Ranking Every Janet Jackson Album

Every Janet Jackson album ranked. Do you agree, Exhale?

List here:

Spoiler

11. "Dream Street"
10. "Janet Jackson"
9. "20 Y.O."
8. "Discipline"
7. "Control"
6. "Unbreakable"
5. "Damita Jo"
4. "All For You"
3. "Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation 1814"
2. "The Velvet Rope"
1. "janet."

janet-albums.jpg.2374b217643875239e2fcde3e380bf9f.jpgjanet-albums.jpg.2374b217643875239e2fcde3e380bf9f.jpg

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Leolileinstein said:

The velvet rope 

Control

RN1814

Janet 93

All for you

Discipline 

Damita jo

Unbreakable 

20 yo

I came on to give my two cents about the article - was gonna say control should def be higher!!! And I saw ur list and I think I’m the exact same. Flawless choices. Including that space for 20 YO lollllll 

unbreakable was very underrated - better than I thought it was going to be. and I was looking forward to black diamond! I hope that comes out this year but I somehow doubt it. 

• Love 1

Omg, I only just listened to the "Discipline" album, and yesterday I played the whole "Unbreakable" record! I love Janet!! She's such an icon. But I'm old school and I kinda need to have physical CDs (I know, I'm OLD!) to really get into them, and I only own "Damita Jo", "20 Y.O.", "Discipline", and "Unbreakable"... :( That's so sad... Also, those are apparently her lowest rated albums haha

What a lovely surprise to find this thread here today! As a big Britney forum, we should be talking about Janet all the time, honestly... I'm a huuuuuge Britney fan, and I can see everything that Janet inspired her, consciously and unconsciously (even the article acknowledges that), but unfortunately I still haven't totally dived into her older material (I know her from "All For You" onwards, so pretty late in her career really) so I don't feel like I can rate them now...

On 4/30/2021 at 5:33 PM, AOLUV said:
Every Janet Jackson album ranked. Do you agree, Exhale?

List here:

Hide contents

11. "Dream Street"
10. "Janet Jackson"
9. "20 Y.O."
8. "Discipline"
7. "Control"
6. "Unbreakable"
5. "Damita Jo"
4. "All For You"
3. "Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation 1814"
2. "The Velvet Rope"
1. "janet."

janet-albums.jpg.2374b217643875239e2fcde3e380bf9f.jpgjanet-albums.jpg.2374b217643875239e2fcde3e380bf9f.jpg

That’s about accurate, except switch “Discipline” and “20 Y.O.”

On 5/2/2021 at 7:47 AM, patr!ckjean said:

I really, REALLY need to explore more of her music. The only album of hers I’ve owned and listened to start to finish (a million billion times btw) is Unbreakable. I liiiive for it. 

Start with Control and just listen to the albums in order after there you will Stan control most likely

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block