Looking back at JC Chasez's career sabotage

20 minutes ago, PZHSB said:

His career is what Justin’s would have  been without Britney. JC had some solid songs on his debut. Jive tried hard to promote him but he didn’t have the stage presence to sell the music. Britney helped him with promo while he opened for her.  I wish he would produce more. He’s a talented guy. 

Jive did not try hard at all on JC :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

They pushed Justin and got JC like hardly any promo, and his singles were also not even pushed at radio. They did not care about him at all.

• Like 5
4 hours ago, frederiickx said:

Jive did not try hard at all on JC :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

They pushed Justin and got JC like hardly any promo, and his singles were also not even pushed at radio. They did not care about him at all.

The first single was heavily promoted. He was everywhere pushing it. They even bought a clear channel deal for the first week of the release of Some girls dance with women. The problem was the song wasn’t radio friendly and after JTs nipplegate no one wanted to take the risk on booking him. The second single choice was an even bigger disaster. He tried to go the overly $exual route and it didn’t work for his image. They gave JC more promo than say Jennifer Love Hewitt who released an album a year earlier. He just didn’t have what it took to shine with Justin getting all the press from Britney and Janet. 

• Like 2

When JC was talking about how he kept agreeing to the NFL’s demands but ultimately got dropped by them, my heart shattered all over again for this beautiful, genuine soul.

He is still one of my favorite voices of all time and I pray that he can one day find the courage and inspiration to put himself out there again. 

• Love 7

I have some thoughts. I bought JC’s album

and watched irl, how his career didn’t take off. :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad:

The fact that Justin, Jive and Johnny (especially) kept the 4 guys in the dark for so long (2002-2005) impacted their moves right from the gate. Maybe the guys should Have been more switched on. But it’s clear Jive didn’t want to impact Justin’s solo Chance and left the door open to nsync only if Justin failed. They could have had 2 successful  solo artists from nsync. They should have given JC second album a real chance, it wasn't even RnB and wouldn’t have impacted Justin at all during his break after Justified.  :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

I hope a real reunion of some sort eventually does come, but with JC being the alleged holdout at this point only a surprise set at a future Justin concert is probably the most realistic imo. Or charity concert?  

The rumours of a residency in Vegas have died sadly. My speculation is JC won’t do it without Justin and JC will only do it as a meaningful event. The best thing is Justin might be open to it now more than ever because his reputation has fallen and he needs an ego /PR boost. 

• Like 4

some of ya'll didn’t watch the documentary and it shows... :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

He Was SABOTAGED! :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

Justin had a hand in it because, of course he did. :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:

He just needs to get back in shape and color his hair, he'd be good to go. If you got good music, people will care less about your look or if you can still dance like 20 years ago. I wished he did try again because wow, he really has a beautiful voice. It's a gift he shouldn’t waste.:sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

• Love 3
  • Haha 1

He was very talented for sure, but I agree with some of you saying he just lacked something. I remember he was very serious and could have come off as pretentious, which I bet Justin was way more than him, but first, Justin had his relationship with Britney propel him and second, he acted the part of cutesy, funny, likeable, humble guy.  Remember how people freaked when he appeared with Fallon? JC didn't have that fake "Imma really nice guy" public persona. Also, his songs were not bad, just niche. Timberlake went very mainstream pop and JC was more experimental. Timbaland had already had huge hits with Missy Elliot. 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Isla said:

That’s actually pretty messed up what happened. He’s a talented guy and deserved more success.

Is his album any good? 

It’s not a masterpiece and it’s a bit over the place but there are some good songs in it imo. I’d pretty much rather listening to it than Justin’s albums :goat_monster_devil_dance_dancing_makeup_brush: It’s a cute one, the potential is definitely there!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, bluestrawberry51 said:

some of ya'll didn’t watch the documentary and it shows... :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

He Was SABOTAGED! :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

Justin had a hand in it because, of course he did. :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:

He just needs to get back in shape and color his hair, he'd be good to go. If you got good music, people will care less about your look or if you can still dance like 20 years ago. I wished he did try again because wow, he really has a beautiful voice. It's a gift he shouldn’t waste.:sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

Thanks for taking the time to watch it! It was very interesting right? :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

I have a weird feeling that Justin had a hand in it too very behind the scenes. There were probably many conversations between executives behind JC’s back and if JT was part of them it just wouldn’t surprise me. His voices are very similiar to an extent and I even think Justin could have taken a few notes from him during the MMC/*NSYNC days. Also like the video mentions, when Justin released his second album, that one had similarities with JC’s debut... I don’t think he’s the greatest evil this time but it’s clear he has issues showing up for the people he says he cares about so much and he did everything he could to take off :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

• Love 3
3 hours ago, boyinthemirror said:

It’s not a masterpiece and it’s a bit over the place but there are some good songs in it imo. I’d pretty much rather listening to it than Justin’s albums :goat_monster_devil_dance_dancing_makeup_brush: It’s a cute one, the potential is definitely there!

Dd well that sounds promising! 

• Love 2

Aaaa I've been waiting for this documentary since ages! Ever since I got introduced to NSYNC thanks to Britney, I loved JC so so much! Even his solo album!! I think it's decent. It could have been better, given his perfect soulful vocals, but it was still a grrat album, but with horrible single choices. JUSTICE FOR JC. He was robbed. Big time (and he's so hot and sweet) 

I'm still waiting on his next album:gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud:

• Love 2
12 hours ago, boyinthemirror said:

Thanks for taking the time to watch it! It was very interesting right? :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

I have a weird feeling that Justin had a hand in it too very behind the scenes. There were probably many conversations between executives behind JC’s back and if JT was part of them it just wouldn’t surprise me. His voices are very similiar to an extent and I even think Justin could have taken a few notes from him during the MMC/*NSYNC days. Also like the video mentions, when Justin released his second album, that one had similarities with JC’s debut... I don’t think he’s the greatest evil this time but it’s clear he has issues showing up for the people he says he cares about so much and he did everything he could to take off :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

Yeah, agree. I think he stabbed JC in the back and based half of his style on him. It was always so fishy to me, this whole situation. Would you do this to a friend of yours? Poor JC, I don't blame him being kind of bitter towards singing after they rejected his 2nd album and jt got all the praise. JC was also the better dancer, the better songwriter.... (in my opinion) more honest and more real

• Love 3
16 hours ago, boyinthemirror said:

For me the part of Justin goes to his character, since HE was the one who wanted the break in the first place then HE should have been the one to insist going back in the studio with the group as he promised. HE should have had their back, treated them with some damn respect but instead he was looking out for himself only. The super bowl and Britney situations reinforced that. He's a ****. JC was ruined and frankly all of them were, who knows what their careers could have been. It's really sad. I wouldn't be surprised if they intentionally avoid him and just play nice for the public. I personally would be resentful. :4music_britney_2013_uk_annoyed_irritated_mad:

And now I'll be jamming to this ::bparty_piece_of_me_pom_britney_clubbing_blackout_2007_dancing_dance:

I hate the rap but 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block