Battle Of The Pop Stars Round 3: Lady Gaga vs. Rihanna

Who do you like best?   

148 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This one's easy: Gaga. I like most of Rihanna's albums because her bops are guilty pleasures, but I have little to no respect for Rihanna as an artist given that she doesn't produce her music, write her own songs (changing a lyric here and there doesn't count), dance or sing particularly well. She's rich and pretty and she used to be entertaining on Twitter a decade ago, but that doesn't translate into musical talent. 

Also as petty as it may sound, I'll never forgive Rihanna for collaborating with CB on the Birthday Cake remix and Nobody's Business after what he did to her. It sent a really bad message to women who may've also experienced domestic abuse, and Rihanna should've known better.

• Love 2
  • Content Curators
4 hours ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

I do 

Hide contents

tumblr_ox5gzzgllr1vjpljgo1_400.gifv

:jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

Hide contents

I love Gaga but Riri just wins this round because she is a POP STAR. She's become HUGE in the past 10 years and her past few albums have been amazing. Just wait till she drops the new stuff. She's got a bad ***** energy while Gaga for me is more like a rockstar. And because we're talking about pop here, I think the bad B energy wins. :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

Hide contents

tenor.gif

Hide contents

JK, love you :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

Hide contents

27274547.gif

:riri_rihanna_take_bow_wink_flirt_hand_white:

:omgreallyney_britney_oh_omg_god_my_shocked_wow_really_in_the_zone_2003:

Spoiler

Okay okay I see what your saying 

and I-

Spoiler

tenor.gif

Spoiler

wait a minute, wait a minute, hold up

giphy.gif?cid=790b76111b8ed1bedc51ec3807

Spoiler

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ivtupio3vpl044g8hi

Spoiler

:juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:

giphy.gif?cid=790b761175797e9cb96746f555

:queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

• Haha 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

• Content Curators
3 hours ago, Groundbreaking said:

This one is hard one tbh. I like both ladies. Both of them have bops. Both of them are iconic. However, Gaga is more vocally and generally more talented. She has a good heart. On the contrary, I like Rihanna's voice more. She has that cool attitude etc. 

Both have done something that made me question them as well as they both have made something that made me to appreciate them more.

As for acting. I saw both of them acting and I enjoyed Gaga's acting more (in AHS). 

Both have bops, both have flops and both have fillers. Ugh, why don't we have that male star battle or whatsoever. It was easier to pick one. 

:mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

I'm sorry for putting you throught this. :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support: Now you can vote for whoever you want,don't let me sway your vote but just keep in mind that your vote will have an effect on our friendship.

Spoiler

No pressure :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

Spoiler

Vote for Gaga :sipnstare_coffee_mug_tea_sipping_spilling_red:

Spoiler

lady-gaga.jpg?itok=lNj2czFb

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

• Content Curators
1 hour ago, Britney'sBish said:

Sorry Rihanna doesn't have 20% of the talent Gaga does.

Plus Gaga's discography is much better.

Rihanna's hits were just paid for. If you listen to all the demos of her biggest hits she barely added anything.

You just :melt_weird_drift_wow: I- :melt_weird_drift_wow: 

There he comes once again to just  :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom: this thread with nothing but facts.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Midnight said:

You just :melt_weird_drift_wow: I- :melt_weird_drift_wow: 

There he comes once again to just  :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom: this thread with nothing but facts.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Rihanna, but as an artist she really doesn't bring much to the table...

Her vocals aren't that great, but they are distinct.

She can't really dance for anything.

Her biggest hits could have been hits in anyone's hands. Esther Dean purposely did the demos sounding flat, so whoever sang it could expand on it and if it leaked they wouldn't look talentless.

Gaga pours everything into her craft, Rihanna can't be bothered with new music.

There's really only one right answer here, and it's not even a diss just facts.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Midnight said:

Exactly this, Rihanna is a pop product, she's not that great of a singer and she's also not a good dancer.

You're on a Britney Spears fan forum so it's a bit weird to blame Rihanna for being a pop product. :ohdear_britney_glory_dear,_fingers_hand_face_orange_hide_uh_oh:

All mainstream artists are products even Adele, Lana Del Rey etc. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

When you sign a million dollar contract with a major record company you kinda become a business/brand with thousands of employees and a team who will work hard in order to sell you. You have to make profits, numbers, otherwise the megacorp record label will throw you out :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Dreams said:

I'm gonna go with Rihanna simply because everything she does seems more effortless, she never tries to be something she's not, she seems more genuine and real, and i also grew up with her music, i literally experienced all of her eras from 2005 to now, i remember when i was in fourth grade me and my classmates made a dance routine to Break it Off (ft Sean Paul), it was a very fun time.

And also i think Rihanna has better songs and a more interesting voice tone.. She has a very unique and distinctive voice. I love the caribbean influence in her music. Also, Gaga will never make a song as good as James Joint.

Rihanna has better fashion and outfits too.

Gaga may write her own songs but that doesn't make them good sorry...

:well_cookie_monster_point_blue_black:

Also, #LG6 didn't even have half of the hype than #R9 has so it already shows you who the clear winner is :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
18 hours ago, Style. said:

Diamonds is one of the best pop songs I ever heard in my life so yeah take that! It’s hard to describe Rihanna ‘cause she’s one of the goats and I grew up with her bops. She’s the realest! :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

Loud is the first CD I ever bought tho. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

OMG which reminds me, I need LOUD in my vinyl collection :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

• Love 2
  • Content Curators
8 minutes ago, Dreams said:

You're on a Britney Spears fan forum so it's a bit weird to blame Rihanna for being a pop product. :ohdear_britney_glory_dear,_fingers_hand_face_orange_hide_uh_oh:

All mainstream artists are products even Adele, Lana Del Rey etc. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Yes I am aware, the difference is in the talent though. 

Yes Britney is also a pop product but, originally she was great singer and she was a natural born dancer. Her talent is undeniable.

Lady Gaga isn't the greatest singer but her voice outstands, she writes her own music, she sings live and she's a decent dancer.

Rihanna is lucky to have such loyal fans, with that nasty atitude and annoying voice it baffles me how she managed to sell so much honestly.

• Content Curators
7 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

I- not great of a singer? :imacat_cat_hiss_meme_white_kitty_mad:

Ma'am are you stuck in 2009? :imacat_cat_hiss_meme_white_kitty_mad:

In what world is Rihanna considered great singer? :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

Spoiler

In your flop taste world perhaps? :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

:well_cookie_monster_point_blue_black:

Also, #LG6 didn't even have half of the hype than #R9 has so it already shows you who the clear winner is :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Chromatica kinda felt like a step back/artistic regression, it's like she was forced to please all the fans who wanted a pop album from her, i saw no passion from her, she seems more passionate when she sings Jazz and Country :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

I feel like Gaga is kinda stuck in a certain formula when she does pop music and doesn't know how to go further?

• Love 1
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Dreams said:

Chromatica kinda felt like a step back/artistic regression, it's like she was forced to please all the fans who wanted a pop album from her, i saw no passion from her, she seems more passionate when she sings Jazz and Country :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

I feel like Gaga is kinda stuck in a certain formula when she does pop music and doesn't know how to go further?

I loved Chromatica and I felt it was something new done by her. I mean, have we heard 90s house anywhere in her pre-chromatica catalog? So even though it kind of felt like an artistic regression, it was still something experimental and new no? However, we really need a pure disco album from her because she really embraces and has a love for that genre :drinky_cheers_wine_smoke_bubbles_sunglasses_nod_tea_sip:

• Content Curators
4 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

It is not that I am claiming that she is a singer of Whitney Houston's level, but she has proven in various occasions that the gurl can sing :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

So she had to prove herself? :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: 

Now which moments outweigh, the good ones or the bad ones? :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Edited by Midnight
  • Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block