Billie Eilish stuns in lingerie in Vogue

Well it just shows she is in fact another product of the industry.

They needed to create someone as an opposite of "pretty girlie girls" like Ariana and Dua etc.  and someone with more "darker" persona.

It is always like that. Just like they created Pink and Avril as opposite of Britney an Christina

To think anyone in this industry is true to themself is foolish, its about big money and they dont care what the artist want.

It is one big machine and you do what they tell you or you are out.

If You Say So Shrug GIF

• Love 2
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, MIKE_INT said:

Well it just shows she is in fact another product of the industry.

They needed to create someone as an opposite of "pretty girlie girls" like Ariana and Dua etc.  and someone with more "darker" persona.

It is always like that. Just like they created Pink and Avril as opposite of Britney an Christina

To think anyone in this industry is true to themself is foolish, its about big money and they dont care what the artist want.

It is one big machine and you do what they tell you or you are out.

If You Say So Shrug GIF

Unless you're fortunate enough to take things in control and open your own label and become THE boss as opposed to being bossed around by someone. It's all about the team you're surrounded with. If they care about you and your visions, they won't sell you out to a label unless you want to. 

Tricky business, often dark at its core. 

Calculated move to this next phase in her career to take photos like this and dye hair to blonde.

The pics come off as odd. The look does not suit her. Can this girl not smile and open her eyes fully? She looks dead here. The photographer most likely wanted **** and sultry but these pics come off as neither.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, jennyj said:

It was bound to happen.  Every 'tom boy' style girl in the music industry ends up doing the same thing and becoming more ***ualized or girly (Avril Lavigne, etc.).

I hope this is something she actually wanted to do and not pressured to do it as others girls had to do to stay relevant.....

Personally, I'm not a fan of the photos... they're overly-photoshopped and they made her look significantly older than she actually is... she's 19, not 40+.

Case in point: Selena Gomez.

She came to Hollywood claiming she was a tomboy who didnt like high heels and whose dream it was to start a rock band...

Nowadays she is the epitome of standard Hollywood. No true individuality left...

11 minutes ago, Illegally EATEN said:

Case in point: Selena Gomez.

She came to Hollywood claiming she was a tomboy who didnt like high heels and whose dream it was to start a rock band...

Nowadays she is the epitome of standard Hollywood. No true individuality left...

I mean lots of girls go trough Tomboy phase and get out if it lol.

I had best friend who was a tomboy the biggest one you'd know. And the moment she started to go to high-school she became the biggest s I have ever met lol. We even joke about it till this day 

• Like 1

I say good for her! Billie does not in any way seem like the type to allow anyone or management to advise her to dress this way . 

I think this is someone who has CHOSEN  to embrace her ***uality. And not even that , just to experiment with herself and for a 19 year old that is ok! I find it powerful after all the body shaming she goes through. I think the photos Slay . 

• Love 1

A lot of the responses in this thread are ******* annoying. What does her styling herself differently and showing more skin have to do with “selling out” or becoming “just another pop star?”

It’s 2021 and y’all still haven’t learned to let people, especially women, express themselves the way they want to without being judgmental. If you think, because she did one photoshoot showing skin and s** appeal, that she has suddenly lost all of her talent, her acclaim, her broken records, her music, her originality, then you didn’t know enough about her in the first place and you’re just plain closed-minded. 

Grow up and learn how to support other people for doing what makes them happy (assuming they’re not harming anyone else).

• Like 1

From my understanding, this seems like this was entirely Billie's choice. Her whole brand was around being the anti-pop star so I feel like if anything her team wouldn't want her going in this direction. She's always hinted that once she was a bit older she would be more comfortable showing more skin. Anyway I like how the photos came out. The hair and makeup is giving me Gaga 2019 grammy's and also oscars vibes.

grammys-beauty-14.jpg

Lady-Gaga-beauty-oscars-2019-emirates-wo

• Like 1

I understand that just because she is a human being she can do whatever she wants (in this case, to show or not to show skin, or to show it whenever and as many times as she wants)..... but she still showed her skin. That's the point. And that's not a minor point to make when taking a broader perspective; that is, the music industry. Every.single.famous.female.artist shows her skin at one time or another.

Let everybody do their own thing but please let's keep this pattern in sight because it's very telling.

PS: What I like about this whole thing is that I remember her taking some of her clothes off in a show some months ago before this photoshoot... THAT one time it felt different: it was spontaneous, honest, and even intimate (in her relationship with her fans, which she seems to be very thoughtful of). This, on the other hand, occurs in a totally different context: it's staged, presented to millions in magazine form (the power and symbolism of Vogue magazine is huge), it's photoshopped...

I won't talk about the clothes.

• Like 1

I also think it's interesting how one's image is cemented by the media, to the point that if an artist ever changes their mind or wants to explore or try new things, they have to go the opposite way that they used to to be able to break the mold and start a different conversation... I think it's these extremes that baffle people.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block