising😅 Only person here that's triggered is you since you can't stop responding to me with petty insults and completely wrong assumptions about me. But that much I should expect from a snowflake who's triggered AF because I used the word WHITE.

And his skin color IS relevant to the discussion - how many people rich, WHITE boys do you know that rock cornrolls and dourags? Very few, if any, I bet.

Not a fan of insecure rich WHITE celebrities stealing from black culture they know nothing about to appear cool or hip. 

Would you also defend the Bieber creature if he painted himself brown?  Who am I kidding, of course you would. You would probably saying he is being oppressed or something, lmfaooooo:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

You’ve literally relied to every one of my comments too lol? Calling you out as a bigot is petty name calling yet you used his skin color to insult him and other white people numerous times. If a white person said Nicki Minaj for example  is a “black brat” or “i can’t stand insecure black girls” there’d be uproar and rightly so. It’s not relevant to the conversation if you’re using someone’s skin color in a derogatory manor.

Anyway you seem far too mentally incompetent to comprehend that so like I said, be gone, or keep going, you’re only making yourself look more stupid.

Also, conflating someone’s headwear with painting themselves brown is about as stupid as it can get. No ones “stealing” anything, no one culture owns anything. Cultural appropriation in and of itself is a ridiculous concept period. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, kdub87 said:

You’ve literally relied to every one of my comments too lol? Calling you out as a bigot is petty name calling yet you used his skin color to insult him and other white people numerous times. If a white person said Nicki Minaj for example  is a “black brat” or “i can’t stand insecure black girls” there’d be uproar and rightly so. It’s not relevant to the conversation if you’re using someone’s skin color in a derogatory manor.

Anyway you seem far too mentally incompetent to comprehend that so like I said, be gone, or keep going, you’re only making yourself look more stupid.

Also, conflating someone’s headwear with painting themselves brown is about as stupid as it can get. No ones “stealing” anything, no one culture owns anything. Cultural appropriation in and of itself is a ridiculous concept period. 

Lmfaoooo, you can't be serious, right?  I'm white myself genius, and acknowledging that Bieber is white isn't insulting his race.  You still haven't answered my question btw:  How many rich spoiled white boys do you know that rock a dourag and cornolls?

You couldn't answer that and once again resorted to petty name calling, since you're too incompetent to contribute anything else.  Learn something new, your childish namecalling is tiring and makes you look beyond immature.

Additionally, apparently you also think stealing from other cultures is fine, which says all you need to know about you.  Each culture is unique and should be respected, and shouldn't be exploited to benefit spoiled rich brats craving attention or using it to cover their insecurities.

Justin isn't street and never will be, and his music reflects that, while his attire contradicts that.  Surely you don't lack the common sense to see that but I'm not holding my breath given your posts:tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

1 hour ago, mythology said:

Lmfaoooo, you can't be serious, right?  I'm white myself genius, and acknowledging that Bieber is white isn't insulting his race.  You still haven't answered my question btw:  How many rich spoiled white boys do you know that rock a dourag and cornolls?

You couldn't answer that and once again resorted to petty name calling, since you're too incompetent to contribute anything else.  Learn something new, your childish namecalling is tiring and makes you look beyond immature.

Additionally, apparently you also think stealing from other cultures is fine, which says all you need to know about you.  Each culture is unique and should be respected, and shouldn't be exploited to benefit spoiled rich brats craving attention or using it to cover their insecurities.

Justin isn't street and never will be, and his music reflects that, while his attire contradicts that.  Surely you don't lack the common sense to see that but I'm not holding my breath given your posts:tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

You weren’t just acknowledging him being white though? You added that descriptor in with your insults. It’s SUPER embarrassing that you yourself are white and feel like you can speak for another race when it’s really not your place but I guess you’re desperate for those SJW internet points. It’s cringey af to see white people trash other white people in an attempt to look all woke, don’t be such a try hard. You can call out real racism instead of this nonsensical virtue signaling.

To answer your question (that you only asked once but ok) I don’t know wtf a cornroll is babe (how embarrassing for you). Did you mean cornrows? Sure I’ve seen white people with them, a lot of latin people too. As for durags, they’re pretty much bandanas, do you really need an explanation as to how popular bandanas are amongst all races? You nor anyone else has any right to gatekeep hairstyles or clothing, it’s honestly so sad and petty.

Lastly, you call me childish and immature but respond with “lmfaooo” nor can you even spell durag or cornrow. No need to respond since none of your previous responses have been of any substance and I don’t have time for it. Go get some sleep and think about things you can do to not publicly embarrass yourself so much in the future, silly pants :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

• Love 4
2 hours ago, kdub87 said:

You weren’t just acknowledging him being white though? You added that descriptor in with your insults. It’s SUPER embarrassing that you yourself are white and feel like you can speak for another race when it’s really not your place but I guess you’re desperate for those SJW internet points. It’s cringey af to see white people trash other white people in an attempt to look all woke, don’t be such a try hard. You can call out real racism instead of this nonsensical virtue signaling.

To answer your question (that you only asked once but ok) I don’t know wtf a cornroll is babe (how embarrassing for you). Did you mean cornrows? Sure I’ve seen white people with them, a lot of latin people too. As for durags, they’re pretty much bandanas, do you really need an explanation as to how popular bandanas are amongst all races? You nor anyone else has any right to gatekeep hairstyles or clothing, it’s honestly so sad and petty.

Lastly, you call me childish and immature but respond with “lmfaooo” nor can you even spell durag or cornrow. No need to respond since none of your previous responses have been of any substance and I don’t have time for it. Go get some sleep and think about things you can do to not publicly embarrass yourself so much in the future, silly pants :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

Oh look, more name calling and petty insults:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

First off, whoever said that I was speaking for another race?  Would Justin Bieber look less embarassing if I was black? According to your logic, I shouldn't be able to criticize the fact that he looks like a clown because I'm white?  LMFAO, I can't.

Do you even understand why durags are exclusively a black/latin thing, or are you talking out of your arse as always? White people don't wear durags, the same reason why they don't dress up as Native Americans, it's a cultural thing and even a comfort thing. 

To be more specific, a black person's hair is quite thicker and different than that of a white persons, hence the unique hairstyles such as cornrows, and why they tend  to wear durags for comfort.  Hence why it makes absolutely NO **** SENSE for white people to be doing this. It's SUPER embarassing that you yourself don't know this, just as it's SUPER embarassing for Bieber to be rocking it.  Makes sense yet?  Try to keep up.

Lastly, and as we have established multiple times over by now, you are chlidish and immature, very much so.  You don't seem to grasp basic concepts and have to resort to petty namecalling and childish insults, all the while failing to make any sort of point.  And I'm sure you'll do it again since you can't offer anything else.  As it is, you've taken enough of my time and only proved your ignorance in the process, so adios girl:mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

• Like 1
On 5/10/2021 at 7:52 AM, mythology said:

I never usually comment on these but you are coming across like such an idiot. You are race obsessed and you’re absolute hatred for a pop star you have never met is really sad. Coming on here calling people creatures. And bashing people who don’t agree with you’re snowflake opinion. 

maybe jump on a Beyoncé post and attack her for straightening her hair while you’re at it 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, kdub87 said:

This 🙌🏻🙌🏻

• Love 1
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, mythology said:

Stealing from other cultures?

Exploitation?

Cornrolls?

What on God’s green Earth are you going on about? I’m sure your intentions aren’t bad but… yikes…

And the kid is wearing a do-rag ffs. Move on with your life. Nobody’s culture is being exploited or stolen. My God.  

• Love 2
On 5/6/2021 at 1:37 PM, Look But Don't Touch said:

I heard some black people's opinions about something like that and they said it wasn't really offensive but these people just look dumb 

Im black and have locs myself, I’m not offended by the locs exactly I’m offended that he decided to get locs and dress more “urban” now that he’s an “r&b artist”… it feels like a mockery, very offensive  way to try to connect with a new audience…

Im personally over it. and not Justin wearing a durag. Im over this ARTIFICIALLY WOKE climate we live in nowadays. where it is seen as trendy to call attention to any and everything and call it "cultural appropriation." Its a VERY slippery slope. I dont even USE that term! 99% of Human existence is CULTURAL APPROPRIATION if we want to go there. LOL. Gold teeth? the Roma (formerly called "gypsy") people also wore gold teeth and still do. We go to a Chinese buffet. we use computer technology that has Asian origins. Not to mention PLENTY of stuff that is widely popular but not attributed to the black people who created it. I get it. whatever. But that being said - EVERY. SINGLE. HUMAN BEING. ALIVE...has the RIGHT to do anything they wish to their appearance. wear ANYTHING they choose to. and wear their hair ANY way they wish to. It is a dangerous game when the general consensus polices what people can and cannot do to their own bodies. which every law in every country says that every person as dominion over their own bodies. presentation may inspire hatred (such as a "man" wearing a dress) but that does not negate that the person has the divine right to wear and present how they choose. Is it cultural appropriation for me to wear NIKE shoes? also - people and cultures - no matter who they are - who claim to INVENT something is seriously misguided. how are we to know that alien people arent on some planet and been rocking dreadlocks like 2 million yrs ago? also  -  I AM BLACK (very black. unmistakably dark skinned and of African descent.) and its SAD that i feel compelled to even discuss my ethnicity...because I feel that if I had not disclosed that, someone may assume im some white person with a chip on my shoulder. NO, Im black...and just TIRED of innocent people being targeted for non issues. while there are very real issues going on in this world. very real racial issues. very real religious issues. very real issues concerning ***ual orientation. etc. This man can do WHATEVER he wants. he can transition TOMORROW and may loose some fans. but its HIS right to be whoever he wants to be and present however he wants to. I dont believe in the term "cultural approproriation." though Im well aware that some people may utilize the culture and trends of other peoples... we all eat at Taco Tuesday. Were celebrating EUROPEAN pagan holidays, in disregard to our ethnicity. etc. what gives? LMAOOOOOOO Im also not a Justin stan. but also dont hate him. lol

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block