Billie Eilish dropssss the "Your Power" music video

Towelney

Just now, ynot8000 said:

Did anyone else notice all the Britney references in this video? The pants/shoes combo laced up like the "Britney" album cover. The snake, the blonde hair, the Im not a girl, not yet a woman of it all 

And the song lyrically compliments what Britney is going through with gaining back control and power.

2 hours ago, ynot8000 said:

And the song lyrically compliments what Britney is going through with gaining back control and power.

Lyrically, the song is about adults who abuse and groom minors. The Britney reference would thus be a whole lot darker than just Britney regaining her control. If I'm going to throw my two cents in the on the references, I'd say it alludes to the way adults in influential positions treated Britney for the vast majority of her adolescence/late adolecent years. Never forgot the woman was positioned to be a "s** symbol" at the age of 17. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

...what? Oh wow...... Can we please acknowledge the fact that this is a 19 year old young woman putting her heart on her sleeve? I know thirty year old men who can't make a sentence about how they feel.

And yes, Britney's impact of course.

Thank u from defending her. Sometimes, not all music has to be pop, upbeat and happy like many members here expect it to be. We even sometimes need dark songs to keep us in reality. Idk why people here are being so ignorant.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Lizardface said:

I don’t see any talent in Taylor, sorry. She’s below basic. I don’t get it 

You’re entitled to your opinion. But to me it sounds like you haven’t even given her a chance. Her last two albums (folklore + evermore) are masterpieces. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, 1stopBopshop said:

Lyrically, the song is about adults who abuse and groom minors. The Britney reference would thus be a whole lot darker than just Britney regaining her control. If I'm going to throw my two cents in the on the references, I'd say it alludes to the way adults in influential positions treated Britney for the vast majority of her adolescence/late adolecent years. Never forgot the woman was positioned to be a "s** symbol" at the age of 17. 

For sure! Someone said that the snake represented us, society, the fame, and how now its suffocating her! 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block