The Most Valuable Song from Every Country

Posted (edited)

OK there's a lot to unpack here...

This article is from April 19, 2021, and the data was collected in February 2021.

It was written by Justin Rampono from S Money, "a money exchange service which allows customers to buy foreign currency online at the very best exchange rates".

>>> SOURCE

The-Most-Valuable-Song-From-Every-Countr

You'll have to go to the source to see the full thing and read the details, but here are some extracts:

- The most valuable song in the world is Ed Sheeran’s "Shape of You", with Spotify earnings of $13,347,665 US Dollars (USD). It's also the most-streamed Spotify song of all time (and the most-streamed song in eight countries).
- The most-streamed song in a single country is Post Malone’s "rockstar", which has played 715 million times in the US.
- Spotify users dig international hip hop: The top songs from 24 countries belong to this genre.

METHODOLOGY & SOURCES:
Using weekly totals data from Kworb, we recorded the most-streamed song in every country. We then checked that the top song and artist was from the country - if not, we moved down the list until we found a song from a local artist.
Next we visited the artist’s Spotify profile and recorded the global streaming number for the song. Then we took the number of streams in a country and multiplied it by $0.0049 (the per-stream payout estimate from Digital Music News).
We also used data from Kworb to record the most-streamed song of all time in every country, regardless of the nationality of the artist.

TOP TEN Most Valuable Songs:

1 - "Shape of You", by Ed Sheeran (United Kingdom) - Spotify streams worldwide: 2,724,013,193 // Earnings worldwide: $ 13,347,665 
2 - "rockstar" (feat. 21 Savage), by Post Malone (United States of America) - Spotify streams worldwide: 2,124,372,156 // Earnings worldwide: $ 10,409,424
3 - "Dance Monkey", by Tones And I (Australia) - Spotify streams worldwide: 2,101,828,534 // Earnings worldwide: $ 10,298,960
4 - "God's Plan", by Drake (Canada) - Spotify streams worldwide: 1,695,958,873 // Earnings worldwide: $ 8,310,198
5 - "Faded", by Alan Walker (Norway) - Spotify streams worldwide: 1,350,560,280 // Earnings worldwide: $ 6,617,745
6 - "Wake Me Up", by Avicci (Sweden) - Spotify streams worldwide: 1,227,990,897 // Earnings worldwide: $ 6,017,155
7 - "7 Years", by Lukas Graham (Denmark) - Spotify streams worldwide: 1,201,787,625 // Earnings worldwide: $ 5,888,759
8 - "In My Mind", by Dynoro & Gigi D'Agostino (Lithuania) - Spotify streams worldwide: 962,677,266 // Earnings worldwide: $ 4,717,119
9 - "Criminal", by Natti Natasha & Ozuna (Dominican Republic) - Spotify streams worldwide: 652,964,683 // Earnings worldwide: $ 3,199,527
10 - "Adán y Eva", by Paulo Londra (Argentina) - Spotify streams worldwide: 627,517,660 // Earnings worldwide: $ 3,074,837 >>> THIS GUY IS FROM MY HOMETOWN!!! :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn:

And he appears in this amaaaaazing song by Ed Sheeran:

PS: BRITNEY PLAYS IN MY MIND RENT FREE, WHERE ARE THOSE STREAMS B/TCH I CAN'T SEE THEM :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:

Map.thumb.JPG.8ea07603d01b404c4b597fd480090823.JPG

Edited by Midnight
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well, I'm glad Mexico's is this one and not some banda song  

This is an interesting article. Ed sheeran single-handedly ruined pop music.

What a steaming pile of garbage except for Avicii, Angèle, and Dermot Kennedy   

Posted Images

• Community Curators
10 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

well, I'm glad Mexico's is this one and not some banda song

What if it was this one? :orly_oh_britney_surprised_wow_excited:

• Haha 1

<<<Magic Begins at Midnight>>> 

Just now, Midnight said:

What if it was this one? :orly_oh_britney_surprised_wow_excited:

as a banda song, it's really bad, that's why I like it :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

to me, it's still a pop song, just with banda elements :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:, a combination that I think has never worked, just ask Jeans :embarrassney_embarrassed_shame_guilt_hide_britney_karaoke_head_shake_no_smh:

• Haha 2

I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

• Community Curators
2 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

as a banda song, it's really bad, that's why I like it :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

to me, it's still a pop song, just with banda elements :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:, a combination that I think has never worked, just ask Jeans :embarrassney_embarrassed_shame_guilt_hide_britney_karaoke_head_shake_no_smh:

:ohmygawd_britney_omg_shocked_wow_holy_crap_gasp_shocked_itz_in_the_zone_white:  Pokie you could of warned me, I was not ready to hear that :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: maybe Dulce would have made it better? :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: No? :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Midnight said:

:ohmygawd_britney_omg_shocked_wow_holy_crap_gasp_shocked_itz_in_the_zone_white:  Pokie you could of warned me, I was not ready to hear that :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: maybe Dulce would have made it better? :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: No? :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

this sounds a bit less horrible

• Like 1

• Community Curators
3 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

this sounds a bit less horrible

OMG the 90s pop tour :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:  how come I never saw this? :ohmygawd_britney_omg_shocked_wow_holy_crap_gasp_shocked_itz_in_the_zone_white: JNS was my fave.

It was better but Corazon Confidente is so unsuitable for a Cumbia :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

I'll stick with this one instead.

• Like 1

• Exhale+

Well my country's most popular song is:

I am actually surprised this song is the most valuable here. It was a huge hit, but like there were other bigger hits than this song in Bollywood :weirdmeout_umm_ok_what_weirded_britney:

• Like 2

Young Billie Run Pop :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

3 minutes ago, Midnight said:

It was better but Corazon Confidente is so unsuitable for a Cumbia :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

tell me about it :yesokay_britney_blush_blink:

but have you heard this?  :dead_falling_wig_dying:

:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: hopefully they've learned by now not to destroy their songs, especially the most popular ones!

My favorite of Caló remains this:

:livinggg_dancing_killing_it_party_music_grooving_pink:

• Haha 1

• Community Curators
3 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

tell me about it :yesokay_britney_blush_blink:

but have you heard this?  :dead_falling_wig_dying:

:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: hopefully they've learned by now not to destroy their songs, especially the most popular ones!

My favorite of Caló remains this:

:livinggg_dancing_killing_it_party_music_grooving_pink:

augagahahahahahah NO NO NO omg, what is that? :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: I'm dead, that was worse than the first one.

I wonder if anyone actually dares to bop to that outloud? :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

YESSS Calo was incredible, I loved Te Pertenezco with Fey and Ponte Antento

augagahahahahahah NO NO NO omg, what is that? :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: I'm dead, that was worse than the first one.

I wonder if anyone actually dares to bop to that outloud? :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

YESSS Calo was incredible, I loved Te Pertenezco with Fey and Ponte Antento

did you get to see the show? I saw them the two times they came to Tijuana, it was so good :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Caló seemed to be the least popular (not less than Erick Rubín lol) but I was having a blast dancing to all of their songs :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

• Community Curators
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

did you get to see the show? I saw them the two times they came to Tijuana, it was so good :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Caló seemed to be the least popular (not less than Erick Rubín lol) but I was having a blast dancing to all of their songs :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

NO :tiffanycries_ny_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_crying_tears_sobbing_sad: and it was actually not that far from where I live but I had no one to go with me and I didn't wanna go alone.

I regret it honestly :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears: I feel like I missed out on a historic pop culture moment.

Edited by Midnight
  • Like 1

NO :tiffanycries_ny_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_crying_tears_sobbing_sad: and it was actually not that far from where I live but I had no one to go with me and I didn't wanna go alone.

I regret it honestly :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears: I feel like I missed out on a historic pop culture moment.

:unreal_omg_no_way_shocked_wow_surprised: you did!

I went alone both times :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: But I'm used to going by myself everywhere lol I went to Vegas all by myself too when I saw Britney, and before the pandemic I used to go the movies alone too. It's much easier than waiting for someone to have some free time exactly the same day I do, or waiting to find someone that likes the same stuff  :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: