Is ''Britney Jean'' Britney's FIRST flop era?

318283928219415ec152aa0feeb835d0.jpg

''Britney Jean'' era is a huge flop for many reasons and we all know this. I've been a Britney fan since 2020 maybe. I did my research obvi, I know a lot of stuff about her, every era, I know every album & much more. If I'm not wrong ''Britney Jean'' is her FIRST flop era, right? She has never flopped with an album before summing all of achievements in every eras. Unfortunately, ''Glory'' era is her second flop era even if songs on the album are good in my opinion. Thoughts? 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Roger said:

"There will be a performance in the form of a music video" -> Only Britney would say such a thing :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao:

WB was shaping up to be a big hit but the desert performance ruined the chances of success that era.

nah, i dont think it had anything to do with the desert performance. There were huge meltdowns on BreatheHeavy indeed, but thats not 100% britney's fanbase.

• Love 1

No Glory was FVzXNWu.gif

She was still very relevant in 2013 and WB had a lot of hype along with the launch of her Las Vegas residency whereas during Glory, the general public literally didn’t care nor did they know she was releasing music (and I don’t blame them since the lead single was underwhelming and the music/visuals were very sub-par that era) FVzXNWu.gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, AreYouReady said:

nah, i dont think it had anything to do with the desert performance. There were huge meltdowns on BreatheHeavy indeed, but thats not 100% britney's fanbase.

The GP couldn't care less about Britney's music in 2013 when the fanbase was going strong with supporting WB. It only had green updates on iTunes but right after the desert event ended, the downfall started with the never ending red updates. It killed the era for the fanbase, and lbr, the Army members are the only one keeping her music career afloat.

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, Roger said:

The GP couldn't care less about Britney's music in 2013 when the fanbase was going strong with supporting WB. It only had green updates on iTunes but right after the desert event ended, the downfall started with the never ending red updates. It killed the era for the fanbase, and lbr, the Army members are the only one keeping her music career afloat.

Ofcourse I do agree that if Britney did the desert performance, WB would have got more publicity and probably had gotten more sales. But I dissagree with the  fact this performance drama 'killed the whole era', maybe for the 'BreatheHeavy army', yes. What im trying to say is, that i actually believe there is much more outta there then just BreatheHeavy. Britney has a lot of followers who arent active on BreatheHeavy, who arent following every step Britney takes. Those followers have less high hopes, and care less about the desert performance and stuff like that.

Maybe i'm wrong, maybe i'm not, Just because it killed the era for BreatheHeavy followers, doesnt mean it's the same for 'the others.' :)

3 hours ago, Roger said:

"There will be a performance in the form of a music video" -> Only Britney would say such a thing :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao:

WB was shaping up to be a big hit but the desert performance ruined the chances of success that era.

Was there actuallt supposed to be a desert performance tho

5 minutes ago, Rick101 said:

Was there actuallt supposed to be a desert performance tho

I think so, I don't think Jordan pulled it out of nowhere. I feel like there was something more planned that got canceled for whatever reason.

I also don't necessarily think this was a flop era. People seem to forget that the era started with Work ****** which has become one of her most iconic songs, and it basically launched the Vegas residency

• Love 3

“Britney” as a brand got so lazy and complacent by Britney Jean.

It was just a rushed album in order to coincide with her POM residency which in itself was also cheap. No performance, no proper interview, the show was low budget. 

Had they got away with BJ and it had been a success we never would have got Glory. We’d have had another album thrown together with Mayah Marie taking the lead. 

• Love 4
  • Like 1

Well the album itself still went top 10 so I guess not a complete failure but it didn't go to number one and sold considerably less than her previous albums in the US. In the UK where I'm from it became her lowest charting album (#34 :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:) and it also underperformed in a lot of other countries. Work ***** was still a sizeable hit though, but Perfume flopped.

• Like 3

Hard question.. blackout may be considered as flop.. 

britneys personal life for in front of her carrier but on that period she as a singer was very back and we got her first #2 album.. era had no performances, interviews and even singles did good in charts her songs wasn’t everywhere like previous albums (even they didn’t chart well because of the radio, her music videos, pics, interviews, performances, dolls, shirts etc were everywhere).

after all that happened - she kind of disconnected from music industry imo.. 

there always would be hype for her but bad narrative from media - “too ****”, “bad role model”, “untalented” added new labels also like  “crazy”, “addicted”, “bad mother”, “bad person” killed sparks or smth.. can’t really explain what I feel about all that but the girl named lucky wasn’t a lucky anymore for gp

i’m glad that after time blackout become iconic but for me it’s her first flop as an album for a singer

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, NewDisplayName said:

Hard question.. blackout may be considered as flop.. 

britneys personal life for in front of her carrier but on that period she as a singer was very back and we got her first #2 album.. era had no performances, interviews and even singles did good in charts her songs wasn’t everywhere like previous albums (even they didn’t chart well because of the radio, her music videos, pics, interviews, performances, dolls, shirts etc were everywhere).

after all that happened - she kind of disconnected from music industry imo.. 

there always would be hype for her but bad narrative from media - “too ****”, “bad role model”, “untalented” added new labels also like  “crazy”, “addicted”, “bad mother”, “bad person” killed sparks or smth.. can’t really explain what I feel about all that but the girl named lucky wasn’t a lucky anymore for gp

i’m glad that after time blackout become iconic but for me it’s her first flop as an album for a singer

Yeah I agree Blackout was the first flopped era

her teams literally still pay it dust

• Love 1