This Day in Pop: Britney Spears and Iggy Azalea release 'Pretty Girls' single in 2015 (May 04)

38 minutes ago, Stefani said:

I'll never understand why this flopped considering that it was a basically a copy of Fancy. Granted I think the video was a mess but at the time it should've charted higher especially since it was promoted with a highly anticipated live performance at the BBMAs. :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad:

it was also her fastest video to reach 100M ever, in less than a month (also her most disliked video lol) You'd think  that would've helped it 

• Like 1

I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On May 04, 2015, Britney Spears and Iggy Azalea released their collaboration single Pretty Girls. It was produced by The Invisible Men, who co-wrote along with Iggy herself, as well as Maegan Cottone

a bop. change my mind. 

Certified bop! 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, DougFrmBrazil said:

The song is OK, just needed a little more effort. It's not my pleasant song of Britney to listen but I kinda like it. I think the song was not marketed well. As always, Britney team messed up things.

I think it deserved a better video where they looked good all the time. 

It should've featured like women from all over the world, joining them as they walked through the streets. I don't know what else to add to the storyline :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: but I know Britney had to look like this, the one in the middle

britney-spears-selfies.jpg

a pretty dress and a fancy hat lol 

Also, the 80s theme doesn't really fit the vibe of the song. I think it sounded more 90's. 

And on top of that, Tom's Diner also leaked basically at the same time that Pretty Girls did, so the contrast was huge. Then they just completely paid dust to Tom's Diner, which could've saved the mini era in 2015 :nochillbrit_britney_impatient_2008_annoyed_irritated_nope_smh_head_shaking_my_ftr_for_the_record_circus: 

• Love 2

I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

4 hours ago, Stefani said:

I'll never understand why this flopped considering that it was a basically a copy of Fancy. Granted I think the video was a mess but at the time it should've charted higher especially since it was promoted with a highly anticipated live performance at the BBMAs. :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad:

"...highly anticipated live pre-recorded performance at the BBMAs."

As many takes as they did, which I am sure was a few, it still couldn't save Iggy's awkward dancing.  Britney and Iggy had, in my opinion, no chemistry.  I felt chemistry between Brit and Madonna and Christina and Brit and Rihanna, but for this, zero chemistry.

sorry but I like this song! idk if it's tacky trash or whatever. it's stupid and fun and I like the video

I unknowingly took my car to the car wash they filmed it at the other day and I was like hey this place looks familiar :britlol_britney_surprised_wow_oh_shocked_choatic: 

gonna go there every time now

• Like 1

This was a Little Mix song originally and it shows. It wasn’t meant for Britney. Her vocals are so overly produced and she sounds like a chipmunk. 

I remember this coming out and being so excited for the video but it was all a bit cringe. Luckily she came back the following year and stayed all our lives :prettyney_britney_iggy_girls_bbma_2015_hair_flip_bounce:

• Love 1

The way this song was from an album Little Mix scrapped :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

I really enjoyed the performances of the song and the BB Awards performance was good!

• Love 1
  • Like 1

from the sky, drop like confetti ♫

Everyone loves to drag Pretty Girls but secretly bops to the song! :angietea_angelina_jolie_tea_sips_coffee_mug_cup_drink_spilling_spill:

I remember checking into Exhale (before I became a member) when the rumors began about Pretty Girls. Everyone was freaking out when we learned she was dancing on set at a car wash in Culver City! :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: And a fan went down to the car wash and made a recording where we could faintly make out the song and everyone was like: :gloriascary_scared_shocked_shook_wow_surprised:

What a time! Can’t believe it’s already 6 years of Pretty World! :queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile:

• Love 1