Battle Of The Pop Stars Round 3: Lady Gaga vs. Rihanna

Who do you like best?   

148 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Content Curators
Just now, Blackout2006 said:

Considering that there is actually a 1% LOUD community that actually hates Rihanna, yes sweetie she had to :riri_rihanna_take_bow_wink_flirt_hand_white:

Easily the good ones and by a landslide :rihit_rihanna_annoyed_throw_walk_away_bye_irritated_mad:

I guess we measure our standards differently then :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

• Haha 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

15 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

I loved Chromatica and I felt it was something new done by her. I mean, have we heard 90s house anywhere in her pre-chromatica catalog? So even though it kind of felt like an artistic regression, it was still something experimental and new no? However, we really need a pure disco album from her because she really embraces and has a love for that genre :drinky_cheers_wine_smoke_bubbles_sunglasses_nod_tea_sip:

I love 90s house but idk, Chromatica felt a bit underwhelming, it's basically house music without the exciting aspects of it

24 minutes ago, Midnight said:

Yes I am aware, the difference is in the talent though. 

Yes Britney is also a pop product but, originally she was great singer and she was a natural born dancer. Her talent is undeniable.

Lady Gaga isn't the greatest singer but her voice outstands, she writes her own music, she sings live and she's a decent dancer.

Rihanna is lucky to have such loyal fans, with that nasty atitude and annoying voice it baffles me how she managed to sell so much honestly.

For me Rihanna improves and gets better with each new album while Gaga is very hit or miss, sometimes Gaga will release a good track then the next year she releases something like Perfect Illusion, she's very random, she never really surpassed TFM quality-wise after all these years.

• Love 4
  • Content Curators
4 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Oh yes! yours being lower obviously :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

3 minutes ago, Dreams said:

I love 90s house but idk, Chromatica felt a bit underwhelming, it's basically house music without the exciting aspects of it

For me Rihanna improves and gets better with each new album while Gaga is very hit or miss, sometimes Gaga will release a good track then the next year she releases something like Perfect Illusion, she's very random, she never really surpassed TFM quality-wise after all these years.

Who do you guys think should go up against Rihanna next week? :fran_frog_meme_green:

• Haha 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

2 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

I see where you are coming. So then which genre you think she should venture into next?

Ohhh, now this is an interesting question. Lady Gaga's biggest strength is that she is able to master several musical styles with ease. Like she went from dancepop to jazz, to country, she also covered some metal and rock songs several times. I think she should make a multigenre/post-genre album when she mixes all her different influences, i don't know if you're familiar with artists like Poppy or Babymetal ? Their concept is that they go from pop, to trap/hip-hop to metal in the same song, I wish Gaga would do that too.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Dreams said:

You're on a Britney Spears fan forum so it's a bit weird to blame Rihanna for being a pop product. :ohdear_britney_glory_dear,_fingers_hand_face_orange_hide_uh_oh:

7 hours ago, Midnight said:

Yes I am aware, the difference is in the talent though. 

Yes Britney is also a pop product but, originally she was great singer and she was a natural born dancer. Her talent is undeniable.

Lady Gaga isn't the greatest singer but her voice outstands, she writes her own music, she sings live and she's a decent dancer.

Rihanna is lucky to have such loyal fans, with that nasty atitude and annoying voice it baffles me how she managed to sell so much honestly.

The audacity to be on a Britney Spears form and claim she's a pop product. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Like said, they are all brands. But Britney's ideas were how that brand would shape, similar to other artists. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Dreams said:

Chromatica kinda felt like a step back/artistic regression, it's like she was forced to please all the fans who wanted a pop album from her, i saw no passion from her, she seems more passionate when she sings Jazz and Country :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

I feel like Gaga is kinda stuck in a certain formula when she does pop music and doesn't know how to go further?

Honest, I feel like so many people think Gaga gives off an aura that is above pop music nowadays but that makes no sense because she literally started off by hating that image of pop being uncool. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Honest, I feel like so many people think Gaga gives off an aura that is above pop music nowadays but that makes no sense because she literally started off by hating that image of pop being uncool. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

Yeah, it's kinda weird how she started off with this whole "pop music will never be low brow" thing and then became the exact opposite with Cheek To Cheek/Joanne/A Star is born , i mean good for her, people change, but Gaga never really feels genuine, even when she does Jazz it feels like she's playing another alter-ego/character, am i the only one who feels this way?

• Love 1
  • Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block