Looking back at JC Chasez's career sabotage

I'm so interested to watch this! JC was ALWAYS supposed to be the breakout star of NSYNC. His vocals and dancing - way better than Justin's. He was the lead singer. Justin only took a front seat because his relationship with Britney elevated his status - But JC was the lead heartthrob of Nsync. He definitely deserved an amazing solo career, although "Some Girls" was a questionable single choice... Justin definitely had the smarter team creating songs and a sound for him (does it address that in the documentary? his album solo album was good but I just think that single killed the album!)

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Oh man, can you imagine someone releasing an album titled Schizophrenic in 2021 and the album cover being them in a straight jacket? :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

Um Gaga (before 2016 at least), I could picture Billie Eilish pulling off something like that too. Maybe even Lil Nas X.

• Love 1
  • Like 4
12 minutes ago, FlexAroundTheWorld said:

I'm so interested to watch this! JC was ALWAYS supposed to be the breakout star of NSYNC. His vocals and dancing - way better than Justin's. He was the lead singer. Justin only took a front seat because his relationship with Britney elevated his status - But JC was the lead heartthrob of Nsync. He definitely deserved an amazing solo career, although "Some Girls" was a questionable single choice... Justin definitely had the smarter team creating songs and a sound for him (does it address that in the documentary? his album solo album was good but I just think that single killed the album!)

It is definitely addressed and explained with all kind of details! I'll let y'all know when the second part is uploaded. :pumped_britney_excited_yay_pumped:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, FlexAroundTheWorld said:

I'm so interested to watch this! JC was ALWAYS supposed to be the breakout star of NSYNC. His vocals and dancing - way better than Justin's. He was the lead singer. Justin only took a front seat because his relationship with Britney elevated his status - But JC was the lead heartthrob of Nsync. He definitely deserved an amazing solo career

I like jt but this is FACTS. If you look at their earlier work you can tell they intended for him to be the lead singer and rightfully so he deserved so much more.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

:omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

When I first heard his album, I actually thought it was a lot better than JT. If I recall correctly, it was an album full of bops but it was SO long ago when I first heard it. I can totally see him succeeding in that R&B/Hip Hop sort of genre now that it is mentioned but TBH I only kind of saw him developing the kind of success that Kelly Rowland has. Putting out some bops here and there and just fizzling out. He has a hot body and rugged looks, but I don't think he would have pushed his s** appeal I believe he needed for mass marketing and to sustain that longevity. It is pretty awful what happened to him, but on the other hand, I understand why their label would push JT over him. I don't know if music is his passion, but it clearly doesn't seem to be the case since he never put out another album ever again. I hope he is happy with whatever he is doing these days. I'll continue to thirst after his shirtless pics on google. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

I haven't watched the documentary yet :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

but just came here to post this, because the Emerald Cove episode kind of focuses on him

also, the Pig Boy skit :riha_rihanna_cackle_laughing_lol_haha_hehe_lmao_hand:

Oh my :riha_rihanna_cackle_laughing_lol_haha_hehe_lmao_hand:  The Pig Boy skit and the Kung Fu Klassics skit are the best. This has no right to be as entertaining as it its. Do you know if Brit and Xtina's seasons are on YouTube? I'd consider watching them. They're all so talented and that last performance was more entertaining than current award shows :nyschool_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_preaching_telling_talking_hand:

1 hour ago, boyinthemirror said:

Oh my :riha_rihanna_cackle_laughing_lol_haha_hehe_lmao_hand:  The Pig Boy skit and the Kung Fu Klassics skit are the best. This has no right to be as entertaining as it its. Do you know if Brit and Xtina's seasons are on YouTube? I'd consider watching them. They're all so talented and that last performance was more entertaining than current award shows :nyschool_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_preaching_telling_talking_hand:

I've seen that Season 7 (the last one) it's full or almost full on YouTube from that same channel I posted.

I've seen some Season 6 episodes too, but I'm not sure if there's all of them. 

He was my favorite in NSYNC, and he should have been bigger than JT. His album is terrible though and was nothing like the JC that I love.

Justin's first single flopped and then he released Cry Me a River which blew up simply because he used Britney to get a hit, and lucky for him the song was catchy (and much better than anything JC released, but that wasn't JC's fault)

His career is what Justin’s would have  been without Britney. JC had some solid songs on his debut. Jive tried hard to promote him but he didn’t have the stage presence to sell the music. Britney helped him with promo while he opened for her.  I wish he would produce more. He’s a talented guy. 

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block