OMG. What's your reaction to the BBC's new Britney documentary?!

I forgot it was available on iPlayer from today! I'll need to catch it later. 

It sounds promising from your review. I like that they interviewed another family involved in a conservatorship, and it sounds like they shed light on corruption from their own experience. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

Is Lisa MacCarley in it?

• Like 1

I didn’t like the presenter very much. He was very dismissive of the fans from the moment he saw the death threats to Lou. I honestly don’t believe those death threats are even real or were sent by fans, but if they were then they weren’t sent by actual supporters of the movement. 

This hasn’t done much to help Britneys case, but I don’t think it’s really damaged it either so oh well. 

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, rennen said:

I forgot it was available on iPlayer from today! I'll need to catch it later. 

It sounds promising from your review. I like that they interviewed another family involved in a conservatorship, and it sounds like they shed light on corruption from their own experience. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

Is Lisa MacCarley in it?

The woman sheds light on how restrictive they can be and they harm they can do. 

Lisa is in it, but not for very long. She spoke sense as usual. 

• Love 4

It sounds like it was done from a less bias but informative POV. I’ll definitely enjoy it if so.
I’m happy it focuses more on the conservatorship vs. her victim status over the years. Hopefully this will further shift the conversation towards actual legalities and push the needle in the right direction.
I hope it whips sensitive fans into shape as well because rationally speaking, the fans need a reality check. This situation is comparable to diagnosing yourself with an illness via Google but from a legal perspective. Good review and I can’t wait to check it out. Thank you! :tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily:

• Love 3
  • Like 3

I totally see there are some points where it talks about the fans and the death threats/ ridiculous conspiracy theories etc make us look slightly wack.

But you have to remember that... that is the minority of the fan base (or at least what I like to tell myself ha!)

They also interviewed some amazing fans who are doing wonders for speaking up in a positive & mature way. So it shows both sides of the fan base in my opinion. 

You go on the directors twitter and there’s so many hateful tweets about boycotting it. Calling it ‘trash’ etc before even seeing it:sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever: due to people he chose to interview etc. It’s embarrassingly immature. Small number of cringe stans that are bringing us down. Everyone is just so built up at the moment though. So what can you do?!

But we will continue to spread positivity and constructive information- to help Britney & the movement :gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses:

• Love 5