Reese Witherspoon says the media painted her as a good girl compared to bad girls like Britney Spears

11 hours ago, DougFrmBrazil said:

Honey, Reese is being petty in that comment that’s why she’s being criticized here. Every week a new celebrity is using Britney to make a headline about themselves. 

Britney is being exploited for personal gains by other celebs.

That’s the main issue here. Everyone says know how they relate to what’s happening to Britney. 

FreeBritney should be the new Me Too.

Hunny no, just no.

I had to go back and re-read what she said multiple times thinking I missed something because of how the first couple comments reacted lmao. Y’all are insane. She is defending Britney (and the other girls she listed) in saying that the media has a huge hand in public opinion, and that it isn’t right. I don’t see how that’s wrong? She is acknowledging her own privilege of being supported by the industry while other women are ripped apart. Honestly more celebrities labeled as ‘good’ should do the same. 

I do not detect any lies in Reese's speech. As a matter of fact, I remember Entertainment Tonight (ET) who compared the income of "good Hollywood girls" vs "bad Hollywood girls" in 2008. Miley and Selena were in the good category, while Britney, Paris, and Lindsay were in the bad . And they concluded that being a good Hollywood girls makes more money. I searched for the video, could not find it. They must have taken it down.  It was a mess!

Reese is right, that is how the media portrayed Britney, Paris, and Lindsay back in the tabloids day.   

On 4/28/2021 at 10:25 AM, Mannequin* said:

Oh Reese... nobody really cares what you think XDD sorry baby

On 4/29/2021 at 5:13 AM, brintyjoan said:

I love her, but this is stupid

On 4/29/2021 at 1:51 AM, WhatTheHellWhoCares? said:

Girl no one was comparing you two 🤨

So much unnecessary negativity. Her message is important. For her to say her success (which is remarkable) cannot be solely attributed to her actions implies that Britney's decline should not be blamed on Britney, which has been the narrative for the last decade plus.

On 4/28/2021 at 12:21 PM, icybaby said:

I remember the video of her yelling on the officer smth like do u know who i am. Her husband was drunk too. And then she apologized. I think she was way more mature than Britney at a time who lost her freedom at her 20s bc of the partying and other stuff.

I came in here to say this. I was a fan until that video was leaked. Entitled and obnoxious woman. 

On 5/1/2021 at 5:58 PM, dritney said:

So much unnecessary negativity. Her message is important. For her to say her success (which is remarkable) cannot be solely attributed to her actions implies that Britney's decline should not be blamed on Britney, which has been the narrative for the last decade plus.

No girl, Let me stop you right now.

She is making a non sense comparison using Britney's image to get in the spotlight. Don't confuse intensions with "the way" she tries to get attention.

This is wrong in so many ways if you can't catch them you should need to check your priorities.

5 hours ago, Mannequin* said:

No girl, Let me stop you right now.

She is making a non sense comparison using Britney's image to get in the spotlight. Don't confuse intensions with "the way" she tries to get attention.

This is wrong in so many ways if you can't catch them you should need to check your priorities.

No girl, let me stop YOU. Reese Witherspoon does not need Britney to stay relevant in 2021.