Reese Witherspoon says the media painted her as a good girl compared to bad girls like Britney Spears

ResseBritney.thumb.JPG.95def00c04b51c91572632e84c82d173.JPG

Reese Witherspoon reflects on her stardom. She remembers a time where the tabloids and media painted her as a good girl, versus how they portrayed Britney.

"My children will tell you stories about being in preschool and people climbing on the roofs of our cars," she told TIME. 

She remembers around 2008 the media branded her and others like Jennifer Garner as "good" while Britney, Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton were labeled "bad." Reese says that changed the trajectory of these women's' careers. 

"What if the media had decided I was something else? I would be in a totally different position," she says. 

"I want to say it's my decisions or the career choices I made, but it felt very arbitrary. And kind of sh---ty."

18 minutes ago, 2K16NEY said:

I love how all these celebs are turning the Hulu doc into an introspective moment instead of talking about how obscene and unlawful this conservativorship is. 

These celebs are all narcissistic and unintelligent.

THIS.So tiring to hear others make the documentary all about them and many don't know the extent of Britney's case but want to add ignorant comments on how they didn't get mixed up "with ***** and that type of lifestyle." Like please don't comment on someone's life and struggles that you know nothing about:tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:.

• Love 1
  • Like 3

I remember the video of her yelling on the officer smth like do u know who i am. Her husband was drunk too. And then she apologized. I think she was way more mature than Britney at a time who lost her freedom at her 20s bc of the partying and other stuff.

• Love 1

That is very true. I think Reese filed for divorce with Ryan Phillippe like 2 weeks before Britney divorced K-Fed back in 2006, yet both of these men had bad reputation (bad boys) even though it was worse for K-Fed, but the way the media treated the both of them just shows of much the media always wanted to put Britney down, ever since she was young, judging her for being too **** etc.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, 2K16NEY said:

I love how all these celebs are turning the Hulu doc into an introspective moment instead of talking about how obscene and unlawful this conservativorship is. 

Right it’s like comment on her having zero rights and how absurd it is not about oh poor me paparazzi stalked me :gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses:

1 hour ago, NewDisplayName said:

Glad that she admitted it (Again - why so much hate guys?! She literally said that media was unfair and did Brit wrong)

we want more of celebs to speak about that and also about other celebs who treated Britney wrong (for no reason)

This. I don't know why people are being so cruel and nitpick every little detail a celebrity has said in an interview. I feel like until a celebrity screams 'Free Britney and f her father' some folks in here will never be happy when someone expresses their sympathy/empathy to Britney. I didn't see anything bad come out of Reese about Britney and yet the comments here make it seem otherwise. Get a grip, please. 

Also, I highly recommend The Morning Show on AppleTV featuring Reese, Jen Aniston, and Steve Carell. It's very well made and both women are co-producers. They've admitted that they've invested money from themselves into that project, so they're very hands on with the production. The show talks a lot about #MeToo and the power dynamics in the workplace. 

• Love 7
  • Like 1
18 hours ago, 2K16NEY said:

To br fair. Framing Britney barely touched conservator issue. Main focus was medias treatment of Britney Spears 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

This. I don't know why people are being so cruel and nitpick every little detail a celebrity has said in an interview. I feel like until a celebrity screams 'Free Britney and f her father' some folks in here will never be happy when someone expresses their sympathy/empathy to Britney. I didn't see anything bad come out of Reese about Britney and yet the comments here make it seem otherwise. Get a grip, please. 

Also, I highly recommend The Morning Show on AppleTV featuring Reese, Jen Aniston, and Steve Carell. It's very well made and both women are co-producers. They've admitted that they've invested money from themselves into that project, so they're very hands on with the production. The show talks a lot about #MeToo and the power dynamics in the workplace. 

Because you cannot ever please this stan base.

• Love 1