BTS release new sizzling music video for "Butter (Hotter Remix)"

I listened to the song BEFORE watching the video... I was underwhelmed by the song. It's "Dynamite"'s cousin. K-pop has a serious OBSESSION with the US culture of the 40s. The vocals aren't as processed, but they don't sound very organic either. I wish I could hear and enjoy more the differences in each member, since each one of them is so unique! But I can tell that they tried to make everyone participate (I could bet they read all the comments asking for Suga to have a more prominent role vocally, but he's got SO MUCH MORE to offer... I mean, change the freaking song when he comes, add a breakdown, something; he can pull that off. The same for RM).

The video: my gawd they are amazing. They are 100% full of charisma. Each one of them. I could watch them all day. I LOVE V. He's my favorite. Jungkook with long hair is a serve. The outfits are super cool, all of them. They've changed the make up to a more matt one, did you notice? Asian make up tends to me way shinier.

Love the choreo, especially the subtle kiss on the hand part, but nothing amazing or new either.

The stage at the end is so cool!

So basically, nice song and video once more, but at the same time, deep inside I feel like they are being safe and relying on all their charisma to sell this. But now I miss the times when they weren't that famous and would take more risks. They can't do that now. That happens to all artists, and it's sad. I mean, I know this is an all-English single, but why can't Suga rap in Korean? What would be the problem with that? Make them all really shine, make it really diverse, eff the system a little bit... It doesn't take much to do that. I feel underestimated. But yeah I don't want to leave my review on a sad note, I actually liked it!

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
1 hour ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Where was this song to block Olive Ridiculous on the charts? I would’ve bought both the song and instrumental if it meant they were competing the same week :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: I would become a Billie stan again if she surprise dropped her album tonight :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao:

It's still between Olive and this song for the next week at #1.  Olive just dropped her album, so she still has a chance, considering Billboard robbed Dua  of her #1 to sabotage BTS :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
15 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

I listened to the song BEFORE watching the video... I was underwhelmed by the song. It's "Dynamite"'s cousin. K-pop has a serious OBSESSION with the US culture of the 40s. The vocals aren't as processed, but they don't sound very organic either. I wish I could hear and enjoy more the differences in each member, since each one of them is so unique! But I can tell that they tried to make everyone participate (I could bet they read all the comments asking for Suga to have a more prominent role vocally, but he's got SO MUCH MORE to offer... I mean, change the freaking song when he comes, add a breakdown, something; he can pull that off. The same for RM).

The video: my gawd they are amazing. They are 100% full of charisma. Each one of them. I could watch them all day. I LOVE V. He's my favorite. Jungkook with long hair is a serve. The outfits are super cool, all of them. They've changed the make up to a more matt one, did you notice? Asian make up tends to me way shinier.

Love the choreo, especially the subtle kiss on the hand part, but nothing amazing or new either.

The stage at the end is so cool!

So basically, nice song and video once more, but at the same time, deep inside I feel like they are being safe and relying on all their charisma to sell this. But now I miss the times when they weren't that famous and would take more risks. They can't do that now. That happens to all artists, and it's sad. I mean, I know this is an all-English single, but why can't Suga rap in Korean? What would be the problem with that? Make them all really shine, make it really diverse, eff the system a little bit... It doesn't take much to do that. I feel underestimated. But yeah I don't want to leave my review on a sad note, I actually liked it!

Unfortunately, SUGA rapping in Korean will result in the song receiving the 'Ice Cream' treatment when Lisa rapped in Korean. They need the radio to play the song.

• Like 1
  • Content Curators
20 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

The US preaches to be diverse but they are SO narrow minded.

The song made zero impact on the radio despite adding Selena Gomez and having most of the lyrics English. The radio is still so resistant to K-pop groups.

I can see Butter becoming a hit though.

10 minutes ago, Invitation said:

Her daily streams are going up every single day. I don't know how she pulls that off. Maybe she does have a big fanbase.

Taylor is sharing her fan base. As long as Taylor keeps mentioning her, giving her props, maintaining relevancy herself then this girl is going to keep riding off that. Imagine your career being successful because of who endorsed you and whose fans you’re leeching. I mean I know she’s a Taylor stan, but build your own career

• Haha 2
  • Content Curators
Just now, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Taylor is sharing her fan base. As long as Taylor keeps mentioning her, giving her props, maintaining relevancy herself then this girl is going to keep riding off that. Imagine your career being successful because of who endorsed you and whose fans you’re leeching. I mean I know she’s a Taylor stan, but build your own career

Am I being a #traitor? I'm streaming SOUR at the moment again :didilie_nicki_lmao_laugh_haha_lol_hehe_cackle_minaj_hat:

• Haha 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block