Would "Blur" Be Canceled In This Current Climate?

If Blur were to get cancelled so would half of her controversial catalogue of music lol. Especially Slave or any of her quirky s** singles like IUSA or 3. Britney always owned her identity ***ual or not and that’s exactly what an artists should do. I find cancel culture extremely ignorant and it’s turning our culture into sheltered little *****es. 

44 minutes ago, TakeYourHand said:

If Blur were to get cancelled so would half of her controversial catalogue of music lol. Especially Slave or any of her quirky s** singles like IUSA or 3. Britney always owned her identity ***ual or not and that’s exactly what an artists should do. I find cancel culture extremely ignorant and it’s turning our culture into sheltered little *****es. 

Exactly. You'd then have to cancel 99% of the catalogs of Ariana, Beyonce, Rihanna, Gaga, etc. There's a huge difference between a man releasing a song bragging about taking advantage similar to Trump's infamous "grab her by the ....." tape and one released by a woman who owns her s*xuality and decisions and turns them into art. 

super bowl beyonce GIF

Hear me out. I feel like this song could be viral on tiktok because it has a chill vibe to it. This song could play while a video collage of Gen Zs partying and giving that aesthetically pleasing 90s vibe to it. Especially during the chorus of the song. The grainy pics and “disposable cameras” picture effect to it.  Idk, I’m high right now lol

2 hours ago, britneyluv said:

Exactly. You'd then have to cancel 99% of the catalogs of Ariana, Beyonce, Rihanna, Gaga, etc. There's a huge difference between a man releasing a song bragging about taking advantage similar to Trump's infamous "grab her by the ....." tape and one released by a woman who owns her s*xuality and decisions and turns them into art. 

super bowl beyonce GIF

For me it’s not even about any labels, man or women. President or civilian. It’s just about having something g to say and relaying that message through the art. When you have something to say and you put the work in, it’s genuine and always has a better reaction.

30 minutes ago, TakeYourHand said:

For me it’s not even about any labels, man or women. President or civilian. It’s just about having something g to say and relaying that message through the art. When you have something to say and you put the work in, it’s genuine and always has a better reaction.

True, all I meant was that you have our (thankfully former) President bragging about how he can ***ually assault women without consequences. That's much different than Britney singing about having a one night stand that might be a blur but one she consented to. Only one of those should be cancelled, and it's not difficult to figure out which one.