Alternate music video for Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" leaks

20 hours ago, Britney'sBish said:

I love Gaga, but this will probably always be my least favorite era.

I still don't like the visuals. It just felt vert shock value to me, like she was desperate to keep people talking at that time.

Love the music from the era though.

I agree, it's my favorite album of hers but the era was a sloppy mess! I think it's when people where like "...eh, whatever!" The single choices were correct IMO, but not in the correct order. I would've gone something like this: 

Born This Way- perfect intro to the era, sends the message straightforward

You And I- To genuinely shock the GP and even her fans lol! Trust me it'd do well pre-album release! 

Judas- Bring back TFM-Ga after 2 shockingly different sounding singles.

Marry The Night- A great winter bop to finish the year/start the new year! 

Edge Of Glory- final single to promote the tour, milk it all during 2012! 

END

• Love 1
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, Peanut said:

I agree, it's my favorite album of hers but the era was a sloppy mess! I think it's when people where like "...eh, whatever!" The single choices were correct IMO, but not in the correct order. I would've gone something like this: 

Born This Way- perfect intro to the era, sends the message straightforward

You And I- To genuinely shock the GP and even her fans lol! Trust me it'd do well pre-album release! 

Judas- Bring back TFM-Ga after 2 shockingly different sounding singles.

Marry The Night- A great winter bop to finish the year/start the new year! 

Edge Of Glory- final single to promote the tour, milk it all during 2012! 

END

I would have personally dropped You and I for Heavy Metal Lover or Sheisse.

To this day I still can't stand You and I.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, Britney'sBish said:

I would have personally dropped You and I for Heavy Metal Lover or Sheisse.

To this day I still can't stand You and I.

Judas is not that good, so: 

1. Born This Way

2. Scheiße 

3. The Edge Of Glory

4. Americano 

Pretty sure her label knew You and i is a bad idea for a worldwide release: too american, country. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, DearBritney00 said:

Someone should leak the extended Bad Kids version.

I used to love Bad Kids 

but contrary to what happens to me with Britney Spears songs, as I said on another thread, that I keep liking them more and more as time goes by, with other artists' songs, i.e. Born This Way album, by 2012 I think I had forgotten about it. It's like, they just don't have that magic that makes me crave for them after a while. I would literally listen to the album in full, almost every day ever since it came out, until one day I simply didn't do it anymore.

I remember my favorites, besides Born This Way, Judas, Marry the Night, were Bad Kids and Bloody Mary. Scheiße was great too. I also like Government *******, but only the part that goes "I'm gonna drink my tears toniiightt..." :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses: 

I also remember one time, it was probably late 2011, I was home and the house behind mine, it started playing Americano full volume, I was like :plzexplain_britney_karaoke_carpool_confused_oh_okay_hmm_nod_eyebrows_raised: because the only person that lived there was an old lady :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: I never knew who was actually playing it, but the sound surely came from over there lol 

On 5/5/2021 at 9:57 PM, Britney'sBish said:

I still don't like the visuals. It just felt vert shock value to me, like she was desperate to keep people talking at that time.

BTW is your least favorite era? Are you not considering the ARTPOP era and all the drama involved in that such as Applause underperforming, Gaga's Twitter meltdowns, G.U.Y. straight out flopping, Gaga's awful fashion choices that went to new attention-seeking extremes, or the vomit artist performance?

Granted the BTW era isn't my favorite either, but in terms of promotion, performances, and videos it was a really fun time to be a stan. I still remember the chills that I got from the various Marry the Night performances and the Judas video. God I wish that the original TEOG video concept had been used though.

7 hours ago, Alexanda said:

Pretty sure her label knew You and i is a bad idea for a worldwide release: too american, country. 

They knew it but they thought MTN was gonna smash so hard everywhere after it. YAI literally killed the era (for the most part) and the sloppy singles/ management behind them didn't help either. But if I was her and defied the label, I would've gone with YAI as the 2nd single if I really wanted to shock the public (unlike the calculated  Judas). It would do very well, everyone's would talk about Gaga releasing a ballad and such after many electro-pop hits. It would become one of the recognizable hits of the album if released earlier. 

On 5/6/2021 at 12:57 AM, Britney'sBish said:

But that was so smart because it got people’s attention and even though it was always heavy her looks always served an artistic purpose and weren’t hollow gimmicks. She was able to make songs about important issues become popular because of her weird aesthetic. 

I love BTW more than ever now. I remember not loving it at first and especially BTW the single. It dropped around the same time HIAM did and although I didn’t love HIAM I supported Britney like crazy against Gaga. Stupid I know. I love the entire album now. Scheibe, Bloody Mary, Heavy Metal Lover, Government ******* and Edge of Glory are superb in my book. I respect and love Gaga so much. She’s truly one of the greats and hits it in every genre and acting roll or any project she works on. Yes we all love pop Gaga but she’s respected in all fields because she’s a true artist who puts the work in. She’s fought tooth and nail for her career. I’m happy when I get older I can say I had Gaga growing up. I bet when she’s older she’ll look back and just be like, I did that ****! I’d also like to add that TFM felt like her sophomore release in my head. Bad Romance had that mega sophomore album sound and video and it was truly a brilliant follow up to The Fame and nearly perfect body of work. I think it’s my favorite of hers but BTW is technically her sophomore release. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Stefani said:

BTW is your least favorite era? Are you not considering the ARTPOP era and all the drama involved in that such as Applause underperforming, Gaga's Twitter meltdowns, G.U.Y. straight out flopping, Gaga's awful fashion choices that went to new attention-seeking extremes, or the vomit artist performance?

Granted the BTW era isn't my favorite either, but in terms of promotion, performances, and videos it was a really fun time to be a stan. I still remember the chills that I got from the various Marry the Night performances and the Judas video. God I wish that the original TEOG video concept had been used though.

The Artpop era was messy AF, but I prefer the shytshow over the BTW era aesthetic. I like the music off of Artpop way more than BTW too.

G.U.Y. did not deserve to flop, but the backlash was so real that era. That video was better than the entire BTW era for me.

She should have salvaged Do What U Want by recording a new video with Xtina.

Venus, Donatella, and Artpop should have been singles too.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TakeYourHand said:

But that was so smart because it got people’s attention and even though it was always heavy her looks always served an artistic purpose and weren’t hollow gimmicks. She was able to make songs about important issues become popular because of her weird aesthetic. 

I feel like a lot of what she does, especially during that era, was/is pure gimmick and came off super pretentious.

The the egg on the red carpet?

I really like Gaga, but everything is always too calculated and you blur the line of sincerity when that happens.

1 hour ago, Britney'sBish said:

I feel like a lot of what she does, especially during that era, was/is pure gimmick and came off super pretentious.

I really like Gaga, but everything is always too calculated and you blur the line of sincerity when that happens.

Eh I disagree. Before she was famous she told a story about performing at a dive bar. She was unknown and when it was her time to perform the entire club was drunk after announcing her and weren’t paying attention. She started stripping and by the time she was in her panties and bra the entire club shut up and paid attention. She started performing and the entire crowd loved her music. Unfortunately that’s the way it works sometimes. Normally I’d be against that if the artist had zero talent but Gaga has a lot to offer and she’s an incredible artist so I understand why she did what she did for attention. It’s a business after all and everyone wants to sell. Had she not, she wouldn’t have had the future opportunities like acting or making jazz/soundtrack albums that don’t focus on her image. Pure gold. It’s fun today with Chromatica because she can enter they world again without being eccentric but still visually creative because she’s proved herself as an artist. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Britney'sBish said:

Also I have listened to a ton of Gaga interviews and she’s literally the explanation of an artist. She’s also very humble and I don’t find her pretentious at all. I think she’s very educated and smart. She knows how to craft an abstract and parallel project with perfect dichotomy. Being smart isn’t pretentious, she’s also very bizarre and fearless in doing so. 

5 minutes ago, TakeYourHand said:

Eh I disagree. Before she was famous she told a story about performing at a dive bar. She was unknown and when it was her time to perform the entire club was drunk after announcing her and weren’t paying attention. She started stripping and by the time she was in her panties and bra the entire club shut up and paid attention. She started performing and the entire crowd loved her music. Unfortunately that’s the way it works sometimes. Normally I’d be against that if the artist had zero talent but Gaga has a lot to offer and she’s an incredible artist so I understand why she did what she did for attention. Had she not, she wouldn’t have had the future opportunities like acting or making jazz/soundtrack albums that don’t focus on her image. Pure gold. It’s fun today with Chromatica because she can enter they world again without being eccentric but still visually creative because she’s proved herself as an artist. 

I just don't think it's necessary to do all the extra weird stuff. A lot of what she was doing during the BTW was just obnoxious.

I saw her right before The Fame was taking off, I just don't think she needed to resort to that.

Not that it matters now. I just think there would have been less backlash.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TakeYourHand said:

Also I have listened to a ton of Gaga interviews and she’s literally the explanation of an artist. She’s also very humble and I don’t find her pretentious at all. I think she’s very educated and smart. She knows how to craft an abstract and parallel project with perfect dichotomy. Being smart isn’t pretentious, she’s also very bizarre and fearless in doing so. 

Ok, it's obvious you're a super fan.

pre·ten·tious
/prəˈten(t)SHəs/
adjective
attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.

With the exception of talent (she's got that in spades) a lot of her own descriptions of her music fall under this.

3 minutes ago, Britney'sBish said:

Ok, it's obvious you're a super fan.

pre·ten·tious
/prəˈten(t)SHəs/
adjective
attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.

With the exception of talent (she's got that in spades) a lot of her own descriptions of her music fall under this.

Pretentious: adjective. characterized by assumption of dignity or importance, especially when exaggerated or undeserved: a pretentious, self-important waiter. making an exaggerated outward show; ostentatious. full of pretense or pretension; having no factual basis; false.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block