The Official Movie Thread

3 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

Damn ... the way that train got annihilated. :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

I was actually hoping to see myself. Those tiny seconds in the beginning and end with an old church in the background that is supposed to take place in Estonia was filmed in my neighboring town and I was an extra. However they didn't use like 90 % of what was filmed, so me and most others that were there were cut out. And none of us got to meet Mads since he had already filmed his parts. ;) But it was a fun experiance. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

The Green Knight looks fascinating but I have zero clue what it is about. 

Dune looks cool. It's like Star Wars if they knew sorcery. 

Thanks for these new finds! Cruella of course, classic .. can't wait! 

The Green Knight is essentially a medieval epic, based on an Arthurian legend (poem to be precise from the 14th c.). It tells the story of King Arthur's nephew and his journey/quest to fight the Green Knight. Now I don't know what to expect when it comes to the plot but I'm a big fan of A24, an independent movie studio. They've gathered some of the best writers/producers/directors and rely heavily on story, imagery, mood, cinematography, music score. Their movies aren't very flashy and action-packed. Some of them can also be considered borderline art-house movies so they can be obscure and pretentious at times. Anyway, some of my favourite A24 movies include:

Spoiler

undefined

undefined

The Lighthouse [DVD] [2019] - Best Buy

undefined

undefined

Euphoria (TV Series 2019– ) - IMDb

It Comes At Night | A24

A Ghost Story | Ghost film, Ghost movies, Ghost stories

And I still have these on my list:

undefined

undefined

undefined

http://www.movienewsletters.net/photos/249381R1.jpg

undefined

undefined

Saint Maud (2019) - IMDb

undefined

The Last Black Man in San Francisco - 2019 - Original Movie Poster – Art of  the Movies

Dune is again based on a novel with the same name, by Frank Herbert, and is considered one of the best pieces in the science-fiction genre. 

Book Cover Trends thru Time (via DUNE) | Muddy Colors

As a matter of fact, many people consider it to be the Lord of the Rings of science-fiction, like it's one of the must reads if you like the genre or wish to explore it. I haven't read it yet but I might do at some point in the future. If I'm not mistaken, Star Wars took some inspiration from Dune. Anyways, the expectations are very high for the movie; the one from 1984 didn't own up to the standards of the book. The director is Denis Villeneuve who also directed these two:

Blade Runner 2049 (2017) - IMDb -> the cinematography for this one was AMAZING

Resultado de imagen de arrival poster | Arrival movie, Best movie posters,  Cinema posters - one of my favourites. Loved the story.

And also Hans Zimmer is behind the movie score for Dune so let's hope that they've successfully created a sci-fi epic.

Can't wait for Cruella. I like when Disney goes dark so I'm interested to see the story behind that character and also Emma Stones's performance in the movie. I sincerely hope it doesn't flop, otherwise it'd be such a shame. It's got a potential! Looks like the Joker a little bit and I'm here for that type of movie.

10 hours ago, Marlean said:

I was actually hoping to see myself. Those tiny seconds in the beginning and end with an old church in the background that is supposed to take place in Estonia was filmed in my neighboring town and I was an extra. However they didn't use like 90 % of what was filmed, so me and most others that were there were cut out. And none of us got to meet Mads since he had already filmed his parts. ;) But it was a fun experiance. 

That is such an amazing experience. It's too bad you didn't make it into the movie, but at least it brought your whole community together and put Estonia on the map. 

9 hours ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

The Green Knight is essentially a medieval epic, based on an Arthurian legend (poem to be precise from the 14th c.). It tells the story of King Arthur's nephew and his journey/quest to fight the Green Knight. Now I don't know what to expect when it comes to the plot but I'm a big fan of A24, an independent movie studio. They've gathered some of the best writers/producers/directors and rely heavily on story, imagery, mood, cinematography, music score. Their movies aren't very flashy and action-packed. Some of them can also be considered borderline art-house movies so they can be obscure and pretentious at times. Anyway, some of my favourite A24 movies include:

Hide contents

undefined

undefined

The Lighthouse [DVD] [2019] - Best Buy

undefined

undefined

Euphoria (TV Series 2019– ) - IMDb

It Comes At Night | A24

A Ghost Story | Ghost film, Ghost movies, Ghost stories

And I still have these on my list:

undefined

undefined

undefined

http://www.movienewsletters.net/photos/249381R1.jpg

undefined

undefined

Saint Maud (2019) - IMDb

undefined

The Last Black Man in San Francisco - 2019 - Original Movie Poster – Art of  the Movies

Dune is again based on a novel with the same name, by Frank Herbert, and is considered one of the best pieces in the science-fiction genre. 

Book Cover Trends thru Time (via DUNE) | Muddy Colors

As a matter of fact, many people consider it to be the Lord of the Rings of science-fiction, like it's one of the must reads if you like the genre or wish to explore it. I haven't read it yet but I might do at some point in the future. If I'm not mistaken, Star Wars took some inspiration from Dune. Anyways, the expectations are very high for the movie; the one from 1984 didn't own up to the standards of the book. The director is Denis Villeneuve who also directed these two:

Blade Runner 2049 (2017) - IMDb -> the cinematography for this one was AMAZING

Resultado de imagen de arrival poster | Arrival movie, Best movie posters,  Cinema posters - one of my favourites. Loved the story.

And also Hans Zimmer is behind the movie score for Dune so let's hope that they've successfully created a sci-fi epic.

Can't wait for Cruella. I like when Disney goes dark so I'm interested to see the story behind that character and also Emma Stones's performance in the movie. I sincerely hope it doesn't flop, otherwise it'd be such a shame. It's got a potential! Looks like the Joker a little bit and I'm here for that type of movie.

Midsommar - OMG what did I just watch? LOL

Hereditary was such a good movie.

The Lighthouse - eh.

Room looks good, gonna check this out! Thanks!

Lady Bird looks thought provoking too, great recommend too!

Loved Euphoria!

It Comes at Night LOL :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

A Ghost Story :nonono_britney_nope_head_shake:

Moonlight seems interesting, I might check out :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

So weird to see Adam Sander in a serious movie like Uncut Gems. I don't know.

Ok ... Waves looks fascinating. I might check this out.

The Killing of a Sacred Deer looks really good. For sure going to watch this. Love Nicole Kidman. 

Eight Grade looks so good! LMAO It seems insightful. 

Minari ... please no ... I don't want to watch what seems like a 6 hour movie about people farming. 

Saint Maud ... Jesus .... I feel like watching this will give me an automatic sentence to hell. 

The Lobster - OMG WTF IS THIS MOVIE,  LMAO ... it's intriguing. I love the concept, haha.

Last Black Man in SF - I thought it would be boring, but it actually looks interesting. I might watch this.

~

Never heard of Dune. What a shame! Really excited to watch this one now. Thanks for the explanation. Blade Runner was cool.

I think the concept for the Green Knight is fascinating, actually intrigued to see how that will turn out. 

Arrival is one of my favourite movies. Left me on the edge for hours.

Thanks for the recommendations. :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

That is such an amazing experience. It's too bad you didn't make it into the movie, but at least it brought your whole community together and put Estonia on the map. 

Haha! Only it wasn't Estonia at all. :P Nor was it a "Xmas market", only two stands. But who buys a BIKE at a Xmas market anyway? Aren't Danish people supposed to know that we use bikes in the summertime up north? 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block