Brian Friedman discusses Britney on 'Lorraine' ahead of upcoming BBC documentary (video)

I understand why he doesn't want to get in to it, but I would love to hear why he thinks the conservatorship was necessary in the beginning. I think we can all agree she definitely needed some help back then, but knowing what we now know about conservatorships, it's an extremely harsh approach to take. It's curious to me that in 2021 someone would still say it was necessary for her when based on what's out there, it's clear it wasn't. He must know something we don't. 

• Like 1

I want to thank Brian for speaking up on situation. He clearly said that back it might had been reasons for cship but know she does need her basic rights. She deserves to have friends and not being monitored all the time. Also the interviewers words about if it was ok it won"t be any court battles cause there were no need for that r so true

17 minutes ago, phareezy said:

He must know something we don't. 

I'm not sure he knows much more than we do, actually. He himself said in 2011,  when he choreographed "Hold it Against Me" that he hadn't been in close contact with Brit for 5 years. So...

While Alli, who was in close contact at that time with Britney, and this is what she said:

• Like 3
3 hours ago, b42ad said:

I know they covered her personal life AND career in this segment but it does worry me when anyone discusses her father controlling her career over the fact she has practically no civil liberties whatsoever. I feel like it removes focus from the true reason the movement exists. And anyway, if she was free she'd be able to run her career however she liked (contractual obligations aside) or retire, so that would come with the conservatorship ending anyway.

It’s hard to go after the real bad guys so publicly without huge legal ramifications 

they chose Jamie as the fall guy from the start

4 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

He's someone who knows her a hell of a lot better than her fans do. 

Those closest to her are allowed to hold this opinion, because they're the people who care about her the most and have her absolute best interests at heart.

Fans need to give them a break and let them speak.

Conservatorships don't have to be what Team CON has made it to be. They're the ones who have broken and twisted the laws to fit their nefarious agendas.

But there's a limit, I reckon. Lance Bass also knew her but it seemed like he didn't know anything about Britney post-conservatorship (and mostly importantly, Britney post-2005). I doubt Brian knows it either.

On how isolated she is, they're very good sources. For anything else, they're probably not.

• Like 5
40 minutes ago, Applejack said:

But there's a limit, I reckon. Lance Bass also knew her but it seemed like he didn't know anything about Britney post-conservatorship (and mostly importantly, Britney post-2005). I doubt Brian knows it either.

On how isolated she is, they're very good sources. For anything else, they're probably not.

Agreed.

They're actually great sources on how isolated she is...Brian's statement about not being alone with her in a room since the early 2000's is actually quite powerful!

But both Brian and Lance know her personally...so their feelings towards the conservatorship are going to be much more complex and nuanced than that of the fans.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, MathCarmignani said:

This thread is gonna be very messy for what he says about the beginning of the cship :neydedance_purple:

Hide contents

But that second half tho :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

I keep saying this like a broken record, but the thing is a lot of people think "Britney needed help" equals to "Britney needed a conservatorship", when that's far from true. Conservatorships simply aren't something that people hear very often, and he himself confesses he didn't / doesn't understand the full scope of one.

When you know what a conservatorship is actually for, the kind of people they are intended for, and that there are many other legal resources that could've helped her as well without stripping her from her rights and freedom, that's when you realize that it simply shouldn't have happened in the first place, let alone last for 13+ years.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
13 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I keep saying this like a broken record, but the thing is a lot of people think "Britney needed help" equals to "Britney needed a conservatorship", when that's far from true. Conservatorships simply aren't something that people hear very often, and he himself confesses he didn't / doesn't understand the full scope of one.

When you know what a conservatorship is actually for, the kind of people they are intended for, and that there are many other legal resources that could've helped her as well without stripping her from her rights and freedom, that's when you realize that it simply shouldn't have happened in the first place, let alone last for 13+ years.

Here's where "the movement" can help the most, IMO...Probate reform.

I've read over the suggestions others have made for what might have helped Britney back in early 2008, and I still haven't seen a single "tool in the toolbox" that was available at the time that might have been appropriate for her unique situation. She was rejecting absolutely everything, yet so many people who know her personally have commented that there needed to be some kind of intervention. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a legal mechanism that existed at the time, or even today, that would have been a good fit.

That's where probate reform and people like Lisa MacCarley can come in...To change and shape the laws to make them work in situations like Britney's.

Conservatorships don't have to be heavy handed, or so hard to get out of...It's only the existing probate laws + Team CON's breaking of the laws + their nefarious intentions that have made this situation what it is today.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Steel Magnolia said:

She was rejecting absolutely everything

This is not a fact, but just assumption. So it should not be presented as a fact.

We do not know what happened behind closed doors. Brain also does not know, because according to his own words, they were not close at that time. But for example we know that she agreed to see a mental-health therapist a week or two before she was placed in temporary Cship. This one fact already suggests that she wasn't rejecting absolutely everything.

Alli, who was in close contact with Britney at that time, said this:

And also Brit was giving dance classes to kids 6 days after she was released from the second 5150 hold (https://extratv.com/2008/02/12/britney-teaches-dance-class-for-kids/) I.e. she was not so out of control, as team Con wanted to present it.

On 5/1/2021 at 10:58 AM, DuranDuran said:

This is not a fact, but just assumption. So it should not be presented as a fact.

We do not know what happened behind closed doors. Brain also does not know, because according to his own words, they were not close at that time. But for example we know that she agreed to see a mental-health therapist a week or two before she was placed in temporary Cship. This one fact already suggests that she wasn't rejecting absolutely everything.

Alli, who was in close contact with Britney at that time, said this:

And also Brit was giving dance classes to kids 6 days after she was released from the second 5150 hold (https://extratv.com/2008/02/12/britney-teaches-dance-class-for-kids/) I.e. she was not so out of control, as team Con wanted to present it.

It's not that Britney was "out of control," but was making increasingly poor decisions that were having a detrimental impact on her life.

She may have been teaching dance classes to kids six days after being released from the second 5150, but she bailed on a court hearing for her own children just days before that same 5150.

Alli wasn't by Britney's side when she was "on top"...For the most part, Alli entered her life when she was already nearing rock bottom....Compare that to Brian, who knew Britney when she was "on top" and in complete control.

Alli was forced out of Britney's life, so she's going to view things from a certain perspective...She's going to feel a certain way about the conservatorship...Which makes sense...

But what if the conservatorship didn't mean all of these people (Alli, Brian, Wade, Andre, etc.) were cut off from her? What if Jamie had allowed them all to stay in contact as part of Britney's own rehabilitation?

The conservatorship truly didn't have to play out the way it did...Had the laws been different, and with the correct people at the helm (e.g. Lynne or Fe) it could have been a time of healing for her...and then it would have been over and done with, and we wouldn't even be discussing it in 2021.