Is ''Gimme More'' experiencing its ''rebirth''?

It seems like Britney's iconic hit ''Gimme More'' is experiencing rebirth. Why?

• Despite being released in 2007, Gimme More has received over 10 Million streams this month alone
  • It's the most streamed 2000s song by female artist on Spotify for days, receiving around 600k streams everyday   
  • It's trending on TikTok, it was used 1.2M times in people's videos 
  • People create a lot of remixes, mashups using this song due to TikTok 
  • It was in new Netflix show ''Ginny & Georgia'':
  • It was used in RuPaul's Drag Race few days ago:

Edit:

• It's featured in trailer of new documentary about Britney:

People are really interested in this song right now. Can we judge them? No. It obviously was a huge iconic hit before all of that but it really seems like ''Gimme More'' is experiencing rebirth. It's Britney, *****! And we want more.

Thoughts? 

MV5BZjQzYjJhZjQtZjQ3OS00NDc2LWI5MDItMGZk

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, JackSProductions said:

Circus is becoming huge on TikTok too... I seriously think with the Y2K trend coming back Britney would be absolutely on fire huge again if she decided to come back

This! Call me crazy but it seems TikTok is ready to embark on their Britney Spears era. They made Gimme More go viral, Circus is having its moment and lets not forget Criminal and If You Seek Amy also went viral in the past and since then, those 2 tracks have been consistenly in her top10 on Spotify. 

Like or not, the platform dictates a lot of whats on the charts. Lizzo got popular because Truth Hurts went viral there first, and then she was able to rise using somewhat old music. Old Town Road also became a massive TikTok hit and then Lil Nas was able to take the charts by storm.

If there's somehow an agenda in favor of Britney by tiktokers themselves (cause they are very organized) to make her music popular among the new generation, Im all in. Her songs are perfect for them: they are dancable and have iconic pick up lines. 

• Love 3
  • Like 3

What I think it is, is that people love the “It’s Britney *****” line and if you notice, between Gimme More, Scream & Shout, and Work *****, they’ve all grown more popular over the years. Gimme More is the OG though and personally the best “*****” line. The song is infectious and I’m happy more people are getting to enjoy it. Seems like the new thing is to rehash old **** from female pop icons. As I’m sure most of you know, Artpop had a heavy resurgence and Act2 is allegedly coming soon. 
I’d love if we as a fan base could get Blackout to that number 1 spot all these years later. It beyond deserves it and if any time was right it would be now lol.

Btw Gimme More is literally flawless. Perfection. What they intended to create was done immaculately and the raw emotion REALLY makes this song special. I could go on and on about why but it’s literally THAT good for any genre of music or artist. Bravo once again for the millionth time Brit. You outdid yourself and I’d be the luckiest man alive if I heard a song that tops this one.

❤️🖤🤍

• Love 5
  • Super Mods

Also, coming here to say that I am TRIGGERED by Gen Z not understanding that the Step On Up remix (which is phenomenal, if I must say) features Gimme More’s instrumental. Like they think the remix is the original!!! :meltdown_panic_scream_falling_die_ahh_scream_yell: aka they completely don’t realize that the instrumental is the iconic GIMME MORE!! :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

Related because this remix was also a trending song on TikTok recently… :rihit_rihanna_annoyed_throw_walk_away_bye_irritated_mad:

• Like 2
11 hours ago, SlayOut said:

Also, coming here to say that I am TRIGGERED by Gen Z not understanding that the Step On Up remix (which is phenomenal, if I must say) features Gimme More’s instrumental. Like they think the remix is the original!!! :meltdown_panic_scream_falling_die_ahh_scream_yell: aka they completely don’t realize that the instrumental is the iconic GIMME MORE!! :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

Related because this remix was also a trending song on TikTok recently… :rihit_rihanna_annoyed_throw_walk_away_bye_irritated_mad:

Hey now that you mention it, Gimme More does sound like that song! I never noticed the similarities. I wonder if Britney was influenced by Ariana a bit?