OMG. What's your reaction to the BBC's new Britney documentary?!

1 hour ago, DuranDuran said:

It's interesting that prior to that post on Britney's insta, the reviews were pretty positive.

I watched it before her post and thought the same as the majority of the reviews. I personally didn't think it was well done...

so, firstly I remain with my idea that any attention to her conservatorship is good so more people get aware of things and have some compassion with Britney.
although, this documentary sounds way more dramatic than informative. there were moments I was honestly confused if this is pro-Britney or pro-conservatorship propaganda and that was quite uncomfortable to watch at times. The Billy B thing... barf. The Perez Hilton moment of victimisation... barf.

I just really hope these documentaries are enough to shine some light on court but yet, there's a lot left unknown to the general public and if there's any documentary that I actually believe they do go into it with precision is the docu-series by Deep Dive on Youtube (but I get it, that could never air into television or any official streaming service - they'd get sued in a blink of an eye) 

• Like 1
On 5/2/2021 at 12:04 PM, Hungry Hun said:

I watched this morning. Mobeen could have made a better job here and there but overal the docu turned out worthy to watch.

The part that he holds Lynne's book, saying he did read it, but not making a link to Lou and Jamie planning the conservatorship 6 weeks in advance doesnt make any sense. He then goes to talk that the movement thinks Lou is the mastermind - or at least someone that was actively there for its inception - and just leave as if its just a conspiracy theory... Mobeen, the words were there in that book. Lynne just painted the situation in different colors. 

And the fact that he had the court files with Jamie's declaration that Britney has dementia as the driving purporse of placing her in the conservatorship, but saying he wasnt able to track if the files were legit... All he needed was a credit card to pay for a copy of those papers or at least ask the #FreeBritney suporters he interviewed how to get them. After all, he is a BAFTA winning journalist. 

Billy and Brian surprised me. Mostly Billy. If he is fact in contact with Britney or not, that doesnt change the fact that what he said was touching. Its a narrative that we know - Britney says she is the happiest she has ever been whenever she gets the chance - and I do believe that in all these turmoil she found a place to heal. Otherwise she wouldnt be able to fight this battle as far as we know. 

But what the docu made clear, and I thank Mobeen for that, is to show how the system is flawd and open for exploitation. All in all, no documentary will be able to display everything that we know to the public. Its a lot. If the Netflix docu is a really a thing, I would like Erin Lee Carr to interview someone specialized in human trafficking cause after all, thats what Britney's conservatorship is. 

But Perez and the paparazzo part... disgusting. 

Absolutely agree. I got the impression that the journalist gave up doing his job after he read the death threats to Lou.

it was good that they touched new ground compared to the other documentary but.. it could have been done better.

I feel like his intentions were well meant but he spent too much time equating fan activism with conspiracy theories, and NDA sealed control with truth and honesty.

I mean, he questioned court documents, but accepted a loaded 15 page legal documents with responses from lou's legal team, in response to an invitation; a yes or no question.

That should have set alarm bells off.

I understand that they have to be careful, but rock the boat, team con don't have a leg to stand on.

• Like 1