It's been 10 years since Lana Del Rey uploaded the music video for "Video Games"

It's been 10 years since Lana Del Rey first uploaded the music video for her song, "Video Games" onto YouTube. The video/song went viral and is ultimately what propelled Lana's career forward to become the success that it has been today.

eliIFk2.jpg

The song is the first single officially released under the "Lana Del Rey" name and was the beginning of the "Born to Die" era. 

Happy 10 years to Lana Del Rey and to Video Games!

Spoiler

Credit: Stolen from a thread on LanaBoards. Thanks to the user, Trash Magic, who tracked down the original date/upload of the video (it's been re-uploaded a few times).

Related:

iu.jpeg

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, femmepop said:

ugh wow 10 years!

we are getting old girls.

I'll never forget the first time I heard/saw this. it gave me literal CHILLS and my jaw dropped. Still such a beautiful song to this day.  :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad:

Lana is my #2 after Britney :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:💋

same omg. they’re both pretty and mysterious :melt_weird_drift_wow:

• Love 2
9 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Legendary song that influenced a generation of self-diagnosing teens that used depression, having issues, and being damaged as an aesthetic. Lana and Lorde sooo paved the way for all the alternative/dream/bedroom pop girls and boys of today. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

I WAS ONE OF THOSE TEENS :praisega_gaga_amazing_brilliant_show_stopping_showstopping_sunglasses_incredible_yas_Yes: I WAS IN GRADE 9 WHEN BORN TO DIE CAME OUT AND I TRIED IGNORING IT

BY THE END OF GRADE 11 ULTRAVIOLENCE CAME OUT SO UM ALL OF HS WAS LANA

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Rick101 said:

I WAS ONE OF THOSE TEENS :praisega_gaga_amazing_brilliant_show_stopping_showstopping_sunglasses_incredible_yas_Yes: I WAS IN GRADE 9 WHEN BORN TO DIE CAME OUT AND I TRIED IGNORING IT

BY THE END OF GRADE 11 ULTRAVIOLENCE CAME OUT SO UM ALL OF HS WAS LANA

Omg, I was obsessed with Born to Die when it came out. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach: Back in 2012, my internet was like 20 kilobytes/second (yes, kilobytes :clownery_makeup_meme:) slow, so I remember leaving on BitTorrent overnight, so that I could pirate it. I was like 12. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: But then, Ultraviolence came out, and I didn't really vibe with it. :orangu_orangutan_ape: Thankfully, Lorde and Marina gave me my Tumblr girl fix instead. :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block