Get ready for 'Spice World' 2: Spice Girls reportedly shooting a sequel

The Sun is reporting that a long awaited sequel to the 1997 British musical comedy Spice World may be upon us.

The original film is the highest grossing film to star a girl group with 175 Million dollars across DVD sales and Box office as well. It's to celebrate the group's 25th anniversary. 

A film industry source told the publication: “The girls have been talking about how to mark the film’s anniversary and are actively considering making a tongue-in-cheek sequel."

“They have approached a screenwriter who is considering working on the project and making tentative steps forward.

“It is still in the early stages but they are talking to established names in the business, which proves they are taking a big screen comeback seriously.”

Eek! Let's hope the aliens make a come back.

sassy mel b GIF by Spice Girlsspice-world2.jpg.519246bb11211a0eb75925b019800321.jpg

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Serious question if this is even real, but who is the audience for this? Is there a demand for a Spice World sequel? That’s like NSYNC making a movie today. I think it would be a straight to DVD release :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao:

I'm sure it would have cameos of young performers that would attract the kids of today. 

38 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Serious question if this is even real, but who is the audience for this? Is there a demand for a Spice World sequel? That’s like NSYNC making a movie today. I think it would be a straight to DVD release :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao:

I think your underestimating the power of nostalgia especially in America. 

Also :rupaulslap_hit_mad: for the *Nsync shade

• Love 1

As long as Victoria is in it, I’m here for it. I just am a little worried because it’ll be hard to top the original. Also, they’d need to record new music for it no? It would be corny if they sang their old songs... but new Spice Girls music probably wouldn’t be as spunky and outrageous as their original stuff so... idk. :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

2 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Well, it is a cult classic. They play it at art house movie theaters as midnight movies. As an adult in the past 10ish years, I’ve seen it 3 times in theaters. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Ohmymy said:

Is this a product at the supermarket? Spice Girls? Were they featured on Shark Tank?

Confused Britney Spears GIF

mad how dare you GIF by Lifetime Telly

Go wash your mouth out with soap and get an education. The spice girls were part of the 7 wonders of the world till Christ the redeemer in Rio replaced them in 2001 when Ginger left. 

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block