Britney Spears addresses the new BBC documentary and confirms she is not speaking to Billy B

Ok i would understand that she doesnt like the documentaries for bringing to light again her traumas...However this caption is like the "i have to take care of my dad, i have to cancel domination" caption. Why isnt she saying it on a video? mhhhhhhhhh

• Like 3

Honestly, I get where she's coming from. The amount of documentaries scheduled to come out doesn't sit easy with me either. One documentary, sure. But now awareness has been raised, people know about the conservatorship and about #FreeBritney, so arguably, the goal has been reached. What justification do these other documentaries have to keep rehashing, as Britney says, the most traumatic moments of her life? They can't claim they're doing it to raise awareness anymore, because that goal has been achieved by Framing. So the only possible conclusion is that they're just jumping on the bandwagon in the most cynical way to generate clicks and earn $$$ off Britney, and off her problems and her suffering. Which is exactly what they're criticising the media of the 00s for. So imho, she's right, they are hypocritical, because in the end they're still just using her for their own monetary gains. Yet again, people that she doesn't know and that don't really know anything about her day-to-day life, are constructing a narrative about her beyond her own control. It's a different narrative this time round: now, she doesn't get painted as crazy or as a bad mother, but as a helpless victim. Which I think is potentially just as damaging, and has the same effect of taking away her control over her own narrative.

Even in For The Record she stated that she hates being portrayed as a victim, so her reaction does not surprise me. I can totally imagine that she finds it embarrassing, not to mention patronising, that she's being painted as a victim for all the world to see. Sure, she has been victimised and treated unfairly in many ways, but she's also so much more than just a victim, and with all these documentaries, people are at risk of forgetting that.

And to everyone who refuses to even entertain the idea that she wrote this caption herself: imagine if she did write it, and everyone refused to believe it was her? Aren't you then guilty of doing the same thing team C-ship has been doing all these years - silencing her and taking away her voice, refusing to listen to her because what she's saying isn't convenient to you?

• Love 3

I don't understand,  Britney can stand and answer questions that no one asked, but then something serious she post dancing and caption. For me, it very suspicious. 

Seriously, Britney can end it all in one video, yet she dance.... 

• Like 3

I think we also need to remember is unfortunately a conservatorship by now seems normal to Britney. I remember being 13 when she got into the c-ship and now I’m almost 27. It’s a very long time! she probably doesn’t know any different sadly. We’ll have to see what she says June 23rd 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
30 minutes ago, SkyNet said:

I don't understand,  Britney can stand and answer questions that no one asked, but then something serious she post dancing and caption. For me, it very suspicious. 

Seriously, Britney can end it all in one video, yet she dance.... 

Please don't kill me/drag me exhale.

On top of everything she uses a video where she looks unwell and borderline erratic.

boy... these messages are always so odd and somewhat cringe to read and reflect upon :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

it's so hard to know if she really writes any of these descriptions, either if she didn't write it at all there's something i sort of agree with. We as fans, along with all the waves this is moving and specially the media might be pressuring her mind and heart. I genuinely believe she might be in a positive mindset and trying to use her joyful soul as a way to cope and deal with life and sometimes I wonder "are we possibly making it worse for her?".

I wouldn't deal very well being reminded that frequently of my downfalls and that could set anyone back and get really annoying... so if she really wanted to spread the message across of "don't put emphasis on the bad, remember the good" i'm all here for it as long as things work out the best way for her and her happiness :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

• Love 1

By the way, I don't agree with her take. These documentaries have opened people's eyes. I get she takes it personal because it's her life and it's her suffering on all of those videos but I don't think the docs are being hypocritical - it is one thing to exploit Britney's suffering directly, and it's another thing to report on that suffering. Fans have been editing these types of videos for years, only difference now it's the NYT and the BBC doing them.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Lady-Princess said:

First, it was not a mental health facility : it was a rest house. Just check the website of the facility to understand what it is exactly. It's a place where you can cut from the rest of the world, enjoy gardens, no annoyance, no regular life worry, and you have appointments with psychiatrist upon request which is not mandatory. 

When you're under a conservatorship, of course you don't take your own decisions... So, of course, it's decided for her if she goes to a rest house. As many other stuff are decided for her. 

Again, she never said she wanted the conservatorship to be removed. She's only fighting for her father not to be involved in it. 

The delusion. 

Against her will.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, autumngoodbye91 said:

Honestly, I get where she's coming from. The amount of documentaries scheduled to come out doesn't sit easy with me either. One documentary, sure. But now awareness has been raised, people know about the conservatorship and about #FreeBritney, so arguably, the goal has been reached. What justification do these other documentaries have to keep rehashing, as Britney says, the most traumatic moments of her life? They can't claim they're doing it to raise awareness anymore, because that goal has been achieved by Framing. So the only possible conclusion is that they're just jumping on the bandwagon in the most cynical way to generate clicks and earn $$$ off Britney, and off her problems and her suffering. Which is exactly what they're criticising the media of the 00s for. So imho, she's right, they are hypocritical, because in the end they're still just using her for their own monetary gains. Yet again, people that she doesn't know and that don't really know anything about her day-to-day life, are constructing a narrative about her beyond her own control. It's a different narrative this time round: now, she doesn't get painted as crazy or as a bad mother, but as a helpless victim. Which I think is potentially just as damaging, and has the same effect of taking away her control over her own narrative.

Even in For The Record she stated that she hates being portrayed as a victim, so her reaction does not surprise me. I can totally imagine that she finds it embarrassing, not to mention patronising, that she's being painted as a victim for all the world to see. Sure, she has been victimised and treated unfairly in many ways, but she's also so much more than just a victim, and with all these documentaries, people are at risk of forgetting that.

And to everyone who refuses to even entertain the idea that she wrote this caption herself: imagine if she did write it, and everyone refused to believe it was her? Aren't you then guilty of doing the same thing team C-ship has been doing all these years - silencing her and taking away her voice, refusing to listen to her because what she's saying isn't convenient to you?

No, because all we want is for Britney to speak of her own choice. Ultimately, the reason people are cynical is because of her teams attempt to make similar statements via socials that were proven false, and court documents say her father owns the accounts.

• Love 3

Does anyone have some news on Billy B since Team CON's post on insta? Cause his account is private now.

Since day one I've been saying he's been catfished and now Im kinda worried about him - if thats the case of course. Old gay man being played by some random and exposing himself to media outlets truly believing he was in talks to Britney... it can get ugly, it would mess with insecurities that can trigger some types of thoughts and emotions :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

Edit: reading some posts here and :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Im gonna scream louder for the people in the back:

Baby One More Time LLC  = James Parnell Spears  = Cassie Petrey/Crowd Surf = Britney's Social Media :useeinthis_chew_eating_pink:

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Hungry Hun said:

Does anyone have some news on Billy B since Team CON's post on insta? Cause his account is private now.

Since day one I've been saying he's been catfished and now Im kinda worried about him - if thats the case of course. Old gay man being played by some random and exposing himself to media outlets truly believing he was in talks to Britney... it can get ugly, it would mess with insecurities that can trigger some types of thoughts and emotions :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

Billy B has worked with some of the biggest names in the industry for years. As much as people have their doubts over whether or not he's talking to Britney, let's not make it out that he's insane. Ultimately, he isn't saying he wants Britney free to work with her. He's saying she deserves her own freedom.

• Love 3
  • Like 2