What Three Hilary Duff Songs Should Have Been Singles?

Metamorphosis was my real first CD. I was like 6 or 7 when it came out. I think the following could’ve been singles from each era in addition to the existing singles: 

metamorphosis (2003)

anywhere but here was a missed oppoetunity. It was in the behind the scenes of Lizzie McGuire and the recording of metamorphosis which was a bonus short on the Lizzie McGuire movie DVD. It was also played at the end of a Cinderella story and everyone my age was familiar w it (1st or 2nd grade things lmao). The title track had the same vibe and would’ve been appropriate as a single marching w the theme of transitioning from Disney to mainstream radio. It did well in Canada! I remember hearing so yesterday on the radio a lot and I doubt These tracks woulda been any different. Kids have a lot of power when it comes to buying albums but moving on from that

Self titled (2004)

@SloppyToppyGoddess not sure why you would want Mr. James Dean. Her voice is strained and she’s struggling to sing over the electric guitar, which I think was a reason for why Since U Been Gone was passed on from her during this era too

i would’ve preferred these in particular, as they had single and replay value for the hardcore pop rock song she was trying to embody at this time. I do know her label was trying to make her sing more pop songs and she kept going on a rampage of wanting to be more “hardcore” (she didn’t use that word), and make more “Hilary duff (rock) music” as she put it. 

i am was a hugely missed opportunity but I understand given that they released Most Wanted shortly after this 

Dignity (2007) 

Amazing 

gypsy woman and danger woulda fit right in with the future s** love sounds stuff going on the radio at the time. 

breathe in breathe out (2015) 

the album she forgot so quickly about and @Slayer’S personal fav :forkit_britney_ice_cream_ellen_glory_eating_yum_spoon_food:

these fit the 2015 landscape so well and reminds me of my senior year in high school since it came out at the end of that school year 

lies would’ve been perfect and I also think the title track would’ve fared as an amazing single since they started fresh following all about YIU and chasing the sun underperfoming

fits right in with the 1989 Esque landscape that existed back the. 

13 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Stop :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

This was a good live performance of hers even though she didn't look like she was enjoying it.

Omg me in senior yesr sharing this video on fb thinking she was gonna start competing on the charts  w Ed Sheeran and Taylor :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what: I legit would bug ppl about it all the time and then when she made the theme switch tk electro pop with Sparks I really was like :jumpney_britney_green_excited_yay: actually she’s gonna be competing w Ariana and the girls :yeahsure_britney_ftr_for_the_record_yeah_nod_yes_white: younger was fun from what I saw of it!!!! 

all about u was my track for some time before I realized I’m into stuff w more of an edge tbh...... anyway Hilary was my first concert 

28 minutes ago, Rick101 said:

Metamorphosis was my real first CD. I was like 6 or 7 when it came out.

I had it too! But with the white background, full body picture and big red font in Hilary as the cover (guess it was the edition for Europe and Latin America). Such a fun album. 

• Love 1

It is good to see a post of Hilary in the forum, I would like to tell you that together with the person with the most visits have to her unpublished album "This heart" we are preparing a Deluxe version for the anniversary of  "This Heart" And the anniversary publication of BIBO to make a #JusticeForBIBO #JusticeForThisHeart, a download day for next June 12, I hope you join us and we make this happen.

when the video comes out  I will let you know I hope to have the support of  all the fans

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block