Crossroads Director Shares Her Memories Of The “Magical Moment” Of Directing Britney

And while we were on the topic of her iconic films, another I had to ask about was 2002’s Crossroads, Britney Spears’ feature film debut (which is hard to find on streaming sites these days, much to Davis’ chagrin). In reflecting on her experience with the film, she said, “I was invited to a film festival in London where they were showing it and I was like, yeah, I’ll go I’ll watch it and talk, that’s fun. It’s held up. It’s such a good movie. I love it so much and I had the best experience.

“I originally said no and then Ann Carli was one of the producers. She was like, I’m working with this new unknown writer, Shonda Rhimes, other friends had hired her. It was the small group of ladies that I loved that were the producers. Then she said, ‘Would you go meet Britney?’ I said yes, I met Britney, I flew to Las Vegas, it was the craziest experience. She was controlling everything. She knew what she wanted. She did it in a sweet Southern girl way, but there wasn’t anybody in that room that she didn’t want in. There wasn’t any deal, there wasn’t an outfit she wouldn’t wear that she didn’t decide. I hung out with her the whole day and she just convinced me. She said, ‘I want to do the rehearsals, I will do anything.’ We were together for a year and it breaks my heart now, I just watched Framing Britney Spears and she just posted a thing about Crossroads and my friend Ann spoke with her. It was one of the best times in her life, too, it was like a magical moment.”

https://decider.com/2021/05/03/tamra-davis-directing-britney-spears-crossroads/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

• Love 3
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days