Jesy reveals why she left Little Mix and addresses going Solo

I’m so happy for her.

The interview with the girls makes me so uncomfortable when they talk about their friendship and how it is today “I’m sure you’re still texting her” etc.....it’s quite obvious they’re no longer friends anymore. It’s just a vibe they’re giving off regarding the situation, but to me it’s very evident. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Does she have enough of a fan base to have a solo career or is she like the Nadine of the group?  She obviously left because she was offered a solo deal but had to drag mental illness into it.  Her gaining weight and then complaining about it?  This article and Jesy have left a very sour taste in my mouth.  She seems sneaky and calculated -- also a bit like Demi but putting all their problems as 'mental health' which is nothing but offensive to those with actual mental illness.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, soweird101 said:

Does she have enough of a fan base to have a solo career or is she like the Nadine of the group?  She obviously left because she was offered a solo deal but had to drag mental illness into it.  Her gaining weight and then complaining about it?  This article and Jesy have left a very sour taste in my mouth.  She seems sneaky and calculated -- also a bit like Demi but putting all their problems as 'mental health' which is nothing but offensive to those with actual mental illness.

You're clearly not familiar with Jesy AT ALL - her problems with mental health are well known to those who are fans and people in the UK.

So let's not act like you know anything about her and say she used 'mental health' as an excuse as that is disgusting. People are scared to talk about having mental health because people like you saying they don't really have those issues.

Educate yourself before making these sorts of comments. She is very far from a 'Demi', your comment is really distasteful.

I've NEVER seen anyone be horrifically trolled for a decade as much as Jesy has been.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, AndyFoster said:

I’m so happy for her.

The interview with the girls makes me so uncomfortable when they talk about their friendship and how it is today “I’m sure you’re still texting her” etc.....it’s quite obvious they’re no longer friends anymore. It’s just a vibe they’re giving off regarding the situation, but to me it’s very evident. 

I want to hope so bad that they are still friends :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad: It's hard to tell, i'm just glad both sides are not slagging each other off.

I'm hoping if they are not they can resolve things in the future as their friendship is what made Little Mix so great.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Slayer said:

Not being shady but she did refer to them as 'my girls' in the video interview, the video is below. I totally respect why she left the band and full support her.

I was just about to say something negative about her calling them "the other three" but you cleared it up with the video. Honestly as a fan it makes me feel bad. It's almost like she resented the girls for something they couldn't control. And it is her issue but the public made it an issue in the first place. So I get her need to leave, it's a sad situation. Im not sure how she will fair as a solo artist because she had the band to rely on for the pressure and hardships, now it's just her.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, SloppyToppyGoddess said:

I was just about to say something negative about her calling them "the other three" but you cleared it up with the video. Honestly as a fan it makes me feel bad. It's almost like she resented the girls for something they couldn't control. And it is her issue but the public made it an issue in the first place. So I get her need to leave, it's a sad situation. Im not sure how she will fair as a solo artist because she had the band to rely on for the pressure and hardships, now it's just her.

It's sad she was basically forced to leave due to the constant hate and I saw she shaded the LM team saying they'd make her feel uncomfortable sometimes - now it makes sense why she unfollowed Little Mix's management as soon as she announced she left the group.

Tbh it is hard to know if they actually do still get on or not or whether they are all just being classy :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

I hope even if there is tension they can reunite one day and get along - their friendship is what made Little Mix so amazing :canthandleit_cry_katy_sob_sad_tears: 

I hope they start interacting with eachother!

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, limezd said:

Jealousy is a *****. Just watch her being even more depressed once the other 3 girls achieve more success while she flops. She’ll feed bad for leaving them. 

Yikes, let her be. She was a massive part of Little Mix's success.

She has had to film music videos, go for fittings, photo shoots, performances with the anxiety of being next to 3 other girls that she felt, visually, she stuck out from and was the 'fat' and 'ugly' one.

As a solo artist, she’s doing all those things on her own and only has to think for herself only and not what she’ll worry she looks like next to 3 others.

It’s pretty clear that having three other girls physically on every single set, photoshoot and studio she has ever been on is going to be a much more present threat to her mental health than any hypothetical other pop star.

Let's not attack a woman who has been brave enough to be open about her issues and attempted to end her life because of her insecurities and depression.

We need to be kind - let her do her thing. She's already given 9 years of her life to Little Mix, when us fans know she struggled SOOO much. Good for her for putting herself first once. She deserves to be happy and do what she wants.  Let's stop policing her choices, she is a 29 year old woman.

• Love 1

I am late to the Little Mix party, but fell in love with them because of Jesy. I can relate to her. It was obvious she was not happy in the Sweet Melody video. Her mouth did not even match the words. She was visibly uncomfortable. She gets to call the shots now. She gets to control her destiny. I can’t say I blame her for that. It was great to see her in the interview looking relaxed. 

Now if we can get a Britney and Jesy collab!!! 🔥🔥🔥

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, NastyT said:

I am late to the Little Mix party, but fell in love with them because of Jesy. I can relate to her. It was obvious she was not happy in the Sweet Melody video. Her mouth did not even match the words. She was visibly uncomfortable. She gets to call the shots now. She gets to control her destiny. I can’t say I blame her for that. It was great to see her in the interview looking relaxed. 

Now if we can get a Britney and Jesy collab!!! 🔥🔥🔥

Love hearing this, she deserves to be happy! She gave 9 years to Little Mix and a lot of that time depressed! So i'm glad she's finally doing what she wants.

It is amazing to see her so happy! She deserves the world :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

I'm excited to see what Jesy brings! Imagine a Britney collab - never going to happen but we can dream:yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Love hearing this, she deserves to be happy! She gave 9 years to Little Mix and a lot of that time depressed! So i'm glad she's finally doing what she wants.

It is amazing to see her so happy! She deserves the world :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

I'm excited to see what Jesy brings! Imagine a Britney collab - never going to happen but we can dream:yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

I am probably older than you… cough cough… not happy about it… BUT I have learned to NEVER SAY NEVER.. keep dreaming. It keeps us young!

• Love 1

I wish her the best. I just hope she truly has the right people around her, not just trying to cash in because of her potential (leaving LM). It’s all well and good until expectations aren’t reached and the “grass isn’t greener on the other side

I’ll give a listen to  her new material but I have a feeling I won’t like it or support it like LM. Good luck to her. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Invitation said:

:hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

Such a bittersweet feeling to know that she wasn't well while shooting the 'Sweet Melody' video. That's my favorite music video from LM.

Yeah. I wondered why she was absent from the shots with the girls jerk dancing while the camera moved. She was missing from that transition. I feel bad but also like.... if you arent happy with your body on a little mix video shoot, I dont think you will be happy with your body on your own either .

1 hour ago, Thecodeman25 said:

Yeah. I wondered why she was absent from the shots with the girls jerk dancing while the camera moved. She was missing from that transition. I feel bad but also like.... if you arent happy with your body on a little mix video shoot, I dont think you will be happy with your body on your own either .

I just don’t understand why she would think it’s gonna be easier on her to be solo. I mean, for the last 9 years she could hide behind the other 3 girls. Fat or not.

Now she’s gonna have to swim with the big fish and be compared to big ones like Beyoncé, Gaga, Rihanna etc … more pressure IMO. 

anyway, wish her luck in Europe. I don’t have to worry about her reaching my airwaves anyways, they’d don’t play them on the North American continent anyways and neither will they play her. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Slayer said:

It's sad she was basically forced to leave due to the constant hate and I saw she shaded the LM team saying they'd make her feel uncomfortable sometimes - now it makes sense why she unfollowed Little Mix's management as soon as she announced she left the group.

Tbh it is hard to know if they actually do still get on or not or whether they are all just being classy :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

I hope even if there is tension they can reunite one day and get along - their friendship is what made Little Mix so amazing :canthandleit_cry_katy_sob_sad_tears: 

I hope they start interacting with eachother!

I also have the feeling that they have a narrative imposed by their management. It seems that they're not really allowed to speak about Jesy.
They refer to her as "someone" (when "someone" wants to leave....), and rarely name her (except for Jade).
And everytime, they have the same short answer: We were supportive....bla bla bla BUT we'll be fine as a three, and keep going....
They really insist on that last point : the group doesn't stop because of Jesy's departure. For me it's a management speech, and they need to reduce as much as possible references to Jesy to make clear she's not a member of the group anymore.
They also never acknwledge each other on social medias, they probably advised them to break the professional and public link.

From her side, Jesy publicly shows pictures of her other best friends, stories of her in the studio, telling that she's with the people the loves the most in the world, that she has never been happier...

I really hope their relationships in private remains good. We'll probably never know, or maybe in several years. But for now I don't think they really hang out with each other.

• Love 2

I'm so conflicted right now. This is a bittersweet, really. 

Firstly, I don't feel the "three other girls" but it was cleared. On the other hand, girls said "if someone wishes to leave..." I don't get this. Why not say "my friends" or "Jesy..." blah blah. I don't get this.

From a different point of view, I can recall how supportive Perrie, Jade and Leigh were during that performance for BBC(?) 

And again, Jesy's yet to acknowledge Leigh's pregnancy (hadn't she already made it privately) etc.

Girls and Jesy do no more acknowledge one another, which is said imo

What is more, I think that girls might have been hurted when Jesy claimed that she's compared to them etc. as if it was their mistake. Like "I can wear whatever I want to wear and not think about what they want to wear etc." I don't feel this

As for Sweet Melody, sup, Jesy's outfit may be weird but she slayed part she was in and the video is fireeee

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block