This Day in Pop: 'Sometimes' music video premieres in 1999 (May 06)

10 minutes ago, SloppyToppyGoddess said:

Im almost certain she said this dude was her cousin as well as the guy in Baby.

well, if you watch the Making of, she introduces him as her **** hunk, so that would be weird :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

2b6ce4afb46a7ff53030074d6df77229.png

here they also mention him, just as a model 

interestingly, the cousin is also named Chad, Chad Spears

cad533a8bcca0a4e9ab6376128b964af.jpg

• Like 6

Wooow I love that video:mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

But I have a couple of questions:

First, does the fact that the filming of the video was delayed mean that Sometimes should have been released EARLIER? Like in March or something? Because I always wondered why did they wait like 7 months to release 2nd single after BOMT💀

I know BOMT was mega ultra successful so they didn't have to rush anything but still...

And second, how did you know that video surpassed 100m views in February 2018? Is there a web page with all that statistics? Because I wanna see for other Britney videos please🙏🏻

@PokemonSpears

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Lil-Jay said:

Wooow I love that video:mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

But I have a couple of questions:

First, does the fact that the filming of the video was delayed mean that Sometimes should have been released EARLIER? Like in March or something? Because I always wondered why did they wait like 7 months to release 2nd single after BOMT💀

I know BOMT was mega ultra successful so they didn't have to rush anything but still...

And second, how did you know that video surpassed 100m views in February 2018? Is there a web page with all that statistics? Because I wanna see for other Britney videos please🙏🏻

@PokemonSpears

I didn't find any confirmations about the release date, but it makes sense that if she was rehearsing since February, it was gonna be released earlier. 

I don't have any statistics page for the views. I know there are some Facebook pages and Twitter accounts that keep track of it, but I don't know if they have everything together in like one database.

But for Sometimes, I found this thread:

• Love 1

This video and song encapsulates the summer of 1999  so well  for me, as soon as that cheery - pop intro starts it takes me right back and gives me all the feels.. even if Britney doesnt like it, 13 year old me loved it, and I still do to this day. Also I loved her whole look in this video. 

• Love 8

This is SUCH an important video for me as a fan... I was so shocked when I saw Britney for the first time in "...Baby", she was (and still is) so powerful and genuine in it. I remember thinking "WHO IS SHE, what is next, what else is there??" I couldn't even imagine what a second single could sound or look like. And then "Sometimes" appeared, and she was so wholesome there, you can tell that they were trying to soften her after all the controversy with "...Baby", but at the same time they just couldn't hide her incredible sensuality and confidence... I swear she took my virginity away with those videos. I knew what hormones were because of her hah! It's super s3xy and would make anyone slightly uncomfortable if it caught them off guard. Actually, I feel like the "Sometimes" video is even more representative of the whole lolita theme than "...Baby" is said to be. And I can honestly only name Janet Jackson when I think of another woman so sweet yet sure about herself and her s3xuality. It is not a common trait. But it's beautiful.

• Love 4
  • Like 1